Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share you September Photos! (2022)

PreviousPage 7 of 9Next

Do you remember I was saying September is a month of Images for me?

Yet this week-end there have been more races here in Barcelona.

This time it was World SuperBikes or WSBK, and it is about motorbikes. (well, super motorbikes xD).

I recently have bought the Pentax HD 1.4x TC and wanted to test it out with my Sigma 100-300mm f4 mounted on my K3-II. BUT yesterday Olympus was borrowing cameras and lenses and so I went for it. They borrowed me an OM-1 with a 100-400mm lens and a 7-14mm fisheye lens. And to be honest that combo was great. Later on they had to pass "my" OM-1 to someone else and they borrowed me an EX-1 or similar name and this one camera I did not enjoyed it. I did like the OM-1 but not the second one.

And yet, some pictures I managed to create them with my K3 + Sigma 17-50mm

Like the following ones:

_IMG3515 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG3567 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG3623 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG3636 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG3743 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG3749 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG3753 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Now about the Olympus images

P1010024 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

You just saw a similar photo before

P1010036 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

P1010104 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

P1010154-2 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

P1010051 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

P1010215 (2) by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

P1010232 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

P1010411 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

P1010673 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

P1010769 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

P1010158 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

You can create terrible pictures with this machine and combo, and the AF is very quick. Yet the colour tones I am not super fan of them and the camera handles great in hand but the battery grip I did not liked it as much.

Yes it's a light combination, no doubt, way lighter than my regular set up, but to be honest when I used my K3-II and the 100-300mm f4 I felt home today. Yes, their picture on focus ratio is lower, it looses focus while on a burst and it can be a pain in the butt. But I don't know how to explain it.

Let me add some images taken with that combo next up

denniscrommett and EckyH have reacted to this post.
denniscrommettEckyH
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo

Now today's images taken only with my K3-II + Pentax HD 1.4x TC + Sigma 100-300mm F4 + ND filter

Those are unedited JPG's that came from the camera as if

_IMG6287 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG6356 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG6397 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Here some of the guys where sliding

_IMG6497 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

THIS one picture has been cropped ON camera (so technically it's not been edited, right? xD)

_IMG6610 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG6700 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

I love this photo. Maybe I can crop it.

I do love it because not only is a front shot taken at a speed of 1/125sec but because the rider is moving the front wheel while it's still on the air, it's like if he had some steering lock.

_IMG6817 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Just some clouds

_IMG6859 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Pole Seater

_IMG6878 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG6940 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

The start of the race

_IMG6965 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

And here exiting the corner they were managing the front wheel again on the air while accelerating, that was quite sick. Yes they are quite far from us but still, sick control!

_IMG7208 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG7146 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

SpruceBruce, kcphotogeek and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBPEckyH

Couple of shots taken with the Pentax K-5 w/18-135mm F3.5-5.6 yesterday got home just before the typhoon hit

Uploaded files:
  • untitled-1.jpg
  • untitled-45.jpg
  • untitled-49.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungGawaddenniscrommettJBPEckyH
Kieran

Did some astrophotography on a campout this weekend. Sky was perfect for it, but I was in charge of watching some youth so didn't wander too far to find better foreground elements.

Both on Pentax K-3 III and Rokinon 16mm f2

Normal single exposure with obligatory tent photo:

Camping under the stars! by Snappiness, on Flickr

5-minute astrotracer type 3 single exposure with annoying powerlines:

Astrotracer Type 3 with wide angle lens test by Snappiness, on Flickr

Justin Tung, Daniel Gonzalez and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungDaniel GonzalezdenniscrommettkcphotogeekJBPDavid MaynardEckyH
Happy snappin' 🙂

Beautiful pictures James

Quote from doughnut.on.a.stick on September 4, 2022, 9:39 pm

Hi everyone!
Here's a little update for you all. It's been a few months since I asked this forum about which camera I should buy since I was moving. It's been a while since I moved and I am getting more and more used to this place. I also got a camera to accompany me with this new chapter in life. While I was sold on the idea of buying a Pentax camera from your suggestions, I now own a Canon camera. Before I even made a post in this forum, I said to my friend that I was considering whether I should buy a Canon Eos 40d. To my complete surprise, him and everyone in my friend group joined together to buy me that camera as a gift. I now roam the streets to learn my surroundings and also take pictures along the way! Anyways, that was way too much talking, here's some of the pictures I took. I hope you all don't mind some edited jpegs!

I love these! The composition, the subject, the colors, I'm really digging it!

Quote from kcphotogeek on September 26, 2022, 1:12 pm

Couple of shots taken with the Pentax K-5 w/18-135mm F3.5-5.6 yesterday got home just before the typhoon hit

All your sets in the September thread have been so good! I don't do much street anymore, but it definitely makes me nostalgic for those days. Also as a Sony A7ii owner, I'm very impressed with the lowlight! Pushing to 6400 definitely gets messy noise, but moving from a Fuji X-E2, I found the recoverability of shadows to be such an improvement. Your results with the GH5 are definitely tempting though...

kcphotogeek has reacted to this post.
kcphotogeek
Ever striving for minimum competency
Quote from Justin Tung on September 26, 2022, 11:44 pm
Quote from kcphotogeek on September 26, 2022, 1:12 pm

All your sets in the September thread have been so good! I don't do much street anymore, but it definitely makes me nostalgic for those days. Also as a Sony A7ii owner, I'm very impressed with the lowlight! Pushing to 6400 definitely gets messy noise, but moving from a Fuji X-E2, I found the recoverability of shadows to be such an improvement. Your results with the GH5 are definitely tempting though...

Thanks Justin, the Sony definitely recovers shadows better but I found I could achieve lower ISOs as I could use brighter apertures on the GH5. At 3200 ISO the details being recovered are better than on the Sony A7 II though I'm not bashing the A7 II at all, I really enjoy shooting the vintage lenses and some of the results I got with the Minolta 55mm F1.8 and the Takumar 50mm F1.4 are my among my favourite shots of the year. However I enjoy video, timelapse and some of the other modes the GH5 has like miniature for example. It's great to have a camera that can achieve all this with minimal fuss.

You could absolutely achieve these things on a Sony A7 II (and many other cameras) with some accessories (which I bought) and a little extra effort, but I have so little time as it is, the possible gains in IQ aren't really worth it for me. For now I'll sell the A7 II and the Tamron lens (keeping the vintage lenses) and buy the Lumix 25mm F1.4 II. This would be mainly for the weather sealing (the half a stop extra light won't hurt either) I was concerned for my 25mm F1.7 (a great value fast & light lens) the other night the rain got so bad as I returned home I tucked my bag underneath my arm and ran American Football style down the street. I'm sure this was both an epic and glorious sight for the locals 🙂 What I'm still not sure is has a bag not described as weatherproof on Manfrottos site has survived multiple downpours now and remains undefeated, not even moist inside

I may get the 8-18mm F2.8-4.0 with the remaining cash from the sale as I don't own an aspherical ultra wide angle zoom in any mount/system. It will be Pentax and Lumix all the way from there, well and Ricoh for street, Fuji Instax for family occasions and I may sell my GX80 for an upgrade it to a Olympus EM5 III/EM1 II...my GAS is getting better honestly :0

Justin Tung has reacted to this post.
Justin Tung
Kieran

A little embarrassed to post this because of the crappy quality.But I shot this at like 5 am this morning , no detail but I did catch Jupiter and 4  moons handheld,

Uploaded files:
  • Hummer.jpg
Daniel Gonzalez, JBP and EckyH have reacted to this post.
Daniel GonzalezJBPEckyH
Quote from KankRat on September 28, 2022, 12:32 am

A little embarrassed to post this because of the crappy quality.But I shot this at like 5 am this morning , no detail but I did catch Jupiter and 4  moons handheld,

That's amazing! I have never tried to do that before.

Daniel Gonzalez has reacted to this post.
Daniel Gonzalez
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from James Warner on September 28, 2022, 2:31 am
Quote from KankRat on September 28, 2022, 12:32 am

That's amazing! I have never tried to do that before.

Get a better shot.

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/25/1124167790/jupiter-closest-earth-opposition-nasa

Edit: I tried again when I got to my work.  Less light pollution out there but it was close to 6am .  Jupiter had sunk into the horizon. While it looks amazing in person, my shots were all an orangish blob with no detail at all.  I am guessing atmospheric refraction.

PreviousPage 7 of 9Next