Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Recipes but not really

Page 1 of 2Next

so about a week ago I found out about fujifilm recipes and was really interested in them and the results I've seen on youtube, I was really amused with the idea of getting pleasing and sort of film-like colors straight out of camera.

only problem is I don't really own a fujifilm camera but I decided to work with what I have on my camera (sonya3500) which turned out to be over exposing by one stop and using a custom whitebalance that I pushed to the warmer side and gave it abit of a greenish tint and used the "vivid picture profile" and honestly I really appreciated the results sooc.

obviously my camera lacks any form of film simulation and this was my first attempt so the results by no means compare to fuji users with well crafted recipes with so much work and thought put into them but I really liked the images nontheless.

Here are some of the results:

-https://flic.kr/p/2m19tDH

-https://flic.kr/p/2m157ZY

-https://flic.kr/p/2m157wo

-https://flic.kr/p/2m19tNF

denniscrommett has reacted to this post.
denniscrommett

posted as a guest agian,sorry. :"D

Justin Tung, Beau Carpenter and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucedenniscrommett

The guest mistake struggle is all too real.  It reminds me of a Kodak film emulsion look, similar to Porta/Gold.  If you didn’t reveal the fact that these were digital, it could pass as 35mm film to my eye.   The 1st and 4th shot are keepers!  Especially the fence and flowers.

Gawad has reacted to this post.
Gawad
Quote from SpruceBruce on May 23, 2021, 8:02 am

The guest mistake struggle is all too real.  It reminds me of a Kodak film emulsion look, similar to Porta/Gold.  If you didn’t reveal the fact that these were digital, it could pass as 35mm film to my eye.   The 1st and 4th shot are keepers!  Especially the fence and flowers.

wow thank you so much I kinda did haave kodak gold in mind while choosing the tone so really glad that actually worked .

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

These are really nice! It's hard to get that golden glow of Kodak negative films, but you got pretty darn close!

Gawad has reacted to this post.
Gawad
I ramble on sometimes about snap photography, photographic philosophy and equipment! Ye be warned.

thank you I'm really happy with the feedback it really means alot 😀

I'd say you did a really good job! It does look very film like. I have experimented a lot with the jpeg profile settings on my Pentax cameras recently. Except for wildlife, starscapes or other more technical shots in just using straight of camera nowadays for the convenience and, like you, liking what I'm getting straight out of the camera anyway.

Beau Carpenter and denniscrommett have reacted to this post.
Beau Carpenterdenniscrommett
Happy snappin' 🙂

I have been wanting to explore this as well after seeing what people are getting straight out of their Fujifilm mirrorless cameras with their film sim recipes. The look of film is just unmatched for candid people shots, IMO, and I've been wanting to get that in Lightroom somehow. It would be even better to get it straight out of camera.

Gawad, those shots are spectacular, the vibe is great. If you showed me those and had me guess I would have said "Oh, yeah, classic film shots, eh?" I'm going to have to give that a go with my K-3.

Snappy, I'd be curious what JPEG profile settings you are using on your Pentax cameras. I spent some time trying to mimic the Pentax "bright" jpeg in Lightroom. Not sure it was worthwhile, and in the end all I did was adjust the reds and boost the exposure by 1/4. But that's what I've been using for my quick RAW edits. I should go back to RAW+ but I found all the extra files a bit much to handle.

Here is my try at a "film-ish" look with my gx80 and the 25mm 1.7

Uploaded files:
  • Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and denniscrommett have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBrucedenniscrommett
Is that even street bro?
Quote from JBP on January 26, 2022, 5:06 pm

Snappy, I'd be curious what JPEG profile settings you are using on your Pentax cameras. I spent some time trying to mimic the Pentax "bright" jpeg in Lightroom. Not sure it was worthwhile, and in the end all I did was adjust the reds and boost the exposure by 1/4. But that's what I've been using for my quick RAW edits. I should go back to RAW+ but I found all the extra files a bit much to handle.

I don't do anything different on my Pentax bodies with the exception of the K10D which I like the JPEGs so much. The other cameras I don't always like the JPEGs. I guess the other exception to that is the K-1 + 43mm. That lens in particular with that camera gets the look I want. I can't remember exactly what I had but I think portrait and then bumped the saturation +1.

For the K10D I like the color tone curve option (forget what it's called) and then +1 Sat, +1 Contrast. Simple man, lol.

For the GR I've been playing with this guy's stuff. He makes recipes for Fuji too. https://ricohrecipes.com/

Happy snappin' 🙂
Page 1 of 2Next