Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your April Photos (2023)

PreviousPage 5 of 5
Quote from SpruceBruce on May 2, 2023, 9:55 pm
Quote from KankRat on May 2, 2023, 5:22 pm

I am digging this macro thing.  This guy is tiny. less than 1cm.  Used my D7200, 100mm tokina and the raynox 250. SB800 flash with a  cheap diffuser.  I want to get a better one.

I'm in the same club! I'm debating the DIY route or buying a nice one like the AK.  Just wait until everything is in full bloom in the summer! It's my favorite genre of photography now.

You have the Olympus 60mm?

Quote from James Warner on May 2, 2023, 5:56 pm
Quote from KankRat on May 2, 2023, 5:22 pm

I am digging this macro thing.  This guy is tiny. less than 1cm.  Used my D7200, 100mm tokina and the raynox 250. SB800 flash with a  cheap diffuser.  I want to get a better one.

That's awesome! I've never gotten a good shot of a spider before.

Thanks.  I want to get it even better.  I need to learn to stack.

That's a jumping spider. Phidepus Audax the bold jumping spider.  They are so cool.  I have him in a jar in front of me - eating a baby cricket.

Very challenging to photo.  I'm glad this isn't film.

You guys ever watch this channel?  I love this guys' work.

He's a Pentax guy too.

Quote from KankRat on May 2, 2023, 11:10 pm

You guys ever watch this channel?  I love this guys' work.

He's a Pentax guy too.

I do! I really like his work with the Pentax DA 10-17.

I don't have the Olympus 60mm.  I only have the Laowa 50mm 2X and TTArtisan 40mm F2.8.  The Laowa is amazing. Both are very cheap and super good glass, especially the Laowa 50mm.  That's the fun of macro.  It's very budget friendly, and DIY rig setups.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Quote from SpruceBruce on April 27, 2023, 6:16 pm

Hi Everyone!
Haven't posted in a while, recently picked up the Samsung GX-1L aka a Pentax K mount DSLR (*ist DL2) in disguise!. Took it on a work trip to LAX, and got out to shoot the Santa Monica Pier vibe! Shot on the 18-55 Kit Lens and Hanimex 135mm F2.8 in K Mount
 Chevy! by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Ferris Wheel 🎡 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr
 Santa Monica Pier Colors! by Bruce Foster, on Flickr
 PierBurger by Bruce Foster, on Flickr
 Churro Stand by Bruce Foster, on Flickr
 Chevy Pier by Bruce Foster, on Flickr
 Chevy by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

These are beautiful! I'm about a mile away from the pier, guess I should get down there with my camera again! Haha. Love these shots, you've really captured the energy, the feeling, and the amazing light that we get here!

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
PreviousPage 5 of 5