Please or Register to create posts and topics.

September Photo thread! (2021)

PreviousPage 2 of 6Next
Quote from Justin Tung on September 8, 2021, 8:47 pm
Quote from SpruceBruce on September 7, 2021, 12:25 am

As a collective, I'd say we have some great talent on this forum!  Enjoying all the content this week.

Some more California LX100 shots along the coast.

I concur!

When do you decide to go with color and when do you go black and white? Do you chose the setting in-camera or in post?

So a previous comment you had, that is in fact from a Grainydays vid.  I can shoot either color or BW in Raw with my M43 setup, and Lightroom allows me to choose any profile I want. I choose BW when I'm not feeling a color photo or composition that catches my eye.

Justin Tung has reacted to this post.
Justin Tung

finally got the scans for my first film roll.

nothin impressive honestly but that was to be expected however I really like this one despite being underexposed (film was expired and shot at is050)and the whole experience was fun indeed

Uploaded files:
  • Abdelrahman011-1.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungSpruceBruce

I'm just moving into a new apartment and took the opportunity to look through my lens collection. I stumbled across a Pentax-M 28mm f2.8 that I didn't know I had.
I took a snapshot of our cat with my K5 as a test.

My Cat

James Warner, SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceGawad
Quote from Gawad on September 9, 2021, 6:45 pm

nothin impressive honestly but that was to be expected however I really like this one despite being underexposed (film was expired and shot at is050)and the whole experience was fun indeed

Woohoo! always exciting to see results, especially from your first roll! I started off shooting a ton of expired film, and while I'm glad I did it to get my feet wet, there were a lot of things which were really frustrating about it, chiefly the inconsistent results. Every roll I get back, I feel like there's something I clearly have to learn haha.

SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawad
Ever striving for minimum competency
Quote from Gawad on September 9, 2021, 6:45 pm

Was this when you were in Alexandria Egypt if I recall right?  Very cool!

Gawad has reacted to this post.
Gawad

Hiked to some really old farmstead ruins built in the 1860s in the Louisville Swamp unit of the Minnesota River Valley National Wildlife Refuge, 6.5 miles round trip with the KP, and the 18-135, 50-200, Tokina 19-35, 35mm Macro strapped to my back.  Actually wasn’t too heavy of a kit.

Uploaded files:
  • 3B970C4C-EF91-496E-B37F-966CF3A4F00B.jpeg
  • 8598EF97-0E8A-4A92-9ABA-CD3C5788631E.jpeg
  • 78EE331F-458A-46FC-8198-372635E485EF.jpeg
  • 6E64E160-7021-40DE-9EF4-5D482B91E99B.jpeg
  • A4C21B9F-A5E5-4E27-8BA1-EF091C233930.jpeg
James Warner, Gawad and Eye.n.Eye have reacted to this post.
James WarnerGawadEye.n.Eye

Some first photos out of my Yashica Fx-D Quartz yard sale salvage project, paired with the Yashica YUS 28mm F2.8, and my first time shooting Kodak Ultramax 400. I love the look of this film stock, it's quickly becoming one of my favorite CN stocks.

Uploaded files:
  • 01081277.jpg
  • Ultramax-3-2.jpg
  • Ultramax-14-1.jpg
  • Ultramax-1.jpg
  • Ultramax-7-1.jpg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterGawadEye.n.Eye
Quote from SpruceBruce on September 11, 2021, 8:02 pm

Some first photos out of my Yashica Fx-D Quartz yard sale salvage project, paired with the Yashica YUS 28mm F2.8, and my first time shooting Kodak Ultramax 400. I love the look of this film stock, it's quickly becoming one of my CN stocks.

I've never shot non-expired Ultramax, but I'm really digging the saturation you're getting from it! Especially those greens through the window on the last shot.

SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawad
Ever striving for minimum competency
Quote from Justin Tung on September 11, 2021, 9:56 pm
Quote from SpruceBruce on September 11, 2021, 8:02 pm

Some first photos out of my Yashica Fx-D Quartz yard sale salvage project, paired with the Yashica YUS 28mm F2.8, and my first time shooting Kodak Ultramax 400. I love the look of this film stock, it's quickly becoming one of my CN stocks.

I've never shot non-expired Ultramax, but I'm really digging the saturation you're getting from it! Especially those greens through the window on the last shot.

Unfortunately it's being really marked up by Kodak, it's 18.49 a 3 pack.  It's ashame it's such a great film stock that could be had for so cheap when I first got into film photography.

Okay, I'm catching up after being gone for a week. Great photos everyone.

Lovin' the first roll from @gawad . Wish I could visit Egypt sometime.

Lovin' the KP and film shots @sprucebruce . That last photo looks like a Hobbit hole 😀

@xoquox I love the close focusing distance on that M 28mm. It's not a perfect lens by any means, but I found it to be quite nice for the cost. I hear cats make good subjects, but I don't have any 😀

Here's a few more from my trip while I get through them. Some I will probably never post anywhere else, but I appreciate the community here of posting things we like big or little.

One funny story real quick. I decided to bring my K-1 and GR and forego my KP. My reasoning was mainly for the one chance I would get to see the milkyway and I wanted the K-1 for that. I shot wildlife and the milkyway on the K-1. Just now at home flipping through the photos I realized I shot all JPEG, no raw 🤦‍♂️ No wonder the milkyway shot didn't stretch very well in post on the iPad... 😅

Justin Tung, KankRat and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
Justin TungKankRatSpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂
PreviousPage 2 of 6Next