Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your April photos! (2022)

PreviousPage 6 of 7Next
Quote from denniscrommett on April 20, 2022, 2:38 am
Quote from JBP on April 20, 2022, 12:02 am

I love that photography makes me look for the beauty in everything, everywhere. It starts to change the way you look at the world even when you aren't photographing. I think for that reason alone it is more than a hobby. As Snappy said in one of his videos, it's good for the soul. 🙂

Perfectly said, I totally agree @jbp! (and @james-warner-b!) And those are great photos! Herons are so cool. Occasionally one will land in our back yard on its way to wherever it's headed. They're such dinosaurs.

Thank you. And they really are dinosaurs! 🤣 I'm always thrilled to see them. 🙂

Quote from kcphotogeek on April 20, 2022, 8:14 am

Haven't been able to get out as much as last month due to work and getting ready to move house. But Lee Haze's competition gave me something to aim for, I sent the pic below. I agreed with Lee's choice for the best shot, I thought JBP's shot was also excellent.

The below was taken with the Pentax MX-1

Love that shot! The leading lines are great. That was a fun competition. And thanks! It is tough for me to choose a favorite but I think I'd have to agree, the one he chose is so great. She captured the moment at exactly the right time and there was so much emotion in the shot. I loved that it was all people, no background or distracting elements, just the emotion of the moment on everyone's faces. Really great. I should post my thoughts on it on the video, forgot to do that. hah 🙂

SpruceBruce and kcphotogeek have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeek

Took a stop by the cattle pasture at the local non profit farm, tried out my KP & 55-300PLM in low light.  Works fine for larger mammals at least!

Uploaded files:
  • 865B5F70-05A6-4A99-816C-BBC7EE2CCD65.jpeg
  • 20D72A6C-2096-49B3-9F1E-0A2FBE725500.jpeg
  • 01AB3960-2B36-4C34-89CB-D3CC3BB8937C.jpeg
Justin Tung, Gawad and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungGawaddenniscrommettkcphotogeekJBP

Good morning! Here are a couple photos from the public rec fields near me, on my way to work this morning. These were taken with my new (used, of course) Ricoh GR II. After recently having a GR, selling it (then regretting that), I am so happy to have a GR in my life again. There's no denying it: it really does fit in a pocket, which means I will take more photos, which makes me happy. So, yeah.

Also: I processed these two 100% in-camera -- something I'd like to do more. I know there's been some discussion of the merits of that here. I'd love to hear more about your in-camera processing thoughts. For these, I didn't even use the much-loved Positive Film on the GR -- just some normal adjustments and then transferred them to my phone, using the adapter that you, @james-warner-b, recommended in your original GR video (which is a classic!).

Anyway, on to the photos, and looking forward to taking more this weekend, when I'm heading to a couple minor league baseball games here in MA.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_2924-2000w.jpg
  • IMG_2925-2000h.jpg
SpruceBruce, kcphotogeek and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBP
Quote from SpruceBruce on April 25, 2022, 5:59 am

Took a stop by the cattle pasture at the local non profit farm, tried out my KP & 55-300PLM in low light.  Works fine for larger mammals at least!

Did a double take thinking the middle one was wearing a mask. 🤣 I like the contrast in that one.

Quote from denniscrommett on April 27, 2022, 12:48 pm

Good morning! Here are a couple photos from the public rec fields near me, on my way to work this morning. These were taken with my new (used, of course) Ricoh GR II. After recently having a GR, selling it (then regretting that), I am so happy to have a GR in my life again. There's no denying it: it really does fit in a pocket, which means I will take more photos, which makes me happy. So, yeah.

Also: I processed these two 100% in-camera -- something I'd like to do more. I know there's been some discussion of the merits of that here. I'd love to hear more about your in-camera processing thoughts. For these, I didn't even use the much-loved Positive Film on the GR -- just some normal adjustments and then transferred them to my phone, using the adapter that you, @james-warner-b, recommended in your original GR video (which is a classic!).

Anyway, on to the photos, and looking forward to taking more this weekend, when I'm heading to a couple minor league baseball games here in MA.

Congrats on your GR! The light/shadows in those shots is nice. A camera that fits in the pocket is high on cool factor. 😎

SpruceBruce, denniscrommett and kcphotogeek have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommettkcphotogeek
Quote from denniscrommett on April 27, 2022, 12:48 pm

I really like the shadows in those shots. Great muted colors too.

Been a crazy month, and about to get crazier (hopefully in good ways too 🙂 ) So, sorry if you don't hear from me as often. Hold up the fort, would ya? Always gets a little busy around the summer time.

Here's some from the last few days:

Pentax K-3 III

Barred Owl Sunrise by Snappiness, on Flickr

Duck by Snappiness, on Flickr

Ricoh GXR + 33mm module

Lightroom Export.jpg by Snappiness, on Flickr

Lightroom Export-2.jpg by Snappiness, on Flickr

Justin Tung, Beau Carpenter and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucedenniscrommettJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂

Pentax KP & some swallows/warblers/wood ducks at Fort Snelling State Park taken with 55-300 PLM.  Definitely an improvement over my old 50-200mm Kit In the autofocus dept.  I’ve got to practice more.  There’s a piebald deer, that frequents the banks of the river/lake there, hopefully I’ll be able to get a decent photo soon to share.

Uploaded files:
  • FEC6B4B0-84CD-4971-8449-7DDB6A3B746A.jpeg
  • 4ED713FA-72F9-4764-928E-7CAB769098BA.jpeg
  • A9F48A14-7CF5-431F-A829-60F58239115C.jpeg
  • 50D2C22C-61DC-406D-B64D-068E7B0DDBC6.jpeg
James Warner, denniscrommett and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerdenniscrommettkcphotogeekJBP

Great photos, everyone. It has been a bit crazy for me as well. I've managed to keep on snapping but haven't gotten around to processing, as often happens when time is short.

Here are some shots from the Erie Zoo in Pennsylvania from a couple weekends ago. I brought my K-3, 18-135, and 55-300 PLM.What a great 2 lens walkabout, all-weather setup that is. If I had to choose one it would be the 18-135, but the reach of the 300 was welcome more than once.

This is the light for the train around the zoo, which was the best kiddo train ride I've been on. It crossed the river a few times, offering great views (see next photo).
 IMGP0642 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP0558 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

I had fun photographing him through the limbs.
 IMGP0496 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

Finally got to do some architecture photography!
 IMGP0480 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

James Warner, Justin Tung and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungSpruceBrucedenniscrommett

I figure I'll knock out my remaining April photos while I have a moment. Sorry to spam!

This one is from the same day we went to the zoo. Where are his feet?!
 IMGP0721 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

These are with my K10D and 18-135mm. Of all the lens/camera combinations I've tried, I think this may be my favorite. The 18-135 makes the K10D feel like a much newer camera than it is, and I absolutely love the results (and the versatility of the lens).

IMGP5125 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5197 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

This landscape is from a bike ride on a trail nearby. We're lucky to have a ton of great bike trails all within 1 hr of us here.
 IMGP0897 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

The last one I haven't uploaded to Flickr because you can see my daughter, but I really wanted to share it here. It's a bike ride action shot in her baby chariot. I make my wife tow her because she has the electric bike.🤣

PS: I took this with my camera on the Peak Design capture clip. James is right, it really is secure on there even on bike rides! Totally worth it for quick camera access during that kind of thing. I like to put it on my shoulder bag strap when on foot, less straps to manage that way, and less flopping around vs a neck strap.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP0945-2.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucedenniscrommett

Here are a few photos from this past weekend (when it was still April!), when my wife and I went to a couple minor league baseball games in Worcester, MA (my chosen birthday activity). During the game, they honored a few veterans, which was really awesome; that's the black and white photo below. I also stopped at a pizza place I've driven by for years; I love an old-school pizza place, and this was just that, down to the faded sports memorabilia and ads promoting gyros on the wall. All taken with my new-to-me Ricoh GR II. (Man I've missed having a GR.)

Also, such great photos everyone! @jbp, that white flower on that insane blue sky is so great; I keep contemplating a K10D, and that might help tip the scales.

Uploaded files:
  • polarpark-3.jpg
  • polarpark-5.jpg
  • polarpark-6.jpg
  • techpizza-3.jpg
  • techpizza-4.jpg
Beau Carpenter and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruce
Quote from JBP on May 3, 2022, 3:29 pm

I figure I'll knock out my remaining April photos while I have a moment. Sorry to spam!

This one is from the same day we went to the zoo. Where are his feet?!
 IMGP0721 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

These are with my K10D and 18-135mm. Of all the lens/camera combinations I've tried, I think this may be my favorite. The 18-135 makes the K10D feel like a much newer camera than it is, and I absolutely love the results (and the versatility of the lens).

IMGP5125 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5197 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

This landscape is from a bike ride on a trail nearby. We're lucky to have a ton of great bike trails all within 1 hr of us here.
 IMGP0897 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

The last one I haven't uploaded to Flickr because you can see my daughter, but I really wanted to share it here. It's a bike ride action shot in her baby chariot. I make my wife tow her because she has the electric bike.🤣

PS: I took this with my camera on the Peak Design capture clip. James is right, it really is secure on there even on bike rides! Totally worth it for quick camera access during that kind of thing. I like to put it on my shoulder bag strap when on foot, less straps to manage that way, and less flopping around vs a neck strap.

Awesome action shot with the bike! Glad that clip is treating you well. Perfect application for it 🙂 Sneaking in some photography while remaining light and able to grab a kid from running in front of a bike at a moments notice 🙂

Quote from denniscrommett on May 4, 2022, 3:04 am

Here are a few photos from this past weekend (when it was still April!), when my wife and I went to a couple minor league baseball games in Worcester, MA (my chosen birthday activity). During the game, they honored a few veterans, which was really awesome; that's the black and white photo below. I also stopped at a pizza place I've driven by for years; I love an old-school pizza place, and this was just that, down to the faded sports memorabilia and ads promoting gyros on the wall. All taken with my new-to-me Ricoh GR II. (Man I've missed having a GR.)

Also, such great photos everyone! @jbp, that white flower on that insane blue sky is so great; I keep contemplating a K10D, and that might help tip the scales.

Minor league baseball games are so fun! I don't follow any sports really, but it's just so relaxed and everyone is having a good time. Family friendly too for our kiddos. Classic American experience. I need to go to one this summer, it's been a while 🙂

denniscrommett has reacted to this post.
denniscrommett
Happy snappin' 🙂
PreviousPage 6 of 7Next