Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR AUGUST PHOTOS! (2022)

PreviousPage 11 of 12Next

Thanks @davidmaynard and @james-warner-b

I love urban and street photography, it poses a great challenge so when you get a shot that you like it's really rewarding.

The Minolta Rokkor Lenses seem to have nice colour, a bit like the Takumars or Voightlanders colours are nicely saturated. I hear the Minolta 35-70 F3.5 zoom is a nice lens but would like to try the 28/35mm Minolta Rokkor as the Takumar 28mm isn't as good as other Pentax/Takumar lenses. However I think the gap of an 85mm lens in my lineup is probably too glaring it's probably between the Takumar or Minolta (whichever is available and cheaper) so that will be the next purchase (even though my brain tries to point out that my 43mm Pentax on the GX80/GH5 will give me a similar experience...quiet brain).

SpruceBruce and David Maynard have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceDavid Maynard
Kieran
Quote from SpruceBruce on August 28, 2022, 2:07 pm

Friday afternoon I took a trip to Mankato, Minnesota. Started the day at the Rapidam Store, best hole in the wall dining experience and got homemade pie! I took a shot of the old Texaco gas pump out front and later that day I hiked Minneopa State Park. It's crazy how much an 1.5 hr South of the Metro is drought strickened. The waterfall was practically a garden hose trickle. All shot on the K1 & Super Takumar 24mm F3.5

Great shots! I especially like the mushroom! Crazy about the drought there. I was on Prior Lake in July and that was really low too, I think historically low. Hopefully you'll get some rain up there soon!

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from SpruceBruce on August 28, 2022, 2:07 pm

Friday afternoon I took a trip to Mankato, Minnesota. Started the day at the Rapidam Store, best hole in the wall dining experience and got homemade pie! I took a shot of the old Texaco gas pump out front and later that day I hiked Minneopa State Park. It's crazy how much an 1.5 hr South of the Metro is drought strickened. The waterfall was practically a garden hose trickle. All shot on the K1 & Super Takumar 24mm F3.5

Cool photos, have long looked for that Super Takumar lens hard to get over here.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Kieran
Quote from TSTS on August 25, 2022, 1:25 am

Some shots from around the house!

These are awesome! Hummingbirds are on my list to shoot, plus I'm a sucker for closeups of leaves and the water drops ... 👌

Some favorites from the last week. Wrapping up August, can't believe it! We finished off the month with some well needed rain. Beyond some light sprinkles (10 mins) we haven't had real rain since May or even before, so it's been pretty bad.

Fuji X-E1 and Pentax Auto 110 lenses

Bike Sunrise by Snappiness, on Flickr

Sunrise by Snappiness, on Flickr

Reflection by Snappiness, on Flickr

Stream Reflection by Snappiness, on Flickr

Pentax K-3 III and DA* 300mm F4

Hawk takeoff by Snappiness, on Flickr

Pentax K-1 and Pentax-F 100mm f2.8 Macro

Buzzzzzz by Snappiness, on Flickr

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawadkcphotogeekJBPgroverDavid MaynardEckyH
Happy snappin' 🙂

James the hawk shot is fantastic!

Closing out the month with an attempt of Wide Angle Macro/Closeup Photography with the K1 & Super Takumar 24mm F3.5 stacked with a 12mm extension tube. Ultra Wide Macro is getting my attention after seeing a few reviews of the Laowa 15mm Macro, there's some very captivating environmental portraits of reptiles and insects that you can achieve with that FoV. Although focusing is difficult with such a short working distance, I managed a few shots today before leaving for work. A whole lotta spray and pray at this focal length. I also need to invest in a budget wireless transmitter for off camera flash to make the best of the setup.

James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterGawadkcphotogeekJBPgroverDavid MaynardEckyH

I need to get back to posting in the forum 😉 I've missed some great content.

Explored a new area not far from home. Man, I'll need to go back (prepared with tripod and all).

This is Troll Falls.

IMGP2015_02 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP2095 by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP2079_80_81_tonemapped_tonemapped by Neil Grover, on Flickr

IMGP2045_6_7_tonemapped_tonemapped by Neil Grover, on Flickr

James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawadJBPDavid MaynardEckyH
Quote from SpruceBruce on August 29, 2022, 9:18 pm

James the hawk shot is fantastic!

Closing out the month with an attempt of Wide Angle Macro/Closeup Photography with the K1 & Super Takumar 24mm F3.5 stacked with a 12mm extension tube. Ultra Wide Macro is getting my attention after seeing a few reviews of the Laowa 15mm Macro, there's some very captivating environmental portraits of reptiles and insects that you can achieve with that FoV. Although focusing is difficult with such a short working distance, I managed a few shots today before leaving for work. A whole lotta spray and pray at this focal length. I also need to invest in a budget wireless transmitter for off camera flash to make the best of the setup.

Whoa, The dragonfly shot stopped my scrolling for a good moment!

Such a cool perspective, usually we're looking down on insects, not up at them 😲

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP

@Beau thanks! That's exactly what I was aiming for!

K1 and Super Takumar 24mm F3.5 Part Deux!

Gawad, JBP and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
GawadJBPDavid MaynardEckyH
Quote from JBP on August 9, 2022, 1:41 am

A few from this weekend at a kid's museum with the Canon G7X. Last one from today with my old flame, my K10D. 🙂

IMG_2460 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMG_2572 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMG_2678 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP6616 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Oh man, I love these shots from the museum. The first one reminds me of the large hadron collider; man I loved looking at photos of that thing when it was more in the news. These are a great reminder to think outside the box. Thanks!

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
PreviousPage 11 of 12Next