Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your April Photos (2023)

PreviousPage 3 of 5Next
Quote from JBP on April 19, 2023, 2:29 pm
Quote from James Warner on April 19, 2023, 11:22 am
Quote from JBP on April 19, 2023, 1:45 am
Quote from James Warner on April 19, 2023, 1:33 am

Here's a few with my Pentax K-3III and Sigma 50-500mm "Bigma" I picked up a few weeks ago for a good deal (thanks for the tip, @jbp)

I don't think I'll keep it, but for the price I paid for it I think it works quite well!

I love that blackbird photo! They strike such dramatic poses, don't they? 🙂 I have heard that the Bigma's IQ can vary from copy to copy. I'm not sure if that's true. You got some great shots out of yours despite not having the IQ you're used to (relative to the DA*300). 🙂

I really do think it's my conditioning towards the DA* 300mm that is throwing me off. I think for a budget 50-500 (wow!) lens, it performs very well. Especially at F8 and beyond. I'm just too used to my prime which happens to be probably the nicest lens I've used to date. Still.

I will probably try the Pentax 150-450 at some point. My hope is that for the 4x extra cost that it would be quite a bit sharper. If it's not that much better, than I would say this is probably the Pentax super zoom to get.

I know what you mean. The 300mm has me wanting to use primes more in general. Again just anecdotally but the 150-450 seems pretty consistent copy-to-copy and doesn't seem to lose sharpness at the long end. I'd love to see it compared to the Tamron 150-600. Both at 450 and then the 450 cropped to 600 vs the Tamron uncropped. We feel like we're missing out on wildlife lens options in K mount but who knows, maybe the 450 is a superstar and we're not missing out after all. I never thought of myself as an optimist but maybe I am... 🤣

Every Pentaxian is an optimist, there's no other way 🤣

SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂

Here's a few with my Pentax K-3III and Sigma 50-500mm "Bigma" I picked up a few weeks ago for a good deal (thanks for the tip, @jbp)

I don't think I'll keep it, but for the price I paid for it I think it works quite well!

Dang! That "Bigma"'s got some real reach! Is it autofocus?

SpruceBruce and Daniel Gonzalez have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceDaniel Gonzalez
Ever striving for minimum competency
Quote from James Warner on April 19, 2023, 1:31 am
Quote from Gideon Liddiard Photography on April 16, 2023, 11:46 am

Many thanks, the lens is an odd-ball, as these were shot using a Lensbaby Muse (paired with a Nikon D7000), a cheap way of playing around with tilt and shift (and rather a pain to use), but the soft nature of the optics suits some subjects and editing styles. Seemed to be a good match with the subject in this case.

That's a lens I've wanted to try for years! For some reason I've never picked it up. I think the idea of lensbaby lenses are very fun. I made my own sort using a hacked off minolta lens and a bike tube. It actually worked pretty well, just fiddly to use.

Then for their bokeh shape lens I made my own shape cutouts using black card stock. That was a lot of fun too.

It was very much an impulse purchase, it popped up on MPB for around £50 and I couldn't resist, way cheaper than a dedicated TS lens and a lot of fun to mess around with.

Quote from Justin Tung on April 20, 2023, 2:35 am

Dang! That "Bigma"'s got some real reach! Is it autofocus?

Yep! It's heavy and quite long all the way zoomed in to 500mm. I personally think 50-500 is a bit of a silly range for one lens, but I suppose if you want a 10x zoom on full frame... now you have one xD

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

This week has been wild.

IMGP2660 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

One pic taken with my new 21mm limited 3.2 silver.

James Warner, SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceJBP
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo

Aurora Borealis last night!

Pentax K-3 III + Rokinon 16mm F2

Fujifilm X-T1 + 7Artisans 25mm f0.95

Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruceDaniel GonzalezdenniscrommettJBPDavid MaynardDeleted user
Happy snappin' 🙂

I have had a blast in the pitlane so let me add some pics here:

IMGP2252 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

IMGP9951 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

IMGP2066 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

IMGP2107 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

IMGP2197 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

IMGP2329 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

IMGP4876 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

IMGP9885 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

BR

SpruceBruce, JBP and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBPDeleted userGideon Liddiard Photography
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo
Quote from Cory Maben on April 27, 2023, 1:38 am

New camera, who dis? -Took my new (to me) a7riii out for the first time last night

Edit: Apparently I cannot figure out how to embed photos from flickr and I can't delete this post, but know that I got some pictures.

Aw man, lol. I want to see them.

When you hit the share button on the Flickr image it's the BBcode you want. You can paste that in those post and it'll pick it up.

SpruceBruce, Daniel Gonzalez and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceDaniel GonzalezJBPDeleted user
Happy snappin' 🙂

Hi Everyone!
Haven't posted in a while, recently picked up the Samsung GX-1L aka a Pentax K mount DSLR (*ist DL2) in disguise!. Took it on a work trip to LAX, and got out to shoot the Santa Monica Pier vibe! Shot on the 18-55 Kit Lens and Hanimex 135mm F2.8 in K Mount
 Chevy! by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

Ferris Wheel 🎡 by Bruce Foster, on Flickr
 Santa Monica Pier Colors! by Bruce Foster, on Flickr
 PierBurger by Bruce Foster, on Flickr
 Churro Stand by Bruce Foster, on Flickr
 Chevy Pier by Bruce Foster, on Flickr
 Chevy by Bruce Foster, on Flickr

James Warner, Daniel Gonzalez and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerDaniel GonzalezJBPDavid MaynardDeleted userGideon Liddiard Photography
Quote from Cory Maben on April 27, 2023, 1:38 am

New camera, who dis? -Took my new (to me) a7riii out for the first time last night

DSC00137 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

DSC00133 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

DSC00120 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

DSC00118 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

DSC00081 by Cory Maben, on Flickr

Edit: Apparently I cannot figure out how to embed photos from flickr and I can't delete this post, but know that I got some pictures.

Edit(2): Thanks! @james-warner-b

Really like the negative space in the Ace Hardware shot!

@red5isalive spectacular work as usual!

PreviousPage 3 of 5Next