Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR AUGUST PHOTOS! (2022)

PreviousPage 12 of 12

Such fantastic photos everyone! Here are a few photos from this month, taken with a Ricoh GR II.

Uploaded files:
  • ricoh-gr-ii-crommett16.jpg
  • ricoh-gr-ii-crommett18.jpg
  • ricoh-gr-ii-crommett19.jpg
  • ricoh-gr-ii-crommett17.jpg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawadkcphotogeekJBPDavid MaynardEckyH
Quote from denniscrommett on August 31, 2022, 3:29 am

Such fantastic photos everyone! Here are a few photos from this month, taken with a Ricoh GR II.

I dig the bottle still life.

David Maynard has reacted to this post.
David Maynard

I saw Mr. Snappy's bike photo on IG. Figured I'd take a few on a ride. I actually found his YT channel because I was interested in doing photography via bike.

If any bike nerds are interested I just recently swapped out my suspension fork for a rigid steel.  I built this bike years ago, the suspension fork started leaking and I hated it anyway because it did not have a lockout.  Right now I am seriously digging this bike on flat sifted limestone trails.  I am going to try it on a real offroad ride.

There are a few folks from Illinois on this forum.  So this particular trail runs along the Illinois and Michigan Canal.  This particular stretch is between Romeoville and Joliet.  It was only 16 miles round trip, but a very nice ride.  The first pic is from here:

Joliet Iron Works Historic Site | Forest Preserve District of Will County (reconnectwithnature.org)

Rockhound visits Joliet Hist. Iron WorksGunnar Rockhound 4

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceGawadEckyH
Quote from KankRat on August 31, 2022, 1:22 pm

I saw Mr. Snappy's bike photo on IG. Figured I'd take a few on a ride. I actually found his YT channel because I was interested in doing photography via bike.

If any bike nerds are interested I just recently swapped out my suspension fork for a rigid steel.  I built this bike years ago, the suspension fork started leaking and I hated it anyway because it did not have a lockout.  Right now I am seriously digging this bike on flat sifted limestone trails.  I am going to try it on a real offroad ride.

There are a few folks from Illinois on this forum.  So this particular trail runs along the Illinois and Michigan Canal.  This particular stretch is between Romeoville and Joliet.  It was only 16 miles round trip, but a very nice ride.  The first pic is from here:

Joliet Iron Works Historic Site | Forest Preserve District of Will County (reconnectwithnature.org)

Rockhound visits Joliet Hist. Iron WorksGunnar Rockhound 4

Beautiful bike! And beautiful looking trail. Makes me itch to go back to the midwest one day. When I lived in Missouri I did party of the Katy trail, which is a rail-to-trail that runs almost from St. Louis to Kansas City. Would love to go back now as an adult and do the whole thing in one epic ride.

Happy snappin' 🙂

Thanks

Quote from James Warner on September 1, 2022, 12:40 am

Beautiful bike! And beautiful looking trail. Makes me itch to go back to the midwest one day. When I lived in Missouri I did party of the Katy trail, which is a rail-to-trail that runs almost from St. Louis to Kansas City. Would love to go back now as an adult and do the whole thing in one epic ride.

Thanks. I built that bike a while ago from a used frame and new parts one by one. It took about two years.  When I emailed Gunnar to find out the specs for axle to crown and offset the frame was designed for, the response came from Richard Schwinn.  His grandfather or great grandfather started the bike company.  The newest version of that frame is $1600. Gunnars are the cheap version of a Waterford.  Those are even more.

We are spoiled rotten here. All the trails, forests and rivers so close to a major city, and a cool city at that.  as I was doing this ride it dawned on me that I really don't know if I could get used to living anyplace else.

Rails to Trails:  There is a super cool system up in Wisconsin, that starts in the Driftless region.

Bike 4 Trails

I rode all four at one time or another. The most popular one is Elroy Sparta.  You go thru these really long train tunnels.  It's super neat.  One is really long.   This terrible video I made 10 years ago is a county trail that is similar. The Elroy Sparta Tunnels are longer.

Quote from denniscrommett on August 31, 2022, 3:29 am

These are beautiful! I especially love the bottle and towel still life shots!

Quote from denniscrommett on August 31, 2022, 3:10 am
Quote from JBP on August 9, 2022, 1:41 am

A few from this weekend at a kid's museum with the Canon G7X. Last one from today with my old flame, my K10D. 🙂

IMG_2460 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMG_2572 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMG_2678 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6616 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Oh man, I love these shots from the museum. The first one reminds me of the large hadron collider; man I loved looking at photos of that thing when it was more in the news. These are a great reminder to think outside the box. Thanks!

Thank you!

Great photos, everyone!! I haven't had time to post much on the forum this week, but I've been lurking when I can. Such great photos in this thread from everyone. When I get home I'm going to spend time looking at them all again. What a great array of shots, too. From landscapes to macros! Love it. 🙂

PreviousPage 12 of 12