Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your April photos! (2022)

PreviousPage 3 of 7Next

Trumpeter Swans resting. Pining for the fjords.

Trumpeter Swans Resting by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

Tristan Carlos, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosSpruceBruceGawadJBP

A visit to Garfield Park Conservatory in Chicago. Quite nice place. I recommend it if you come to visit the city of big shoulders.

Used two lenses Tamron 17-50 2.8 and Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 on the D7200.  Mostly the latter.

Both of these lenses are very good. The Tampon was only $150 ish dollars in mint condition with box. The token I think was $225.

This trip made me want the Nikkor 16-80mm 2.8-4.

Garfield Park Conservatory by Mark Kasick, on Flick Garfield Park Conservatory by Mark Kasick, on Flickr Garfield Park Conservatory by Mark Kasick, on Flickr Garfield Park Conservatory by Mark Kasick, on Flickr Garfield Park Conservatory by Mark Kasick, on Flickr Garfield Park Conservatory by Mark Kasick, on Flick Garfield Park Conservatory by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

Selfie. I like this shot cause I don't look quite so fat. Note gigantic unnecessary camera bag.

Garfield Park Conservatory by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

agentlossing, Tristan Carlos and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
agentlossingTristan CarlosBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucedenniscrommettJBP
Quote from KankRat on April 10, 2022, 1:38 am

A visit to Garfield Park Conservatory in Chicago. Quite nice place. I recommend it if you come to visit the city of big shoulders.

Used two lenses Tamron 17-50 2.8 and Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 on the D7200.  Mostly the latter.

Both of these lenses are very good. The Tampon was only $150 ish dollars in mint condition with box. The token I think was $225.

This trip made me want the Nikkor 16-80mm 2.8-4.

Garfield Park Conservatory by Mark Kasick, on Flick Garfield Park Conservatory by Mark Kasick, on Flickr Garfield Park Conservatory by Mark Kasick, on Flickr Garfield Park Conservatory by Mark Kasick, on Flickr Garfield Park Conservatory by Mark Kasick, on Flickr Garfield Park Conservatory by Mark Kasick, on Flick Garfield Park Conservatory by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

Selfie. I like this shot cause I don't look quite so fat. Note gigantic unnecessary camera bag.

Garfield Park Conservatory by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

@Kankrat beautiful conservatory.  Reminds me of the Como Zoo in St. Paul.  I'll have to road trip over to check it out.

Have been just frustrated with the Midwest continually getting colder and snowing on and off again, so my ambition to shoot isn't all there lately.  Although I did grab a small shot of the Aurora Borealis last night.  Olympus EM10 II 12-40F2.8

Uploaded files:
  • P4100063.jpg
James Warner, agentlossing and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarneragentlossingTristan CarlosGawaddenniscrommettJBP

Holy cow that's cool. I think I saw northern lights once in the UP.

Garfield Park is indeed cool. It's in a neighborhood that might freak some people out. You don't have to go real far from it to find housing prices and rent that I am not sure how people can afford. I've been going there for years without an issue

. Lincoln Park Conservatory is also beautiful, you are only likely to get robbed by the parking meter. Lincoln Park Zoo is right there also and so is Peggy Notebaert nature museum.  The latter intended mostly for kids but...they have an AWESOME butterfly house, if you go there on a sunny day the lighting is amazing. I saw Billy Corgan - the Smashing Pumpkins guy in there once.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

Made it out for a short hike this weekend. My wife was using her new Macro lens (Olympus M. Zuiko 60mm f/2.8, which is ridiculously good) and I was using my old 55-300 DA-L again. All these photos are with the DA-L. I've been using that lens a lot because I don't want to miss any wildlife, and often there are birds upon arrival that soon fly away, so it's mounted from the start. I have been yearning to use my Helios again and also do some macro stuff, but it's just easier with a kid on your back to stick with the lens you have on. But I've found that 55-300 is a hugely versatile range so I get a nice range of photos from a trip.

This vulture was first shot of the day, and while editing I found black and white looked quite nice for him. That set the tone I guess, because all my edits after ended up black and white as well! 😆

IMGP9173 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP9194 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP9196 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

My wife pointed out this subject and composition for me. She has so much talent - I wish we had gotten her into photography sooner. I feel like I was terrible for a solid decade and a half and here she is out of the gate making great photographs.
 IMGP9207 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP9222 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP9228 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP9242 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

denniscrommett has reacted to this post.
denniscrommett

Hi guys,

Spring is here and racing has also arrived!

I would like to share some pictures of a revival event we have had localy here at Barcelona 2 weekends ago.

_IMG4489 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

IMG_7746 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

IMG_7688 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

IMG_8062 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

IMG_8112 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Those are some classic F1 cars from the 70's and 80's.

Beau Carpenter, kcphotogeek and JBP have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterkcphotogeekJBP
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo

In that same event there were other kind of classic cars

IMG_9457 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

IMG_9008 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

IMG_8800 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

IMG_8657 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

IMG_7595 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

IMG_7584 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

kcphotogeek and JBP have reacted to this post.
kcphotogeekJBP

As explained before: It's Spring. And Spring mean Races all over 😛

So last week-end I was also shooting. This time in Motorland Aragon during the WSBK event.

In those pasts 2 events I have been testing my "new" Canon 7D + Sigma 100-300mm f4 lens (and it seem it's not really a great combination :-S). I was also using a Canon 28mm f2.8 and the Pentax K3-II + Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 and Pentax DA* 50-135mm f2.8

Some pictures taken there:

IMG_2323 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

IMG_1881 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

The battle for the lead was great in between 3 riders
 IMG_2114 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

IMG_1802 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

IMG_2039 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG4768 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

IMG_2046 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

It was busy though 😛
 IMG_2087 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

I am now editing Sunday's images (those ones are Saturday ones).
Will try to pick up soon and upload to Flickr sometime soon.

One last shot by now

_IMG5571 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

I know it is not 100% on focus because I was manualy focusing and I just missed focus by a little bit. But I like the moment anyways.

James Warner and JBP have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJBP
Quote from red5isalive on April 11, 2022, 7:06 pm

One last shot by now

_IMG5571 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

I know it is not 100% on focus because I was manualy focusing and I just missed focus by a little bit. But I like the moment anyways.

No kidding, nice shot! The others from the races look great too. Cool to see some more classic cars.

@SpruceBruce awesome aurora shot. Still on my bucketlist of shots to take 🙂

@jbp Fun that you both like photography and can do that together. My wife enjoys doing it with me sometimes, and I really think she has a good eye too. I don't doubt that Olympus macro is good. I still just have my 20mm Panasonic lens but that alone has won me over to the M43 system, lol.

@kankrat Cool gardens, nice wildlife, and great self-portrait! 🙂 It's funny because I forget that all of you have seen my face, but I don't get to see y'alls faces. I just assume no one knows what I look like and then I remember... lol

Daniel Gonzalez and JBP have reacted to this post.
Daniel GonzalezJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂
PreviousPage 3 of 7Next