Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your August Photos! (2021)

PreviousPage 8 of 8
Quote from Eye.n.Eye on August 30, 2021, 9:01 am

What do you take photos of when you are stuck in lockdown and cannot take your cameras outside? Take photos OF your cameras hahaha.

I have no idea how to take still lifes or product photos, but its something I'd like to learn. These photos are taken on a MX-1, which I've officially decided is much more enjoyable to use than the Q10!

Beautiful collection! What's the sigma body?

Quote from SpruceBruce on August 30, 2021, 3:01 pm

Its a Sigma SD10. I couldn't call myself a camera nerd without owning at least one Foveon sensor camera hahaha

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from Eye.n.Eye on August 31, 2021, 4:12 am
Quote from SpruceBruce on August 30, 2021, 3:01 pm

Its a Sigma SD10. I couldn't call myself a camera nerd without owning at least one Foveon sensor camera hahaha

Very cool 🙂 that's a one day try for me, but probably not for a while. But a perfect camera for a camera nerd 🙂

SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

Last of August for me, Lake Maria State Park, MN.  LX100 II.  Fishing got slow in the heat and out came the compact beast.

Uploaded files:
  • 01081262.jpg
  • 01081257-1.jpg
  • 01081253.jpg
  • 01081249.jpg
James Warner and Eye.n.Eye have reacted to this post.
James WarnerEye.n.Eye
Quote from SpruceBruce on September 1, 2021, 1:21 am

Last of August for me, Lake Maria State Park, MN.  LX100 II.  Fishing got slow in the heat and out came the compact beast.

Okay, those are awesome. I find it really hard to get BW shots right but you do a great job. Makes me want to go out in an old boat and fish. And I don't even fish 😄

I am actually looking to buy a kayak soon. Do you use a dry bag to put the camera in when not in use, or do you just assume you want capsize because what are the odds of that?

Beau Carpenter has reacted to this post.
Beau Carpenter
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Snappy on September 1, 2021, 4:16 pm

Okay, those are awesome. I find it really hard to get BW shots right but you do a great job. Makes me want to go out in an old boat and fish. And I don't even fish 😄

I am actually looking to buy a kayak soon. Do you use a dry bag to put the camera in when not in use, or do you just assume you want capsize because what are the odds of that?

I was bank fishing since I had started the day wading the Mississippi River, I’m not brave enough to take my expensive gear on my kayak.  Especially if it’s a body of water that allows gas engines or is subject to a lot of consistent wind.  If I do, it’s on a lake with no outboards allowed and zero wind that day.  I do have a floating Pelican case that’s watertight that can hold my Q or Lx100.  People have this compulsive reflex to try to tip you over with their wake for whatever reason up here.  I find BW getting easier with mirrorless, not sure if your GX85 can do the same BW setup as mine, you can choose Monochrome as a profile and it’ll still shoot raw, with B&W in the EVF already.  That’s how I’ve been practicing.

I’ve also been drawing inspiration from these two guys! Shoot Film Like a Boss, he shoots 35/120 B&W Film almost exclusively , and Mat Marrash, he shoots large format mainly B&W as well.  They show a lot of metering, composition, and darkroom printing techniques that I find that translate over to digital nicely.

https://youtube.com/c/ShootFilmLikeaBoss

https://youtube.com/c/MatMarrash

Quote from SpruceBruce on September 1, 2021, 5:15 pm
Quote from Snappy on September 1, 2021, 4:16 pm

I was bank fishing since I had started the day wading the Mississippi River, I’m not brave enough to take my expensive gear on my kayak.  Especially if it’s a body of water that allows gas engines or is subject to a lot of consistent wind.  If I do, it’s on a lake with no outboards allowed and zero wind that day.  I do have a floating Pelican case that’s watertight that can hold my Q or Lx100.  People have this compulsive reflex to try to tip you over with their wake for whatever reason up here.  I find BW getting easier with mirrorless, not sure if your GX85 can do the same BW setup as mine, you can choose Monochrome as a profile and it’ll still shoot raw, with B&W in the EVF already.  That’s how I’ve been practicing.

I’ve also been drawing inspiration from these two guys! Shoot Film Like a Boss, he shoots 35/120 B&W Film almost exclusively , and Mat Marrash, he shoots large format mainly B&W as well.  They show a lot of metering, composition, and darkroom printing techniques that I find that translate over to digital nicely.

https://youtube.com/c/ShootFilmLikeaBoss

https://youtube.com/c/MatMarrash

@sprucebruce is correct about using the monochrome profile!

There's also a monochrome live view function where your jpegs can be processed with a color profile and only the screen and evf will display in black and white.

Instructions are on pg 216 of the manual > https://help.panasonic.ca/viewing/ALL/DMC-G85P/OI/dvqp1003za/dvqp1003za.pdf

SpruceBruce
PreviousPage 8 of 8