Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Ricoh GR (2013, 16MP): Shutter count suddenly reset to 0!

Hey all, I'm wondering if anyone has had this experience before: Last week, I got a good deal on a Ricoh GR, with a shutter count of around 6,900, which it said when I received it. But last night, going to check it again, it all of a sudden said zero! Wha?? I did update the firmware, but I believe it still said the right number after that. I have tried reinstalling the firmware, and no dice -- still zero (well, like 15 now, after testing it around this issue). It's definitely working 100%, taking great photos, etc. Just curious if anyone has run into this, and if there's any going back? (Not that it really matters though, right, if it's working as it should?)

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_2652.jpg
Quote from denniscrommett on March 8, 2022, 6:08 pm

Hey all, I'm wondering if anyone has had this experience before: Last week, I got a good deal on a Ricoh GR, with a shutter count of around 6,900, which it said when I received it. But last night, going to check it again, it all of a sudden said zero! Wha?? I did update the firmware, but I believe it still said the right number after that. I have tried reinstalling the firmware, and no dice -- still zero (well, like 15 now, after testing it around this issue). It's definitely working 100%, taking great photos, etc. Just curious if anyone has run into this, and if there's any going back? (Not that it really matters though, right, if it's working as it should?)

Is that like an odometer and is illegal? 😄 No, I haven't heard of that happening with the GR, and only vaguely with cameras in general. Awesome grab on the camera though! The 2013 GR is one of my absolute favorites!

denniscrommett has reacted to this post.
denniscrommett
Happy snappin' 🙂

I know right, @james-warner-b, it does sound like turning back an odometer! But thanks, yeah, I'm excited to get out with it!

Not sure if you or others here are baseball fans, but we have a new minor league park about an hour from here, and their website says specifically that one can bring in a camera as long as it doesn't have interchangeable lenses. Funny right? So, bringin' the GR!

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

Just curious but when the shutter count goes back to zero, do the physical signs of use disappear also? hehe.

SpruceBruce and denniscrommett have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommett