Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share you September Photos! (2022)

PreviousPage 5 of 9Next

Finally got around to uploading some photos from our Florida vacation a couple weeks ago. I decided to limit this post to 10 photos. That wasn't as difficult as I thought since I had been posting some favorites as they happened to the Discord group.

Top is the beginning of the trip and bottom is the end. The bridge is on our way home at New River Gorge in West Virginia. It was pouring rain that day but my K-5 and 18-135 didn't seem to mind that. 🙂

IMGP0298 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP9307 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP0326 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP0621 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP9703 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP9755 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP0814 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP0025 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP0907 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP0235 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

KankRat, SpruceBruce and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatSpruceBruceDaniel GonzalezGawaddenniscrommettkcphotogeekEckyHJonathan Watson

Great photographs @jbp - especially the the third one shows that the 18-135 is a fairly capable lens in the hands of a good photographer. Sometimes I regret that I sold mine...

E.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Veni, vidi, serravi.
Quote from EckyH on September 15, 2022, 3:40 pm

Great photographs @jbp - especially the the third one shows that the 18-135 is a fairly capable lens in the hands of a good photographer. Sometimes I regret that I sold mine...

E.

+1 Those look awesome.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP

200-500mm @ 500mm wide open. Cropped.  I gave it some Deep Prime love treatment.  No sharpening.  I think it got some schmoozing on the sharpness in lens corrections.  I also did the Adobe super resolution on it too.

Going to do a big print in our digital lab at work on a commercial printer.

Uploaded files:
  • common-buckeye-5.jpg
Gawad, kcphotogeek and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
GawadkcphotogeekEckyHJonathan Watson
Quote from KankRat on September 15, 2022, 10:49 pm

200-500mm @ 500mm wide open. Cropped.  I gave it some Deep Prime love treatment.  No sharpening.  I think it got some schmoozing on the sharpness in lens corrections.  I also did the Adobe super resolution on it too.

Going to do a big print in our digital lab at work on a commercial printer.

That'll be wild as a large print! So much detail in it.

Happy snappin' 🙂

I was sick this week so not a lot of photography, but I did somehow manage a few shots in the backyard. Testing some new stuff I got.

Pentax K-1 + Pentax A 35-105mm f3.5 that I bought for $12 as-is. I took entirely apart and cleaned every element. Tried to fix stuck aperture, but failed. So it's stuck open. But for $12 I can't complain. An interesting look to the images, and the "macro" mode is kinda cool.

Pentax A 35-105mm F3.5 by Snappiness, on Flickr

Pentax A 35-105mm F3.5 by Snappiness, on Flickr

And here's with a Olympus E-M5 that I bought in a lot of gear. Probably won't keep for long just because I have so many cameras, but it is really impressive. Paired with the new TTArtisan 50mm f2 that was sent to me for review.

End of summer by Snappiness, on Flickr

Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBrucedenniscrommettkcphotogeekJBPEckyH
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from James Warner on September 18, 2022, 1:16 am

I was sick this week so not a lot of photography, but I did somehow manage a few shots in the backyard. Testing some new stuff I got.

Pentax K-1 + Pentax A 35-105mm f3.5 that I bought for $12 as-is. I took entirely apart and cleaned every element. Tried to fix stuck aperture, but failed. So it's stuck open. But for $12 I can't complain. An interesting look to the images, and the "macro" mode is kinda cool.

Great image character for an old zoom lens, the EM5 image looks lovely too. I see a lot of people making videos using black pro mist filters etc but some of these old lenses give a similar effect, like the Takumar 28mm F2.8 not the sharpest lens but has a really nice light roll off and warmth to the image, ironically most of those filters would be more expensive than these old lenses. I think that Pentax 35-105mm you have could look really nice in video too.

James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner
Kieran

Some photos from the last few days, celebrated 4yrs with my partner so we went out for dinner and a couple of days away. We went to a place called San Mateo just outside Metro Manila in the mountains so had some good views. Unfortunately I didn't get to go on any decent hike the trail they had was being used by motorbikes which was honestly dangerous as it wasn't designed for that purpose, the annoying thing is there are plenty of dirt bike tracks over here. That kind of thing is unfortunately an issue here. Didn't miss the Sony at all on this trip.

First photo taken with the Ricoh GR III, at ISO 3200 which according to some Pentaxians is unusable but I think it's fine. The next two with the Lumix GH5 w/12-60 F2.8-4.0, the 4th and 5th Pentax K-70 w/55-300mm PLM, I may as well just fuse that last combination together :0

Uploaded files:
  • DusitThani-14.jpg
  • untitled-4.jpg
  • untitled-23.jpg
  • untitled-50-2-HDR.jpg
  • untitled-141.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungSpruceBruceGawaddenniscrommettEckyH
Kieran

The best of a really good H-bird session.

Uploaded files:
  • Hummer-2.jpg
Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawadkcphotogeekEckyH

That's an awesome photograph. I like it very much.

E.

KankRat has reacted to this post.
KankRat
Veni, vidi, serravi.
PreviousPage 5 of 9Next