Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Ricoh GRII + 21mm wide angle lens $415 shipped

Listed on Mercari for those in the US. It's a good deal as the camera itself will sell for about $400 on ebay, let alone the lens.

Too good not to share! Just found this item on Mercari. Tap the link to sign up and get $10 off. https://merc.li/ae6R39rPb

(That link might give me a kickback for referring you, but I have no association with the seller. I have bought multiple things from mercari and it's been good.)

Happy snappin' 🙂

That's cool! Looks like someone snagged a good deal. Similarly, I recently stumbled on what I bet was a rare thing: It seems that last December, Ricoh put up a bunch of refurbished GR III's on their site for $599 (link). I saw that they had a listing for GR II's on there too, refurbished (link), and amazingly it said "buy now" or whatever, so I bought one. It came in such perfect shape I was shocked at what a deal it was! In the end I returned it (just part of the quest of trying to find the cameras I like most...), but boy that is quite a deal. Plus, since visiting those pages a couple times since, one time I did see a GR III up there for $599. Best deal in town for sure, but I bet they go quickly when they're up. Just a hot tip!

Quote from dcrommett on May 5, 2021, 6:11 pm

That's cool! Looks like someone snagged a good deal. Similarly, I recently stumbled on what I bet was a rare thing: It seems that last December, Ricoh put up a bunch of refurbished GR III's on their site for $599 (link). I saw that they had a listing for GR II's on there too, refurbished (link), and amazingly it said "buy now" or whatever, so I bought one. It came in such perfect shape I was shocked at what a deal it was! In the end I returned it (just part of the quest of trying to find the cameras I like most...), but boy that is quite a deal. Plus, since visiting those pages a couple times since, one time I did see a GR III up there for $599. Best deal in town for sure, but I bet they go quickly when they're up. Just a hot tip!

I have seen that GR III deal on their website and I check back often for it. I go through waves of buying and selling to try new things, and it never seems to be there when I have the capital to spend :p Maybe one day. I could sell of my current GR and it would be only. Few hundred for the upgrade..

Deleted user has reacted to this post.
Deleted user
Happy snappin' 🙂

Oh nice, well maybe one day there will be a cheap one up there again to snag! In terms of the upgrade, man that GR and GR II are definitely so good, and your video about the GR is so much of why I even though about that line of cameras; it was so anti-hype, and I dislike hype! But then, the lure of the GR III came, and I felt so weird and like some rich fat cat getting the GR III... but boy is it really something. I'm still so new to having a "real camera" but it's just so much better than what I've had for years (bad point and shoots and my phone!). Also compared to the GR  and GR II, I feel like Positive Film, while some people like it less, is much nicer to me; it's less red, and I for one like the additional parameters you get for it, for doing in-camera RAW conversion. I wish I didn't like it so much, ha, because of the price, and because it's so hip or whatever. Anyway, it is of course not necessary for making beautiful images and saying "I was here, check it out" with our photos. Just a few thoughts. And one bored kitty (below).

Uploaded files:
  • Q0000185_1.jpg
  • dennis-crommett-GRIII-cat-RC000944-1.jpg