Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your August Photos! (2021)

PreviousPage 7 of 8Next
Quote from SpruceBruce on August 25, 2021, 9:11 pm

I took my parents to the Como Zoo last week, I've been trying to see in BW for compositions now. The light bleeding through a cloudy day in the conservatory made for great practice.  My Z50 once again, and the 16-50 kit.

From the thumbnails you could've fooled me those are film shots. Really nice editing and of course composition. Work really well in BW.

I've had this idea for a while to bike into the city and take some BW shots. Gotta make time for it. Would be a good practice for me too 🙂

Beau Carpenter and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

Here are some daily snapshots from the past week or so I didn’t get a chance to edit until now.

Sunset over hill country. We were staying at an AirBnB in a scenic area. Very pretty. Ricoh GR.

From a lunch run today using the Kolari Pocket with an 850nm filter. Inspired me with that B&W post earlier 🙂

That light spot towards the top is a weird IR flare. Super annoying. Seems to happen a lot on this camera and not sure what to do about a hood.

I’ll dig some more up to share. Thanks for all the inspiration to get out and shoot 🙂

Justin Tung, Beau Carpenter and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawad
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Snappy on August 26, 2021, 1:41 pm
Quote from SpruceBruce on August 25, 2021, 9:11 pm

I took my parents to the Como Zoo last week, I've been trying to see in BW for compositions now. The light bleeding through a cloudy day in the conservatory made for great practice.  My Z50 once again, and the 16-50 kit.

From the thumbnails you could've fooled me those are film shots. Really nice editing and of course composition. Work really well in BW.

I've had this idea for a while to bike into the city and take some BW shots. Gotta make time for it. Would be a good practice for me too 🙂

Do the bike riding photo ride! I post in a Facebook group dedicated to moody photos in Minnesota, one of the regulars lives in downtown Minneapolis, and he shoots all kinds of adapted vintage glass on his Nikon Z6 on his daily bike rides.

Beau Carpenter has reacted to this post.
Beau Carpenter

My wife and two sons took a road trip to Glenwood Springs Colorado to visit my cousin.  Once I get all the shots edited, I'll post a separate thread.  Here is one of the better shots, taken actually in Utah at Dinosaur National Monument.  There were lots of these rufous hummers buzzing around these flowers, which i believe to be rocky mountain bee plants. I tried to get an adult male in flight be they were more wary than the juveniles and females. Best to click on image and view on my Flickr page, where you can click on it again.  details are pretty good. I only gave it 20% sharpening and I am not sure it needed it.

Rufous Hummingbird by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

James Warner, Justin Tung and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawadEye.n.Eye
Quote from Snappy on August 26, 2021, 8:19 pm

I’ll dig some more up to share. Thanks for all the inspiration to get out and shoot 🙂

Nice shots.  I like them all.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from KankRat on August 28, 2021, 7:39 pm

My wife and two sons took a road trip to Glenwood Springs Colorado to visit my cousin.  Once I get all the shots edited, I'll post a separate thread.  Here is one of the better shots, taken actually in Utah at Dinosaur National Monument.  There were lots of these rufous hummers buzzing around these flowers, which i believe to be rocky mountain bee plants. I tried to get an adult male in flight be they were more wary than the juveniles and females. Best to click on image and view on my Flickr page, where you can click on it again.  details are pretty good. I only gave it 20% sharpening and I am not sure it needed it.

Beautiful! I have wanted to plant some flowers specifically for hummingbirds in our yard for a while now. I see them come to one of our flowering trees occasionally, but I would like more opportunity.

KankRat and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
KankRatSpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

Incredible! You could publish your work in Nat Geo.

KankRat has reacted to this post.
KankRat

Excellent detail. It was worth the pixel peeping on Flickr haha!

I appreciate the skill in capturing such a fast moving bird. 1/2500th is just the perfect amount of wing blur.  Great subject separation too

KankRat has reacted to this post.
KankRat

Visited the best collection of WW2 fighters in the absolute middle of nowhere Minnesota near Granite Falls  They're literally in a sea of corn 3 hours west of the twin cities. They are all still airworthy and flying, minus the Hellcat getting reskinned. Pentax 6x7 SMC M 55mm F3.5 on Portra 160.

Uploaded files:
  • Pentax-67-7.jpg
  • Pentax-67.jpg
  • Pentax-67-9.jpg
  • Pentax-67-8.jpg
  • Pentax-67-2.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungGawadEye.n.Eye

What do you take photos of when you are stuck in lockdown and cannot take your cameras outside? Take photos OF your cameras hahaha.

I have no idea how to take still lifes or product photos, but its something I'd like to learn. These photos are taken on a MX-1, which I've officially decided is much more enjoyable to use than the Q10!

Uploaded files:
  • 20210830-MX1_0110-3.jpg
  • 20210830-MX1_0094.jpg
SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawad
PreviousPage 7 of 8Next