Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share you September Photos! (2022)

PreviousPage 4 of 9Next

Maybe then Siril could be helpful: https://siril.org/

It's a free open source astronomical image processing tool. It is not as mighty as Pixinsight, but already very, very capable.

E.

James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner
Veni, vidi, serravi.

Sleepy Caturday...

K-5 IIm, FA 35/2

E.

Uploaded files:
  • 20220910_caturday_0001.jpg
  • 20220910_caturday_0002.jpg
Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and kcphotogeek have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBrucekcphotogeek
Veni, vidi, serravi.
Quote from kcphotogeek on September 4, 2022, 2:09 pm

Love the wildlife photos so far. Now for some city photography to spoil it all...sorry.

But on the upside I have managed to post something in the 1st week of the month. First 3 taken using the Pentax K-5 w/DA 18-135mm, last 2 are on the GRIII w/GW-3 wide angle adapter (21mm FF equiv)

Love those last two, great colors and composition!

kcphotogeek has reacted to this post.
kcphotogeek
Quote from KankRat on September 8, 2022, 12:08 am
Quote from Jonathan Watson on September 7, 2022, 2:43 am

Hello all!

Here is a handheld photo I took tonight of the moon (as if you couldn't tell). I used my Pentax K-1 with my 150-450mm lens, at 450mm, ISO-200, F/6.7, 1/250s. I used Lightroom, as well as Denoise and Gigipixel AI. I'm fairly happy, given that it was handheld.

--Jonathan

That looks great to me.

Thank you!

ISO 9000 first image is SOOC from the RAW file.

2nd is edited in. PL5 Deep Prime. Swung Luminance to 100, I think it added the Smart Lighting and Clearview plus on it's own to 50 each.

regardless It was basically about 5 clicks. I didn't do anything in LR other than convert it to a jpeg.

it's like getting a new camera.

Must be a Godsend to a M 4/3 user.

I hope it goes on sale.

Uploaded files:
  • DSC_6429.jpg
  • DSC_6429_DxO-1.jpg
James Warner and EckyH have reacted to this post.
James WarnerEckyH

Yesterday I saw in person an actual Pentax DSLR. First time.  Guy had a KP with 300 f4.  He let me fiddle with it.  The AF seemed fine to me, I have no idea what it was set at.  I don't think it;'s as fast as the older Nikon I have.  In fact I would have to say it was significantly slower.  However the IBIS is a major plus.  It's much smaller in person than I expected and the build quality on it and the camera felt off the charts well done.  The guy ad the TC too and that was puny.

I did not care for the grip and my pink hung under the body of the camera.  I would have to invest in a BG if I owned one.  All in all Super nice set up.

He and his wife were chuckling at the size and weight of my 200-500.

Beau Carpenter and JBP have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterJBP

Few pics from today's photowalk with the Pentax K-5 w/18-135mm, not my best day's photography similar route to last weeks walk, still great to get out though. New cheap hood worked well,  took the Pentax Q too, but didn't really get anything I liked not the camera or lens just hands that are slightly too big for a wee camera 🙂

Uploaded files:
  • Makati_090422-4.jpg
  • Makati_090422-12.jpg
  • Makati_090422-17.jpg
  • Makati_090422-9.jpg
  • Makati_090422-11.jpg
Justin Tung, KankRat and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungKankRatBeau CarpenterGawaddenniscrommettEckyH
Kieran

Discovering the local area on the bicycle led me to these friendly beings.

Lesson learned for today: patience may replace a telephoto lens. 😉

E.

Uploaded files:
  • sc.jpg
Beau Carpenter and kcphotogeek have reacted to this post.
Beau Carpenterkcphotogeek
Veni, vidi, serravi.
Quote from KankRat on September 11, 2022, 4:27 pm

Yesterday I saw in person an actual Pentax DSLR. First time.  Guy had a KP with 300 f4.  He let me fiddle with it.  The AF seemed fine to me, I have no idea what it was set at.  I don't think it;'s as fast as the older Nikon I have.  In fact I would have to say it was significantly slower.  However the IBIS is a major plus.  It's much smaller in person than I expected and the build quality on it and the camera felt off the charts well done.  The guy ad the TC too and that was puny.

I did not care for the grip and my pink hung under the body of the camera.  I would have to invest in a BG if I owned one.  All in all Super nice set up.

You don't see them in the wild much at all! Nice. The KP's body is quite small, and I had the same reservations with the body when I attached a large lens like the 300mm F4. I was always told to pick up the battery grip (hard to find) but then I just switched the more sportier body of the K-3 III, and that solved that.

Anyway, always fun to compare cameras.

Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from James Warner on September 12, 2022, 2:05 am
Quote from KankRat on September 11, 2022, 4:27 pm

You don't see them in the wild much at all! Nice. The KP's body is quite small, and I had the same reservations with the body when I attached a large lens like the 300mm F4. I was always told to pick up the battery grip (hard to find) but then I just switched the more sportier body of the K-3 III, and that solved that.

Anyway, always fun to compare cameras.

K3 looks like it has a terrific grip especially with the BG.

PreviousPage 4 of 9Next