Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR AUGUST PHOTOS! (2022)

PreviousPage 2 of 12Next

@davidmaynard  Really enjoy the seashell shot.  I took your words of encouragement and did some insect photography this morning.  Olympus EM 10 II & 7Artisans 60mm Macro F2.8 MkII.  Fantastic little lens, I got a Laowa 2X 50mm in M43 & 100mm in Nikon Z mount on the way soon.  Decided to trade the KP for them.

James Warner, Justin Tung and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungBeau CarpenterJBPgroverDavid MaynardBart KersteEckyH

Nice shots everyone! I really like those landscapes and astro @grover

So far this month, candid photos of the family

Uploaded files:
  • DSCF2117.jpg
  • DSCF2128.jpg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceJBPgroverDavid MaynardBart KersteEckyH
Quote from David Maynard on August 2, 2022, 4:35 pm

@sprucebruce Bring on the bee shots! They are very cool. 🙂

Here are some photos from yesterday and today. Flowers were shot while the little one was sleeping in the car (I should start a series on photos close enough to the car to hear if she wakes up!), then some beach shots from this morning. Trying Flikr links for the first time, let's see if this works! It's interesting to shoot some macro at the beach. I had a lot of throw-away images, but some fun ideas that I hope to explore the next time!

Close ups with the Fuji 60mm Macro f/2.4 and Velvia recipe, bird shot with the Fuji 15-45mm and Classic Chrome recipe all on the XE-4.

These are great. I want to go to Flickr to favorite them but I can't click them for some reason.  I use the bbcode option (I just copy/paste it here) and it seems you can click through that way.

Here's a few from a walk with my kid today.

IMGP7089 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP7034 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP7015 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP7076-2.jpg
Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBrucegroverDavid MaynardBart KersteEckyH
Quote from SpruceBruce on August 2, 2022, 9:52 pm

@davidmaynard  Really enjoy the seashell shot.  I took your words of encouragement and did some insect photography this morning.  Olympus EM 10 II & 7Artisans 60mm Macro F2.8 MkII.  Fantastic little lens, I got a Laowa 2X 50mm in M43 & 100mm in Nikon Z mount on the way soon.  Decided to trade the KP for them.

These are amazing!! I was thinking of that lens too when I was looking at macro lenses. Looks like it does a great job!

@jbp I see what I did wrong, I just grabbed the IMG portion of the BBCode, not the whole string, so I’ll do that going forward so it clicks through. 🙂 These are great shots! I love the upward view of the flower!

SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBP

Some photos I initially passed over when processing. Some of them I just wasn't satisfied with on first pass, but often black and white is just the ticket. Others I just plum missed altogether in my rush. lol I like taking pictures, not processing them. 😛

All with my Pentax K-3 and 20-40. That lens has rarely left the camera since I got it. I need to take it for a spin on my K10D soon, I think that will be an even better pairing. And oddly enough it seems to focus more accurately with it, too! Maybe more cleaning on the K-3 is required. I have a proper Rocket Blower arriving today. 🙂

IMGP5444 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5445 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5756 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5796 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6382 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6549 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6660 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Beau Carpenter, grover and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpentergroverBart KersteEckyH

Holy smokes these macro shots are sharp. Are these hand held?

@jbp I spot a Jeep "Ecco" wheel 😉

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Quote from JBP on August 3, 2022, 7:38 pm

Some photos I initially passed over when processing. Some of them I just wasn't satisfied with on first pass, but often black and white is just the ticket. Others I just plum missed altogether in my rush. lol I like taking pictures, not processing them. 😛

All with my Pentax K-3 and 20-40. That lens has rarely left the camera since I got it. I need to take it for a spin on my K10D soon, I think that will be an even better pairing. And oddly enough it seems to focus more accurately with it, too! Maybe more cleaning on the K-3 is required. I have a proper Rocket Blower arriving today. 🙂

Great photos! I just got a K10d today with 35mm f/2.8 DA Macro

One of my first shots after work this evening, processed in darktable.

Someone had mentioned the nice CCD rendering of pinks in sky and I must agree! I think I'm going to do some comparisons with my Fuji X-T1

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP2551.jpg
Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruceJBPDavid MaynardEckyH
Quote from Beau Carpenter on August 4, 2022, 1:36 am

Someone had mentioned the nice CCD rendering of pinks in sky and I must agree! I think I'm going to do some comparisons with my Fuji X-T1

@grover yes they're handheld, it's a lot of focus pulling to get the best shot.

@beau-carpenter   So any chance you got the DA 35mm Limited Macro off of MPB as well? I'm trying to see if that SN matches to the one I traded in. You're gonna love that lens! It's a real gem.

Beau Carpenter and JBP have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterJBP
Quote from grover on August 3, 2022, 7:58 pm

Holy smokes these macro shots are sharp. Are these hand held?

@jbp I spot a Jeep "Ecco" wheel 😉

Good eye. 🙂

Excellent! Enjoy that CCD sensor and alarmingly loud shutter. 😆 It's a gem of a camera. So is the XT1, I'll be interested in your comparisons. 🙂

Beau Carpenter has reacted to this post.
Beau Carpenter
Quote from SpruceBruce on August 4, 2022, 3:39 am

@grover yes they're handheld, it's a lot of focus pulling to get the best shot.

@beau-carpenter   So any chance you got the DA 35mm Limited Macro off of MPB as well? I'm trying to see if that SN matches to the one I traded in. You're gonna love that lens! It's a real gem

@sprucebruce I purchased it together with the K10D off of Facebook Marketplace, but it did come in a box that looks like it was reused from MPB. SN 9286924

PreviousPage 2 of 12Next