Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share Your August Photos! (2021)

PreviousPage 6 of 8Next
Quote from SpruceBruce on August 23, 2021, 2:19 pm

Caught some morning action from T2 in MSP, while I dropped my parents off to fly home to PHL.  Nikon Z50 & Tamron 150-600mm G2.

The color saturation really pops, especially on that Southwest plane. Love the backlight on that last one too, the layers of trees gives awesome depth.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Ever striving for minimum competency
Quote from Snappy on August 23, 2021, 4:02 pm

Caught some morning action from T2 in MSP, while I dropped my parents off to fly home to PHL.  Nikon Z50 & Tamron 150-600mm G2.

Have you ever considered making a book in a few years centered around your work? I just feel like it’s such a unique perspective working around aircraft and being a great photographer. Nice pics! How bulky does that setup feel? That is some great reach!

Here’s some from looking for wildlife. I’ll share some more day-to-day pics from a trip I took once I get them downloaded from my camera.

Leon Creek Wildlife

Leon Creek Wildlife

Barred Owl Morning

It's humorously gigantic on the tiny Z50, with the 6*7 for scale.  It's definitely a forearm workout, but not too bad. I'd reckon it's a lot harder for someone whose less physically fit than me, considering I get daily workouts from my occupation.  I'd like to switch to the Pentax 150-450, but this setup is cheaper for the body adapter and lens.

I print my photos alot on 13*19 and put them in a portfolio that stays under our coffee table.

That first shot is definitely Nat Geo worthy! What an incredible moment you caught.  I caught your latest biking video, what a blast.  Are you eventually get a TC for the DA*300?  I want to get a fat tire setup eventually to hit some prairies and woodlands around me.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20210823_122936171-3.jpg
Quote from SpruceBruce on August 23, 2021, 6:05 pm
Quote from Snappy on August 23, 2021, 4:02 pm

Have you ever considered making a book in a few years centered around your work? I just feel like it’s such a unique perspective working around aircraft and being a great photographer. Nice pics! How bulky does that setup feel? That is some great reach!

Here’s some from looking for wildlife. I’ll share some more day-to-day pics from a trip I took once I get them downloaded from my camera.

Leon Creek Wildlife

Leon Creek Wildlife

Barred Owl Morning

It's humorously gigantic on the tiny Z50, with the 6*7 for scale.  It's definitely a forearm workout, but not too bad. I'd reckon it's a lot harder for someone whose less physically fit than me, considering I get daily workouts from my occupation.  I'd like to switch to the Pentax 150-450, but this setup is cheaper for the body adapter and lens.

I print my photos alot on 13*19 and put them in a portfolio that stays under our coffee table.

That first shot is definitely Nat Geo worthy! What an incredible moment you caught.  I caught your latest biking video, what a blast.  Are you eventually get a TC for the DA*300?  I want to get a fat tire setup eventually to hit some prairies and woodlands around me.

Haha, that does look big. I thought about the Z50 for my future video setup because it would be good for photo too. Looked like a really good package for the price. Lenses like that are really tempting to get out of Pentax for wildlife (which I seem to be doing more and more of these days…) But don’t tell Pentaxians that 🙂 I’m sticking here for now.

I did actually pick up a TC this weekend. As uncommon as Pentax is, I found someone on eBay selling it and it said it was shipping from San Antonio. Breaking all of eBays rules (haha) I messaged him and offered a local deal and he accepted. We both ended up better off because of it, and I got a great deal! That first hawk photo was taken with it. Still need a lot longer on it but I think we have a winner setup. The DA* 300mm by itself for low light and closer up situations in the woods, and the DA* 300mm with 1.4x TC for open fields, daylight, and further away.

Fat tire bikes are way fun. I’ve ridden a 3.2” which is not even as fat as they get. It was super fun on snow, rocks, whatever you threw at it. If you get a nice light frame to use it on then it doesn’t even feel too sluggish.

Uploaded files:
  • 358AD015-E016-478C-8A59-E4E1E5C2EA7D.jpeg
Beau Carpenter and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

shot this wide open with my scratched up fd50mm f1.4 and the lights are just *chef's kiss*

here's a wider more reasonable shot of the place

also took this that morning

James Warner, Justin Tung and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceEye.n.Eye

Been shooting a lot, but editing not so much 😅 Finally catching up with photos from the earlier this month. Most were shot at 35mm on a Canon 5d Classic. Also just got in a new lens: Canon 200mm f2.8. Good results so far!

Uploaded files:
  • MG_0052.jpg
  • MG_0042.jpg
  • MG_0152_01.jpg
  • MG_0075.jpg
  • 1400428_01.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungSpruceBruceGawadEye.n.Eye

Moody B&W captures on a stormy day after my work shift today, Nikon Z50/150-600 combo.

Uploaded files:
  • DSC_1613.jpg
  • DSC_1640.jpg
  • DSC_1617.jpg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and Gawad have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterGawad
Quote from Beau Carpenter on August 25, 2021, 1:18 am

Been shooting a lot, but editing not so much 😅 Finally catching up with photos from the earlier this month. Most were shot at 35mm on a Canon 5d Classic. Also just got in a new lens: Canon 200mm f2.8. Good results so far!

That 200 2.8 sounds interesting! Glad you're having fun with the 5d classic. Nice pics!

SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Snappy on August 25, 2021, 2:27 am

That 200 2.8 sounds interesting! Glad you're having fun with the 5d classic. Nice pics!

It is pretty fun to use! Autofocus works pretty well with the 5D except when it starts to get dim indoors. Has a nice image and is fairly well balanced on the camera. Have not used outdoors much. Planning on taking it on a hike soon.

From what I understand it is much more compact than a 70-200 2.8 which is a big win in my book. I can fit the 5D, 200mm 2.8, 35mm 1.4, Flash Q, Ipad and accessories all in my small peak design everyday sling.

SpruceBruce
Quote from Beau Carpenter on August 25, 2021, 2:06 pm

It is pretty fun to use! Autofocus works pretty well with the 5D except when it starts to get dim indoors. Has a nice image and is fairly well balanced on the camera. Have not used outdoors much. Planning on taking it on a hike soon.

From what I understand it is much more compact than a 70-200 2.8 which is a big win in my book. I can fit the 5D, 200mm 2.8, 35mm 1.4, Flash Q, Ipad and accessories all in my small peak design everyday sling.

I've got the sling pack too, another great testament to their product design.  I'm able to squeeze my KP, 15/35 limiteds, and a 50-200 kit setup into mine as well.  You should do a thread review on that 200 2.8, I'd love to see what you could take with it.

I took my parents to the Como Zoo last week, I've been trying to see in BW for compositions now. The light bleeding through a cloudy day in the conservatory made for great practice.  My Z50 once again, and the 16-50 kit.

Uploaded files:
  • DSC_1165.jpg
  • DSC_1174.jpg
  • DSC_1167-1.jpg
  • DSC_1147.jpg
  • DSC_1158.jpg
Justin Tung, Beau Carpenter and Eye.n.Eye have reacted to this post.
Justin TungBeau CarpenterEye.n.Eye
Quote from SpruceBruce on August 25, 2021, 9:11 pm
Quote from Beau Carpenter on August 25, 2021, 2:06 pm

I've got the sling pack too, another great testament to their product design.  I'm able to squeeze my KP, 15/35 limiteds, and a 50-200 kit setup into mine as well.  You should do a thread review on that 200 2.8, I'd love to see what you could take with it.

I took my parents to the Como Zoo last week, I've been trying to see in BW for compositions now. The light bleeding through a cloudy day in the conservatory made for great practice.  My Z50 once again, and the 16-50 kit.

@sprucebruce certainly! I'll try to remember to collect some of my favorite images with it and do a new thread.

Nice, it is my favorite bag and the only one I carry unless traveling. It's the perfect size especially since I no longer carry a laptop.

Great idea to practice seeing light. It used to be that cloudy days were my favorite (soft light everywhere) now I would rather brighter days where there's more opportunity for interesting light contrast.

SpruceBruce
PreviousPage 6 of 8Next