Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share you September Photos! (2022)

PreviousPage 6 of 9Next
Quote from kcphotogeek on September 18, 2022, 2:25 pm

Some photos from the last few days, celebrated 4yrs with my partner so we went out for dinner and a couple of days away. We went to a place called San Mateo just outside Metro Manila in the mountains so had some good views. Unfortunately I didn't get to go on any decent hike the trail they had was being used by motorbikes which was honestly dangerous as it wasn't designed for that purpose, the annoying thing is there are plenty of dirt bike tracks over here. That kind of thing is unfortunately an issue here. Didn't miss the Sony at all on this trip.

First photo taken with the Ricoh GR III, at ISO 3200 which according to some Pentaxians is unusable but I think it's fine. The next two with the Lumix GH5 w/12-60 F2.8-4.0, the 4th and 5th Pentax K-70 w/55-300mm PLM, I may as well just fuse that last combination together :0

Looks like a beautiful trip! I have the 55-300mm PLM and I didn't like it too much until I used for more landscape shots. It's really quite versatile that way. And of course you can use for wildlife, but I am spoiled by my 300mm f4 which is just another league for that. That 55-300mm makes a really nice hiking buddy. Great shots.

SpruceBruce and kcphotogeek have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeek
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from KankRat on September 18, 2022, 6:56 pm

The best of a really good H-bird session.

Incredible shot! Very very nice. All the stars have to align for a shot like that.

KankRat has reacted to this post.
KankRat
Happy snappin' 🙂

September is a Racing month for me.

It all started the first weekend of the month with my beloved 24 hours of Barcelona race.

That was great fun. Even if due to coming back from Holidays i have missed the first 4 hours of the event due to a flight delay.

Anyways when I got to the track the light was fading down and we found a great spot with beautiful light,

Let me introduce you to a hell of a beautiful light. In this capture I was willing to be "creative" showing also the fence hole where we are allowed to shoot

_IMG1658 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

This is a picture I do like quite a few

_IMG1667 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Then some clouds appeared to disturb us a little bit and create like a more dramatic scene

_IMG1695 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

And then in no chronological order some images I like

_IMG0260 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG1816 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG2125 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Anybody thinking of a Wish? xDD

_IMG2279 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

The next morning

_IMG2369 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Trying to play with the environment

_IMG2691 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

The only thing I can say is that Pitlane action is always fun

_IMG2771 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Please keep in mind I use two cameras, so the images shown until now were taken most likely with my K3 + Sigma 17-50mm and now Flickr shows me the ones taken with my K3-II and Sigma 100-300mm f4

_IMG7513 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

This front/lateral shot I quite like it due to being at 1/50th of a second

_IMG7568 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Did i ever told you about THE light we found? xDDD
Thanks to it we could even see the driver's eyes at some moment

_IMG7884 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Here my mate and I were playing slowing shutter speeds at 1/6th of a second or so

_IMG8397 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Then some red brakes because why not? They are always spectacular

_IMG8616 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

And here I am again playing with low shutter speeds at 1/6th of a second due to the lights around the pitlane entrance

_IMG8779 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

I am also very pleased with tha shoot at 1/80th of a second of a car coming straight/lateral to us

_IMG9805 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG9805 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG0216 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

And then, of course, happiness and relief after a 24 hours race is also very cool to live and watch

3rd place driver congratulates 1st place driver (at the left)

_IMG0744 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

I was at the fence waiting for the chequered flag to appear like 15 minutes prior the race ends (yes you need to be there early to find a good spot) and those guys came along. Those were 3rd place overall and I found the guy very cool with this looks. "Trully American look" I would say (yes they were from the USA)

_IMG2813 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

And loved the happiness this bunch was showing up to be honest, they were happy.

See? They look cool

_IMG2867 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

And here more congratulations to the winners

_IMG2846 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Celebrations

_IMG0869 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG1052 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

And this is most likely everything.

Sorry for uploading/sharing way too many pictures at once!

Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBPEckyH
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo

Well this is not everything!

Last weekend I was at Valencia (Spain) for the GT World Challenge race hold there.

Valencia is located southern than Barcelona where I am from and I am based, and it is a 3.40h to to 4hs drive. It's not that bad but I'm used to be at the track in 20 minutes xD

This is an spectacular championship with lots of cars, and Valentino Rossi takes part!

Will try to not add too many images. In this series I was only able to hit the service road, no starting grid (I wish I could) neither Pit Lane access

Yet it was lots of fun anyways!

On Saturday it was okay, sunny and with no rain. On Sunday it rained quite heavy before the main race and they raced over water.

_IMG2461 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

That car had some smoke coming out from the back

_IMG2753 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG2826 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

That was shooten with the K3 + Pentax DA* 50-135mm f2.8 (there is way more distance to the track in this Circuit than in Barcelona)

_IMG3156 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Just silly playing with the tyres in front

_IMG3235 (2) by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

A Close-up in a non that far away from us corner

_IMG3248 (2) by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

The recovery team recovering a car that hit the tyre walls

_IMG3380 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

A bunch of cars coming all together

_IMG3506 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

And Valentino Rossi's car

_IMG2991 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Now on Sunday I was more prolific, even if it rained.

First of all some pictures taken from above the Pit Lane

_IMG3802 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Playing with slow shutter speeds

_IMG3915 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

And Team Spirit

_IMG3949-2 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Then I went to cover the Porsche Supercup France race and placed myself at the very last corner thinking (i saw that the previous day) that is a tricky corner where the drivers have issues setting the car and that if it rains it would be "interesting" being there.

It was but nothing special happened, it just rained

_IMG4124 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

That guy crashed into the walls some corner prior that one and was walking his way back to the garage

_IMG4354 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG4421 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Now for the main race

It turned out to be a very interesting 1 hour race,

This car started to pull away easy

_IMG4523 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG4644 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG4666 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG4666 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

This is a cropped image to make it look like this

_IMG5141 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

There was lots of action on track

_IMG5305 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG5442 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG5719 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Then the blue car (an Audi) catched the leader (the mercedes on the image) on the last very laps of the race and the battle was on!

_IMG5974 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

And on the very last lap the Audi driver overtook the Mercedes driver to the flag!

_IMG6023 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Now, what not many of us knew is that this other car just came from nowhere and overtake both a couple corners before and won the race!  (and here is burning rubber celebrating an epic win)

_IMG6051 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

And my fault as I was shooting the winners (what I thought it was the winners) at 1/640th of a second and never ever expected that car to celebrate anything because I was NOT aware they won!

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBPEckyH
Quote from red5isalive on September 22, 2022, 5:00 pm

It all started the first weekend of the month with my beloved 24 hours of Barcelona race.

That was great fun. Even if due to coming back from Holidays i have missed the first 4 hours of the event due to a flight delay.

Anyways when I got to the track the light was fading down and we found a great spot with beautiful light,

Let me introduce you to a hell of a beautiful light. In this capture I was willing to be "creative" showing also the fence hole where we are allowed to shoot

Those panning shots are epic, the 4th one reminds me of the PS1 game Ridge Racer

Daniel Gonzalez and JBP have reacted to this post.
Daniel GonzalezJBP
Kieran

For all the negative talk on MFT this last few years in particular I find that the GH5 performs well in night time conditions, assuming you pay attention to exposure. All the below were taken using the GH5 w/25mm F1.7, AF worked great in low light conditions in genuinely really harsh rain, zooming in I can read the reg plates on the cars even. ISOs are between 2000-3200, but details are retained well. Yes long exposures produce a ticker tape of hot pixels but Darktable fixes that. Honestly this combo outperforms the Sony A7 II by so much it's genuinely shocking.

Uploaded files:
  • untitled-49.jpg
  • untitled-12.jpg
  • untitled-43.jpg
  • untitled-22.jpg
  • untitled-13.jpg
Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruceDaniel GonzalezGawaddenniscrommettJBPEckyH
Kieran
Quote from kcphotogeek on September 23, 2022, 2:14 pm
Quote from red5isalive on September 22, 2022, 5:00 pm

Those panning shots are epic, the 4th one reminds me of the PS1 game Ridge Racer

Thank you.

That one was taken at 1/6th of a second at the same spot that I took the night shoot with the light around the car.

There was that banner (as you can see quite yellow) and I thought maybe i could use it. And it kinda worked the way I wanted 🙂

Quote from kcphotogeek on September 23, 2022, 3:29 pm

For all the negative talk on MFT this last few years in particular I find that the GH5 performs well in night time conditions, assuming you pay attention to exposure. All the below were taken using the GH5 w/25mm F1.7, AF worked great in low light conditions in genuinely really harsh rain, zooming in I can read the reg plates on the cars even. ISOs are between 2000-3200, but details are retained well. Yes long exposures produce a ticker tape of hot pixels but Darktable fixes that. Honestly this combo outperforms the Sony A7 II by so much it's genuinely shocking.

This pictures have a character, a special feeling into them. A "touch" if you want. They bring me to the scene. I like them! 🙂

By the way "De la rosa street"? De la Rosa (about or from the rose (flour) in spanish) is a spaniard former Formula 1 driver. Not very talented though but he was there.

SpruceBruce, kcphotogeek and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBP

@red5isalive I remember Pedro de la Rosa back in the day when I followed Jordan

Daniel Gonzalez has reacted to this post.
Daniel Gonzalez
Kieran

got to go on an early morning walk yesterday and took some images.

these were taken on the x-pro1 with either the canon FDn 50mm f1.4, or the vivitar 28mm f2.8 close focus.

Uploaded files:
  • 2022-09-24-01.29.38-1-01.jpeg
  • 1663997759614-01.jpeg
  • 2022-09-24-09.36.58-1-01.jpeg
  • 2022-09-24-07.22.20-2.jpg
James Warner, Daniel Gonzalez and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerDaniel GonzalezdenniscrommettkcphotogeekEckyH
PreviousPage 6 of 9Next