Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR AUGUST PHOTOS! (2022)

PreviousPage 3 of 12Next

Here are some from a walk with my parents and kiddo yesterday. I brought my K-3 and K10D. My Mom has an old Canon Rebel that she doesn't use anymore, says she can't see through the viewfinder because of her glasses. I told her what I do, as I wear glasses and have even worse vision (I'm almost -6 diopter, I may have better luck with echolocation soon). When she said that about the K10D and I saw she wasn't doing anything particularly wrong, I adjusted the diopter slider, if that's what it's called, and that helped her out a lot. Cool! Maybe she'll use her old Canon again now. 🙂

Anyway she had a blast with my old Pentax and she got some great shots, too. I paired it with my favorite, the 18-135mm. I had the 20-40mm on my K-3 and switching between the two on occasion did have me appreciating again just how good the 18-135 is for its price and versatility. Pentax has some lenses that are just so much value for money it's crazy.

My Mom, K10D, Kiddo

IMGP7132 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP7127 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

We gave ourselves a photo challenge to take a nice photograph of this rusty pole in the yard. This is my attempt

IMGP7153 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP7244 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP7309 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP7268 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6472 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Here's one my Mom took with the K10 🙂
 IMGP6429 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

KankRat, SpruceBruce and Bart Kerste have reacted to this post.
KankRatSpruceBruceBart Kerste

Photo dump of insect action out of the budget setup Olympus EM10 II & 7Artisans 60mm Macro Mk II.  I'd easily recommend these two pieces of equipment for someone wanting to get into macro on a budget.  The buttery smooth focus ring, coupled with the Em10's lightweight is perfect for getting these insect shots of late.  It's alot easier to work than the K1/100mm F2.8 WR, even though I'd prefer the resolution of the FF sensor.  The Pentax doesn't focus as easy as the 7Artisans does, since it's designed primarily to be AF.  if I'd describe the shooting experience it's on par with my Super Takumar 50mm F1.4 for focus/aperture ring operation.

JBP, David Maynard and Bart Kerste have reacted to this post.
JBPDavid MaynardBart Kerste

Fantastic! It's amazing to me that a teacup of a camera can do this. 👏

Some more closeups with my K-3. Still on the 20-40 kick.

IMGP7396 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP7470 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP7489 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP7520 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Here I was trying to make the viewer feel like a Peeping Tom... 🤫

IMGP7547 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

I was trying to have a romantic composition here for the "love bugs" 💖

IMGP7558 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

KankRat, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatSpruceBruceBart KersteEckyH

@jbp @sprucebruce y'all are on a roll! Beautiful colors and compositions. I love those times where I'm able to go out and photograph a ton.

This morning I went out to try to make the most of the dried creek bed. I brought my Sigma SD14 with the hot mirror popped out and an IR720 on the lens. It can't meter through the IR filter so goes crazy and I had to guess manual exposure and manual focus. The files were also super red, which makes me think that the filter isn't a true 720nm, an also that the way a foveon sensor is designed it's eating up those reds. Anyway, color swaps were out of the question so I went with black and whites.

Justin Tung, KankRat and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungKankRatBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceJBPDavid MaynardBart KersteEckyH
Happy snappin' 🙂

Yesterday I went for a walk with my family on the boulevard in Vlissingen, Zeeland, the Netherlands. We were lucky, a beautiful sunset, partly behind clouds, creating beautiful colors. All photos were taken with the Konica Minolta Dimage A200, a camera from 2005. Some photos come straight out of the camera, others I had to edit lightly, especially straightening the horizon.

Uploaded files:
  • PICT0506verkleind.jpg
  • PICT0540verkleind.jpg
  • PICT0546verkleind.jpg
  • PICT0562verkleind.jpg
KankRat, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatSpruceBruceJBPahoyhereEckyH
Within the limits of my equipment consciously looking for painting with light.
Quote from James Warner on August 5, 2022, 2:40 am

@jbp @sprucebruce y'all are on a roll! Beautiful colors and compositions. I love those times where I'm able to go out and photograph a ton.

This morning I went out to try to make the most of the dried creek bed. I brought my Sigma SD14 with the hot mirror popped out and an IR720 on the lens. It can't meter through the IR filter so goes crazy and I had to guess manual exposure and manual focus. The files were also super red, which makes me think that the filter isn't a true 720nm, an also that the way a foveon sensor is designed it's eating up those reds. Anyway, color swaps were out of the question so I went with black and whites.

The skies are really beautiful, a beautiful drawing, which gives the photos a dramatic look. The third photo appeals to me the most because of the composition.

Quote from JBP on August 5, 2022, 12:43 am

Some more closeups with my K-3. Still on the 20-40 kick.

The depth of field, composition and colors of the second photo really appeal to me. Great series, but I prefer the second photo. And then of course the photo of the love bugs. Again, the depth of field is exactly right, beautiful colors and of course just a striking photo.

Quote from SpruceBruce on August 4, 2022, 7:10 pm

Photo dump of insect action out of the budget setup Olympus EM10 II & 7Artisans 60mm Macro Mk II.  I'd easily recommend these two pieces of equipment for someone wanting to get into macro on a budget.  The buttery smooth focus ring, coupled with the Em10's lightweight is perfect for getting these insect shots of late.  It's alot easier to work than the K1/100mm F2.8 WR, even though I'd prefer the resolution of the FF sensor.  The Pentax doesn't focus as easy as the 7Artisans does, since it's designed primarily to be AF.  if I'd describe the shooting experience it's on par with my Super Takumar 50mm F1.4 for focus/aperture ring operation.

Impressive series of macro photos, beautifully magnified

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from EckyH on August 2, 2022, 4:26 pm

Yesterday during the lunch break...
Olympus E-M1 with 30/3.5 Macro.

E.

The drop on the leaf... beautiful.

PreviousPage 3 of 12Next