Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your April photos! (2022)

PreviousPage 4 of 7Next
Quote from James Warner on April 12, 2022, 1:25 am
Quote from red5isalive on April 11, 2022, 7:06 pm

One last shot by now

_IMG5571 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

I know it is not 100% on focus because I was manualy focusing and I just missed focus by a little bit. But I like the moment anyways.

No kidding, nice shot! The others from the races look great too. Cool to see some more classic cars.

@SpruceBruce awesome aurora shot. Still on my bucketlist of shots to take 🙂

@jbp Fun that you both like photography and can do that together. My wife enjoys doing it with me sometimes, and I really think she has a good eye too. I don't doubt that Olympus macro is good. I still just have my 20mm Panasonic lens but that alone has won me over to the M43 system, lol.

@kankrat Cool gardens, nice wildlife, and great self-portrait! 🙂 It's funny because I forget that all of you have seen my face, but I don't get to see y'alls faces. I just assume no one knows what I look like and then I remember... lol

Thank you James 🙂

Actually the last one was shoot with a K3-II and a Sigma 17-50mm lens if I am not mistaken.
To be honest speaking about the Canon 7D + Sigma 100-300mm f4 I am not confident on that combo. It works as it wants and it is not the fast AF lens I remember on Pentax mount. And the 7D isn't as fast shooter as a K3-II. I thought it would. But it doesn't.

I am then thinking on what to do. I just met a guy using Olympus during this last race and he only speaks great things about the system.

My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo
Quote from James Warner on April 8, 2022, 1:31 pm
Quote from denniscrommett on April 7, 2022, 3:07 am

Wow, really beautiful stuff everyone! @piersonm4l, wow that photo of the bird on that fence is so great, I love the blue of it (I'm always trying to get more blue in my photos/make them more blue!). Speaking of birds, here are a few photos of my walk to the bird blind (aka wildlife blind) at a place called Fitzgerald Lake near me here in Western MA. Shot with the Fuji X100F. Let's take a walk:

Beautiful woodland. Very different flora than we have here in Texas 🙂 I miss pine needle carpets.

Quote from Justin Tung on April 7, 2022, 6:41 am

Trying a new DSLR(mirrorless) scanning rig, and I was especially interested in how it would work for half-frame, which the Epson v600 is notoriously bad at. With a micro-nikkor and extension bellows though, I can push past 1:1 to a magnification reproduction ratio.

Soooo much sharper. For the first time I feel like the scanner isn't holding back what sort of images I can get from a half-frame shot. Love the corner swirl and lens character from the Mercury II too!

The trade-off, however is dust. Instead of just cleaning two glass scanner plates, It seems like there are so many places where dust gets trapped in the enlarger head I'm using as a holder/light source. It doesn't take much longer though, and I could see myself doing it in the future, if I can figure out how to keep the dust down.

I don't have the originals to see side-by-side, but those look really good! Are the white spots the dust or something else?

Quote from Beau Carpenter on April 7, 2022, 12:01 pm

Stumbled across this funny little scene this month 😅

Lol, that had me twisted up for a second for since of scale until my brain figured it out 😛 Hope you're doing well and taking good care of that family of yours 🙂

Here's some shots from the other day taken on my Sigma SD14 and a Vivitar 28mm f2.5 M42 lens. Getting much better results with the M42 glass, but I think in part because right as I was getting most frustrated and selling all my Sigma glass I realized that the autofocus was consistently off. Probably could have just manual focused it and gotten good results. But I think some of my M42 glass is actually quite a bit sharper too. There's great Sigma glass out there, but I don't think any of the ones I owned were known to be stellar.

Interesting how green everything turned out.

Spring Tree by Snappiness, on Flickr

Weird Little Tree by Snappiness, on Flickr

Green Woods by Snappiness, on Flickr

Leaves by Snappiness, on Flickr

Haha, yes it was a little trippy!

We are well, it's been a bit of a hectic first quarter 🤪

The little ones are growing up like usual

Uploaded files:
  • MG_6449.jpg
James Warner, KankRat and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerKankRatSpruceBruceDaniel GonzalezJBP

weekend up in New Hampshire

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP0380.jpg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceDaniel GonzalezGawaddenniscrommettJBP

Had a chance to take advantage of the nice weather after work with the family. 🙂

I got to exercise my 40mm XS a bit as well. I've learned one thing I dislike about it... lens changes are actually more difficult with a pancake, at times. The ol' "lens under the arm" trick just doesn't work with one. However, it fits in a pants pocket. Hard not to feel cool when you pull it out for a lens change, however awkward the transition may be. 🤣

IMGP9419 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP9418 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP9406 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP9283 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP9281 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceDaniel GonzalezHeggenDazsdenniscrommettkcphotogeekTSTS
Quote from JBP on April 13, 2022, 3:22 pm

Had a chance to take advantage of the nice weather after work with the family. 🙂

I got to exercise my 40mm XS a bit as well. I've learned one thing I dislike about it... lens changes are actually more difficult with a pancake, at times. The ol' "lens under the arm" trick just doesn't work with one. However, it fits in a pants pocket. Hard not to feel cool when you pull it out for a lens change, however awkward the transition may be. 🤣

I really like that black and white of the moon with the branches in focus!

Daniel Gonzalez and JBP have reacted to this post.
Daniel GonzalezJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from James Warner on April 14, 2022, 1:03 am
Quote from JBP on April 13, 2022, 3:22 pm

I really like that black and white of the moon with the branches in focus!

Thank you!

Daniel Gonzalez has reacted to this post.
Daniel Gonzalez

More yellow flowers. I found a used PLM for $317 (B&H), which I thought was a good deal (or at least I convinced myself it was a good deal). I've been using the 55-300 DA L so much I figured I may as well try it out, can always return it if it's not a huge improvement. I of course have buyer's remorse, as it's ~160% more than I've ever spent on a lens for myself, but I do think it's a keeper. It's fast and quiet, but what I love about it most is that it's sharp wide open, and at all focal lengths. Oh and weather sealing is always a great bonus. 🙂

I think the bokeh is quite nice on this lens, too!

IMGP9603 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

SpruceBruce, HeggenDazs and denniscrommett have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceHeggenDazsdenniscrommett

Working through a roll of Delta 100 through the MZ-S and the SMC A 35-105 F3.5.  Looking forward to sharing results from it in a near future thread.  Taken with the Minolta 7D/28mm F2.8

An old newspaper building in Belle Plaine MN and an abandoned printing press taken on my Fuji Finepix Pro S2

Uploaded files:
  • PICT4801.jpg
  • DSCF0025.jpg
  • DSCF0032.jpg
James Warner, Gawad and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerGawaddenniscrommettJBP

Some really good work here! My contribution from the last few days:

Uploaded files:
  • R005056.JPG
  • R005046.JPG
James Warner, SpruceBruce and denniscrommett have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBrucedenniscrommett
I ramble on sometimes about snap photography, photographic philosophy and equipment! Ye be warned.

Minolta 7D/28MMF2.8. Western MN near the North Dakota border.  Abandoned warehouses, mills, and a schoolhouse.  It snowed on Easter fittingly too, if the grain mill shots seem extra noisy.

Uploaded files:
  • PICT4830.jpg
  • PICT4828.jpg
  • PICT4838.jpg
  • PICT4814.jpg
  • PICT4837.jpg
James Warner and HeggenDazs have reacted to this post.
James WarnerHeggenDazs
PreviousPage 4 of 7Next