Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your April Photos (2024)

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next

Obligatory blossom shots, two fairly stereotypical, and one (my favourite) of a tree that is fighting the good fight to bring nature back to a local industrial estate. 

KankRat, JBP and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatJBPgroverCory Maben
Quote from KankRat on April 21, 2024, 2:52 pm

The bird migration has finally arrived. Osprey here too are pairing up and nesting. Some warblers and native wildflowers are in bloom.

Osprey. Yellow-rumped warbler, Ruby-crowned kinglet female and male. 

Love the Osprey shot. One of my favorite birds.

Quote from Gideon Liddiard Photography on April 23, 2024, 6:49 am

Obligatory blossom shots, two fairly stereotypical, and one (my favourite) of a tree that is fighting the good fight to bring nature back to a local industrial estate. 

What was the last one shot with? Great colors.

Here are some shots with my first outing with the Ricoh GRIII. I have known about the Ricohs for ages but always disregarded them because they didn't have any of my must-haves: a viewfinder, interchangeable lenses, or even a good shutter sound lol. Well I guess those aren't must-haves anymore because I love this little pocket cam. Perfect to take anywhere, even in a restaurant or store where I'd normally leave the DSLR behind, and makes the photography side of things a bit simpler when trying to keep two kids alive.

R0000224 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

R0000217 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

R0000207 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

R0000183 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

R0000125 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

R0000075 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

R0000066 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

KankRat, kcphotogeek and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatkcphotogeekgroverGideon Liddiard PhotographyCory Maben
Quote from JBP on April 23, 2024, 1:12 pm

The last one was shot with my Lumix GX-7 and the Panasonic 12-24 pancake lens (great lens - tiny, cheap and stupidly sharp).

It did get a good deal of editing in LR, particularly with the Point Colour tool, as I knew exactly what look I wanted for that shot, and Point Colour gives you a great degree of control over that.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Quote from Gideon Liddiard Photography on April 24, 2024, 7:11 am
Quote from JBP on April 23, 2024, 1:12 pm

The last one was shot with my Lumix GX-7 and the Panasonic 12-24 pancake lens (great lens - tiny, cheap and stupidly sharp).

It did get a good deal of editing in LR, particularly with the Point Colour tool, as I knew exactly what look I wanted for that shot, and Point Colour gives you a great degree of control over that.

I will have to look into that lens. A zoom would be handy and a pancake feels perfect on the GX7.

Here are some more with the Ricoh GRIII. I bought this camera due to form factor, not the lens. But the #1 reason I would recommend it to someone now is the lens. It is just so sharp!

R0000365-6 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

R0000407 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

R0000423 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

R0000438 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

R0000455 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

R0000472 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Cory Maben has reacted to this post.
Cory Maben
Quote from JBP on April 24, 2024, 6:50 pm

I will have to look into that lens. A zoom would be handy and a pancake feels perfect on the GX7.

It's honestly so small I actually laughed when I first unboxed mine, but it's proven it's worth time and time again.

https://www.imaging-resource.com/lenses/panasonic/12-32mm-f3.5-5.6-asph-mega-ois-lumix-g-vario/review/

Few from a gig I shot on Thursday.

Full gallery of the set: https://gideonliddiardphotography.com/atari-pilot-the-tuppenny-april

JBP and Cory Maben have reacted to this post.
JBPCory Maben

My son and his GF junior prom.  2 of them I bounced the flash behind me off the ceiling.  the one where she is fixing his corsage is available light. It was raining nasty outside. So didn't do any outside, should have shot some under an umbrella. Didn't think of it in time.

D810, SB800, 60mm 2.8D 

Uploaded files:
  • DSC4441.jpg
  • DSC4432.jpg
  • DSC4442.jpg
JBP, Gideon Liddiard Photography and Cory Maben have reacted to this post.
JBPGideon Liddiard PhotographyCory Maben

I've got a little bit of a backlog. Here is the stuff I've been shooting recently, about half of these are with my newly acquired Sigma SD Quattro H:

SDIM2709 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

SDIM1514 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

SDIM1513 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

SDIM2707 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

SDIM2702 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

SDIM1508 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

JBP and Gideon Liddiard Photography have reacted to this post.
JBPGideon Liddiard Photography

A few from a gig last week.

JBP and Cory Maben have reacted to this post.
JBPCory Maben

These musicians make really interesting subject matter. Boy that is one cool old Ibanez bass.  You don't see those too much. 

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next