Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Share you September Photos! (2022)

Page 1 of 9Next

Welcome to September 🙂 I'll kick us off with a few pleasant nature shots from yesterday morning.

Deer by Snappiness, on Flickr

Hawk by Snappiness, on Flickr

Justin Tung, Beau Carpenter and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBPDavid MaynardEckyHJonathan Watson
Happy snappin' 🙂

I finally got the Nikkor 200-500mm back from repair.  It's pretty awesome.

These are all  at 500mm. From far away (notice a tick on it's belly) :

Close upSomewhere in between.

Uploaded files:
  • 20220901-DSC_6300.jpg
  • Ebony-Jewel-Wings.jpg
  • 20220902-DSC_6323.jpg
Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBPDavid MaynardEckyH

Love the wildlife photos so far. Now for some city photography to spoil it all...sorry.

But on the upside I have managed to post something in the 1st week of the month. First 3 taken using the Pentax K-5 w/DA 18-135mm, last 2 are on the GRIII w/GW-3 wide angle adapter (21mm FF equiv)

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP6762.jpg
  • IMGP6773.jpg
  • IMGP6785.jpg
  • Makati_090422-6.jpg
  • Makati_090422-11.jpg
KankRat, Beau Carpenter and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucedenniscrommettJBPEckyH
Kieran

On a small cycling lap this evening I met the cuddliest cat ever: she cuddled with everything - my bicycle, the leaves on the ground and with EckyH...

K10D, DA 16-45

E.

Uploaded files:
  • 20220904_miez_0001.jpg
kcphotogeek and JBP have reacted to this post.
kcphotogeekJBP
Veni, vidi, serravi.

Hi everyone!
Here's a little update for you all. It's been a few months since I asked this forum about which camera I should buy since I was moving. It's been a while since I moved and I am getting more and more used to this place. I also got a camera to accompany me with this new chapter in life. While I was sold on the idea of buying a Pentax camera from your suggestions, I now own a Canon camera. Before I even made a post in this forum, I said to my friend that I was considering whether I should buy a Canon Eos 40d. To my complete surprise, him and everyone in my friend group joined together to buy me that camera as a gift. I now roam the streets to learn my surroundings and also take pictures along the way! Anyways, that was way too much talking, here's some of the pictures I took. I hope you all don't mind some edited jpegs!

James Warner, Justin Tung and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBP
Quote from doughnut.on.a.stick on September 4, 2022, 9:39 pm

Hi everyone!
Here's a little update for you all. It's been a few months since I asked this forum about which camera I should buy since I was moving. It's been a while since I moved and I am getting more and more used to this place. I also got a camera to accompany me with this new chapter in life. While I was sold on the idea of buying a Pentax camera from your suggestions, I now own a Canon camera. Before I even made a post in this forum, I said to my friend that I was considering whether I should buy a Canon Eos 40d. To my complete surprise, him and everyone in my friend group joined together to buy me that camera as a gift. I now roam the streets to learn my surroundings and also take pictures along the way! Anyways, that was way too much talking, here's some of the pictures I took. I hope you all don't mind some edited jpegs!

Sounds like you have great friends! And now a great camera, too. 😁 Great photos. I've always enjoyed Canon's colors and rendering and your photos confirm that. Congrats on starting a new chapter in life and on your new camera. 🙂

Quote from doughnut.on.a.stick on September 4, 2022, 9:39 pm

Hi everyone!

I had one.  Loved it.  Nice shots.

Jonathan Watson has reacted to this post.
Jonathan Watson
Quote from EckyH on September 4, 2022, 6:43 pm

On a small cycling lap this evening I met the cuddliest cat ever: she cuddled with everything - my bicycle, the leaves on the ground and with EckyH...

K10D, DA 16-45

E.

I found a cat on my bike trail while I was running. Super friendly, purring and meowing.  The trail had a lot of coyotes (they eat cats) so I figured I'd get it back to my car  and give it to a no kill shelter.  So I picked her up and started to jog with her. she didn't dig this.  Started growling. So I put her down (as I did not want to be bitten by a stray cat) and she'd chill out again.  I had to repeat that cycle like a hundred times. We went maybe a mile and a half.  I don't remember exactly. Finally got her back to my car.  She spent that night upstairs with my sons.  Needless to say she never went to a shelter and she still really doesn't like being picked up. They named her Elsa.

EckyH has reacted to this post.
EckyH

Hello all!

Here is a handheld photo I took tonight of the moon (as if you couldn't tell). I used my Pentax K-1 with my 150-450mm lens, at 450mm, ISO-200, F/6.7, 1/250s. I used Lightroom, as well as Denoise and Gigipixel AI. I'm fairly happy, given that it was handheld.

--Jonathan

Uploaded files:
  • IMG7983-Edit-Edit.jpg
James Warner, KankRat and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerKankRatSpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBPdoughnut.on.a.stickDavid Maynard
Quote from KankRat on September 5, 2022, 7:46 pm

They named her Elsa.

Great story and thank you for saving Elsa.

The cat I met on my bicycle lap obviously lives on a farm nearby.

E.

KankRat has reacted to this post.
KankRat
Veni, vidi, serravi.
Page 1 of 9Next