Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your April Photos (2024)

PreviousPage 2 of 4Next

Interesting:

What is a solar prominence? - NASA

Morning dog walk after a spring snowfall. Just used my old phone (Google Pixel 2xl). I'm trying to pull myself out of a photo slump (normal for me this time of year).

I walk this route with my dog every morning so I've photographed it a million times. By now, I don't normally bother taking photos around this area because " it's already been done ". But! this loop also serves as an easy way to "just take a shot" and get back into things.

We haven't had snow here for a few weeks which has been nice, but I also don't mind one last spring dump.

James Warner, KankRat and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerKankRatkcphotogeekJBPGideon Liddiard Photographyprisonwine
Quote from lil ie on April 13, 2024, 8:45 pm

Everyone had fun at the eclipse huh....... I'm over here taking pictures of traffic lights. I did see a total eclipse circa 2014 so I don't feel like missed out too much (I'm in denial)

IMG42377

IMG42348

IMG42372

IMG42428 This bug was on my balcony door today, I couldnt identify it at all, it was super weird; any entomologists please hit me up

IMG42397

IMG42383

IMG42380

IMG42309 my recent investigation into Italian cuisine brought me to Spaghetti all'Assassina, terrifying dish, truly evil, scary to cook at every step. Recommend to everyone.

How does the saying go? One person's traffic light is another's eclipse? Maybe I made that up.

Nice photos. It's fun to make beautiful photos of unremarkable everyday things. 🙂

Quote from grover on April 16, 2024, 4:14 pm

Morning dog walk after a spring snowfall. Just used my old phone (Google Pixel 2xl). I'm trying to pull myself out of a photo slump (normal for me this time of year).

I walk this route with my dog every morning so I've photographed it a million times. By now, I don't normally bother taking photos around this area because " it's already been done ". But! this loop also serves as an easy way to "just take a shot" and get back into things.

We haven't had snow here for a few weeks which has been nice, but I also don't mind one last spring dump.

Lovely photos! Weather and scenes like that make me want to get out for a hike more than any other.

I normally experience a lull in photography this time of year also. I think it's just because with the warm weather I have more responsibilities like yard work and home maintenance, plus other hobbies competing for my time. But this year I want to keep the ball rolling more. I just picked up a Ricoh GRIII to serve "Dad cam" duties and hopefully keep my photography going when I'd otherwise leave a camera behind. 🙂

I'll share some photos with that later, but first here are some with a Pentax Q7 I just picked up. It was a good deal bundled with two lenses, basically got the camera for ~$115. Unfortunately the quick dial on the front is very finicky, so I asked for a return (ebay, it was advertised as mint condition). But I'm loving it so much I don't want to send it back... I'm torn. I do like that dial but I'm not sure I really need it. I'll probably think about it for a few more days. I'm sure the seller would be happy if I kept it! haha

These are camera jpegs; the B&W are with the bold monochrome setting on the camera, which as far as I can tell can only be accessed through that quick dial (vs a normal jpeg profile in the menu). I did make a Lightroom preset that mimics this look so I can use it even if that dial stops working completely.

IMGP8797 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP8828 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP8852 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP8654 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP8671 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP8696 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

KankRat, kcphotogeek and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatkcphotogeekgroverGideon Liddiard Photographylil ie

Few shots rom last weekend on the Lumix G9 w/25mm F1.7, no specific theme pretty eclectic as far as subjects or type of shots go

Uploaded files:
  • G9_MKT_041424-003.jpg
  • G9_MKT_041424-006.jpg
  • G9_MKT_041424-007.jpg
  • G9_MKT_041424-047.jpg
KankRat, JBP and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatJBPgroverlil ie
Kieran
Quote from kcphotogeek on April 20, 2024, 11:17 am

Few shots rom last weekend on the Lumix G9 w/25mm F1.7, no specific theme pretty eclectic as far as subjects or type of shots go

These are all amazing as always. The last one is my favorite. So much depth and detail without seeming too busy. One of those "I feel like I'm there" shots. Love it.

Here are some with my K-3iii. First with DA*300, then with 50mm classic.

20240414-IMGP1228-DNG by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

20240414-IMGP1192-DNG by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

20240414-IMGP1244-DNG-4 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

20240414-IMGP1257-DNG by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP1335 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP1350 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP1415 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

KankRat, kcphotogeek and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatkcphotogeekgroverlil ie

It's been a while as illness has knocked me sideways for the last few weeks, so this is a bit of a catch-up with a few random ones.

KankRat, kcphotogeek and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatkcphotogeekJBPgrover

The bird migration has finally arrived. Osprey here too are pairing up and nesting. Some warblers and native wildflowers are in bloom.

Osprey. Yellow-rumped warbler, Ruby-crowned kinglet female and male. 

Uploaded files:
  • DSC_5776-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
  • DSC_5806-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
  • DSC_5740-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
  • DSC_5751-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
JBP, grover and Gideon Liddiard Photography have reacted to this post.
JBPgroverGideon Liddiard Photography

I think the white one is a trout lily and the blue one Siberian squill.

Uploaded files:
  • DSC4353-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME-2.jpg
  • DSC4330-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
kcphotogeek, JBP and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
kcphotogeekJBPgroverGideon Liddiard Photography

Birds were with D7200 200-500.  The warblers really challenging. 

The flowers D810 with 60 2.8 D micro.  

Gideon Liddiard Photography has reacted to this post.
Gideon Liddiard Photography
PreviousPage 2 of 4Next