Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your April photos! (2022)

PreviousPage 2 of 7Next
Quote from James Warner on April 6, 2022, 1:19 pm

This one was trying to sleep when the sun peaked through some clouds πŸ˜‰

Goooood morning! by Snappiness, on Flickr

Owls are Beautiful and I appreciate your photos a ton! I need to find out where I can go around Seattle to see some in the early morning, hopefully barn owls.
Did get this Junco today, and though it's not as sharp as other photos I've gotten, I love the back-light and the sun flaring up the lens

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP8502_01.jpg
agentlossing, denniscrommett and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
agentlossingdenniscrommettJBPJackB

That's a beautiful shot. The flare is really nice, the backlighting on the bird outlining it's edges is nice, and most of all maybe the color combination of the darker blues and bright yellows is nice.

denniscrommett and Pierson Mason have reacted to this post.
denniscrommettPierson Mason
Happy snappin' πŸ™‚

Wow, really beautiful stuff everyone! @piersonm4l, wow that photo of the bird on that fence is so great, I love the blue of it (I'm always trying to get more blue in my photos/make them more blue!). Speaking of birds, here are a few photos of my walk to the bird blind (aka wildlife blind) at a place called Fitzgerald Lake near me here in Western MA. Shot with the Fuji X100F. Let's take a walk:

Uploaded files:
  • DSCF1417-1.jpg
  • DSCF1420-2.jpg
  • DSCF1435-3.jpg
  • DSCF1449-5.jpg
  • DSCF1455-6.jpg
James Warner, Tristan Carlos and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerTristan CarlosBeau CarpenterJBP

Trying a new DSLR(mirrorless) scanning rig, and I was especially interested in how it would work for half-frame, which the Epson v600 is notoriously bad at. With a micro-nikkor and extension bellows though, I can push past 1:1 to a magnification reproduction ratio.

Soooo much sharper. For the first time I feel like the scanner isn't holding back what sort of images I can get from a half-frame shot. Love the corner swirl and lens character from the Mercury II too!

The trade-off, however is dust. Instead of just cleaning two glass scanner plates, It seems like there are so many places where dust gets trapped in the enlarger head I'm using as a holder/light source. It doesn't take much longer though, and I could see myself doing it in the future, if I can figure out how to keep the dust down.

James Warner, agentlossing and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarneragentlossingTristan Carlosdenniscrommett
Ever striving for minimum competency

Stumbled across this funny little scene this month πŸ˜…

Uploaded files:
  • AF1D8886-2530-407A-ADA1-1B767840D959.jpeg
Tristan Carlos, Justin Tung and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosJustin TungdenniscrommettkcphotogeekJBPJackB
Quote from denniscrommett on April 7, 2022, 3:07 am

Wow, really beautiful stuff everyone! @piersonm4l, wow that photo of the bird on that fence is so great, I love the blue of it (I'm always trying to get more blue in my photos/make them more blue!). Speaking of birds, here are a few photos of my walk to the bird blind (aka wildlife blind) at a place called Fitzgerald Lake near me here in Western MA. Shot with the Fuji X100F. Let's take a walk:

Beautiful woodland. Very different flora than we have here in Texas πŸ™‚ I miss pine needle carpets.

Quote from Justin Tung on April 7, 2022, 6:41 am

Trying a new DSLR(mirrorless) scanning rig, and I was especially interested in how it would work for half-frame, which the Epson v600 is notoriously bad at. With a micro-nikkor and extension bellows though, I can push past 1:1 to a magnification reproduction ratio.

Soooo much sharper. For the first time I feel like the scanner isn't holding back what sort of images I can get from a half-frame shot. Love the corner swirl and lens character from the Mercury II too!

The trade-off, however is dust. Instead of just cleaning two glass scanner plates, It seems like there are so many places where dust gets trapped in the enlarger head I'm using as a holder/light source. It doesn't take much longer though, and I could see myself doing it in the future, if I can figure out how to keep the dust down.

I don't have the originals to see side-by-side, but those look really good! Are the white spots the dust or something else?

Quote from Beau Carpenter on April 7, 2022, 12:01 pm

Lol, that had me twisted up for a second for since of scale until my brain figured it out πŸ˜› Hope you're doing well and taking good care of that family of yours πŸ™‚

Here's some shots from the other day taken on my Sigma SD14 and a Vivitar 28mm f2.5 M42 lens. Getting much better results with the M42 glass, but I think in part because right as I was getting most frustrated and selling all my Sigma glass I realized that the autofocus was consistently off. Probably could have just manual focused it and gotten good results. But I think some of my M42 glass is actually quite a bit sharper too. There's great Sigma glass out there, but I don't think any of the ones I owned were known to be stellar.

Interesting how green everything turned out.

Spring Tree by Snappiness, on Flickr

Weird Little Tree by Snappiness, on Flickr

Green Woods by Snappiness, on Flickr

Leaves by Snappiness, on Flickr

Tristan Carlos, KankRat and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosKankRatBeau CarpenterdenniscrommettJBP
Happy snappin' πŸ™‚

Nothing special but it's the only one that I have at this point :/

Pentax ist D + 21mm 3.2 HD limited

IMGP3029_1 by Tristan Carlos, on Flickr

James Warner, denniscrommett and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerdenniscrommettJBPPierson Mason
Quote from James Warner on April 8, 2022, 1:31 pm

Beautiful woodland. Very different flora than we have here in Texas πŸ™‚ I miss pine needle carpets.

I don't have the originals to see side-by-side, but those look really good! Are the white spots the dust or something else?

Lol, that had me twisted up for a second for since of scale until my brain figured it out πŸ˜› Hope you're doing well and taking good care of that family of yours πŸ™‚

Here's some shots from the other day taken on my Sigma SD14 and a Vivitar 28mm f2.5 M42 lens. Getting much better results with the M42 glass, but I think in part because right as I was getting most frustrated and selling all my Sigma glass I realized that the autofocus was consistently off. Probably could have just manual focused it and gotten good results. But I think some of my M42 glass is actually quite a bit sharper too. There's great Sigma glass out there, but I don't think any of the ones I owned were known to be stellar.

Yup. It's one dusty enlarger lol

Ever striving for minimum competency

They make thing for reducing static on vinyl records. Β It's called a Zerostat. Β Wonder if that would help.

Quote from James Warner on April 8, 2022, 1:31 pm

Those look really nice. Β Are the Vivitar M42s any good on the K1?

PreviousPage 2 of 7Next