Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share your April photos! (2022)

Page 1 of 7Next

Happy April everyone! Hope it will be a good one for you, whatever that means in your life right now.

Here's a few shots from this morning. Got lucky finding two owls on my bike ride and I chased them around for a while 🙂

All on K-3 III with DA* 300mm F4

This one at ISO 25600 :O

Barred owl by Snappiness, on Flickr

Eating breakfast

Barred Owl Breakfast by Snappiness, on Flickr

Colorful portrait. It actually stayed out when the sun came out so way more color to work with!

Barred Owl at Sunrise by Snappiness, on Flickr

Both together briefly

Lightroom Export.jpg by Snappiness, on Flickr

agentlossing, Tristan Carlos and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
agentlossingTristan CarlosBeau CarpenterHeggenDazsdenniscrommettkcphotogeekTSTSJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂

Hi everyone. Couple of sunset photos from Manila Bay taken with the Pentax K-70 with the 55-300mm PLM, love the opportunities this combination gives me. For WWII history folks you can see the Mount Samat Cross dedicated to those who lost their live in the Battle of Bata'an in one of these photos

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP6923-Edit.jpg
  • IMGP6926-Edit.jpg
James Warner, Tristan Carlos and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerTristan CarlosBeau CarpenterHeggenDazsdenniscrommettTSTSJBPPierson MasonJackB
Kieran
Quote from kcphotogeek on April 3, 2022, 8:33 am

Hi everyone. Couple of sunset photos from Manila Bay taken with the Pentax K-70 with the 55-300mm PLM, love the opportunities this combination gives me. For WWII history folks you can see the Mount Samat Cross dedicated to those who lost their live in the Battle of Bata'an in one of these photos

Those photographs are stunning. I didn't notice the cross at first, but now I can even see it in the second photo with the sun directly behind it - wow! The K-70 + PLM seems like a really great combo.

kcphotogeek has reacted to this post.
kcphotogeek

Had a great outing yesterday at a local reservoir/state park. A couple birds of prey were circling above and at times were extremely close. In my excitement I forgot to think about what I was doing, so not many shots came out. Most were in focus, surprisingly, but almost all of them were very underexposed, and not many survived the necessary exposure increase in Lightroom. Still, a couple did turn out well and I'm pleased with the results! All around a great way to start April for me. 🙂

In this one I actually boosted the exposure by 3 stops (!!) in Lightroom. Somehow it fared well with this when others did not.

IMGP8930 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

It may seem I've done a trick with a Pentax camera focusing through the branches, but really he was in focus beforehand and I laid off the AF button when he went behind the branches.
 IMGP9007 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

A consequence of a popular fishing spot. There are hooks, lines, and bobbers high up in the trees throughout this area.
 IMGP8872 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

A great spot for a rest, or a portrait.
 IMGP9023 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

The sunlight and low trajectory of these geese made it easy to expose them properly. The wind vane in the photo is a happy little accident!
 IMGP9029 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

This old tree is amazing. I will have to get a good photo of it in all its glory someday. The building the wind vane is on is in the background.
 IMGP9046 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

My wife using her new-to-her Olympus EM10II. 🙂
 IMGP9107 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

James Warner, Tristan Carlos and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerTristan CarlosHeggenDazsdenniscrommettkcphotogeek

so much beautiful nature this month! So happy to see it.

denniscrommett has reacted to this post.
denniscrommett

Arches/Windows by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Trees and Clouds by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Nook by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Glowing by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Ansco by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

my latest edits and uploads from yesterday. Finally getting back into shooting outdoors. With a couple older pictures that I just got around to editing.

James Warner, Tristan Carlos and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerTristan CarlosSpruceBrucedenniscrommettkcphotogeekJBP

I love bird shots- Dark eyed junco is in our backyard, Wood duck and Red-Winged blackbird are at a local lake. I had no idea the wood ducks were around here o-o and then one couple perched right above me while I was taking pictures of a sparrow

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP8045.jpg
  • IMGP8110_01.jpg
  • IMGP8176_02.jpg
Tristan Carlos, denniscrommett and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosdenniscrommettkcphotogeekJBP
Quote from HeggenDazs on April 4, 2022, 2:47 pm

my latest edits and uploads from yesterday. Finally getting back into shooting outdoors. With a couple older pictures that I just got around to editing.

The third one with the sunset through the homes is really lovely. Makes me want to be there 🙂

I'm really happy with the way this one turned out. I exaggerated the light in post like I normally do, but the sun really had risen already which makes it unusual to spot these owls. This one was trying to sleep when the sun peaked through some clouds 😉

Goooood morning! by Snappiness, on Flickr

Tristan Carlos, HeggenDazs and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosHeggenDazsdenniscrommettJBPJackB
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Pierson Mason on April 4, 2022, 9:05 pm

I love bird shots- Dark eyed junco is in our backyard, Wood duck and Red-Winged blackbird are at a local lake. I had no idea the wood ducks were around here o-o and then one couple perched right above me while I was taking pictures of a sparrow

The composition of each one is just wonderful. I love the pose of the singing blackbird and how he's framed by the trees on either side. And I really like the junco on the heart-shaped perch with such a lovely bokeh in the background. The branch the duck is on going across the frame from bottom left to top right is very pleasing. Great photos!

Quote from James Warner on April 6, 2022, 1:19 pm
Quote from HeggenDazs on April 4, 2022, 2:47 pm

The third one with the sunset through the homes is really lovely. Makes me want to be there 🙂

I'm really happy with the way this one turned out. I exaggerated the light in post like I normally do, but the sun really had risen already which makes it unusual to spot these owls. This one was trying to sleep when the sun peaked through some clouds 😉

Goooood morning! by Snappiness, on Flickr

He's gotta keep one eye on you with that bazooka you keep pointing at him! lol

Quote from JBP on April 6, 2022, 2:11 pm

Great photos!

Thanks! 😀 Trying to think about composition more and more, but I think I can describe these as happy accidents

denniscrommett and JBP have reacted to this post.
denniscrommettJBP
Page 1 of 7Next