Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SHARE YOUR AUGUST PHOTOS! (2022)

PreviousPage 10 of 12Next
Quote from SpruceBruce on August 24, 2022, 6:41 pm

Howdy y'all! Keep up the awesome photos as usual. I've been not so active lately, I just finished getting done a bunch of OT at work and haven't had a lot of down time. 15 days-ish in a row. Tiny photo dump incoming, I've really embraced photographing the garden/insect life around me. So I've been focused on it for 90% of my shooting lately. Anyway it's always a pleasure to see everyone else showcase their PoV and talent! It inspires my own self to work harder at becoming a better photographer.

The 70-300 AF-G is such a great budget telephoto, I had the more modern sharper pulse motor equivalent on my Nikon D3500 when I was newb into photography. Unfortunately the lens would be manual focus only on the ancient film body F80 design, the S2 Pro uses...

Olympus EM10 II 7Artisans 60mm Macro MkII

Beautiful photos, beautiful colors and sometimes so close. I envy the flying bees. I've never been able to photograph it like that.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Within the limits of my equipment consciously looking for painting with light.
Quote from David Maynard on August 20, 2022, 3:20 am

Some random shots over the past week. Not a lot of shooting or keepers this week, but I did get out a bit the past few days which was fun!

Foggy beach day shots, Fuji 15-45mm OIS, Velvia. I love that with OIS I can get some hand-held water blur.

Aug19 - 2 by David Maynard, on Flickr

Aug19 - 3 by David Maynard, on FlickrI think these photos are really beautiful. Nice weather pictures are posted the most, but especially with some foggy or stormy weather to the beach, that is the real beach life for me.

I think these photos are really beautiful. Nice weather pictures are posted the most, but especially with some foggy or stormy weather to the beach, that is the real beach life for me.

David Maynard has reacted to this post.
David Maynard

Some trees with the Fujifilm X-E1 I'm borrowing and the TTArtisan 35mm f1.4

Beautiful photos of these trees, beautiful colors. Were these photos taken earlier in the morning or a little later in the evening? It seems a bit autumn already. In the Netherlands, autumn seems to start earlier due to the drought. Again, beautiful images.

Quote from James Warner on August 17, 2022, 2:33 am
Quote from TSTS on August 16, 2022, 1:26 am

Local car show in the parking lot of a Walmart.  Had a great time with my Dad, looking at some of the older cars! Net time I will bring a wider lens, shot with a 50mm on my KP

I like the tight shots. Interesting details!

Quote from kcphotogeek on August 16, 2022, 10:46 pm

Some handheld long exposure shots on the walk home from work using the Ricoh GRIII. Compact cameras are not dead

This series is so cool! Great captures.

Here's a few from my Olympus C-740UZ I've been playing with. Not a lot of shots to share this month so far. I haven't been out to shoot as much, and when I have it's been with my film cameras so those results are not in yet. We shall see 😛

The Olympus C-740UZ was my first digital camera. This one was on our honeymoon to Norway. Made beautiful photos. Have you already discovered that you can save multiple points with your light metering, so that the exposure is more correct. I have never seen this in any other camera after that. By the way, the lens in this travel camera is nicely sharp and produces beautiful colors.

Some shots from around the house!

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP5761.jpg
  • IMGP5799.jpg
  • IMGP5804.jpg
Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawadkcphotogeekJBPDavid MaynardEckyH

Hi there !

really glad to see everyone here and even some new faces, I hope everyone is doing well.

I haven't been out to shoot in so long because I got busy with life and wasn't feeling my best overall, but here are some shots from a recent trip this month.

James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBPDavid MaynardEckyH

Some great shots in August from everyone. Took a walk around my neighbourhood tonight with the Sony A7 II and Minolta Auto Rocker PF 55mm F1.8, I may try more Minolta lenses out a bright 85mm might be next on the vintage lens wish list let me know if anyone has any recommendations

Uploaded files:
  • DSC02232.jpg
  • DSC02201.jpg
  • DSC02193.jpg
  • DSC02174.jpg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceGawadJBPDavid MaynardEckyH
Kieran
Quote from kcphotogeek on August 27, 2022, 4:02 pm

Some great shots in August from everyone. Took a walk around my neighbourhood tonight with the Sony A7 II and Minolta Auto Rocker PF 55mm F1.8, I may try more Minolta lenses out a bright 85mm might be next on the vintage lens wish list let me know if anyone has any recommendations

I love these night time city shots! I haven't been out shooting in a city at night in many years. This inspires me to get out a bit more! 🙂

kcphotogeek has reacted to this post.
kcphotogeek
Quote from kcphotogeek on August 27, 2022, 4:02 pm

I'm not as familiar with the Minolta lineup of lenses. Those shots are beautiful! Well done!

kcphotogeek has reacted to this post.
kcphotogeek
Happy snappin' 🙂

Friday afternoon I took a trip to Mankato, Minnesota. Started the day at the Rapidam Store, best hole in the wall dining experience and got homemade pie! I took a shot of the old Texaco gas pump out front and later that day I hiked Minneopa State Park. It's crazy how much an 1.5 hr South of the Metro is drought strickened. The waterfall was practically a garden hose trickle. All shot on the K1 & Super Takumar 24mm F3.5

Here's a reference photo for non drought normal waterfall, taken back in 2019 on the D7200 & Rokinon 14mm

Beau Carpenter, kcphotogeek and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterkcphotogeekJBPDavid MaynardEckyH
PreviousPage 10 of 12Next