Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Petri Color 35 - "Small-scale"

PreviousPage 2 of 2

I'm really impressed by the beautiful, sharp, contrasty results you two are getting from this little camera. What a nice piece of kit that is!

Glad you rescued it, @agentlossing.

agentlossing and Justin Tung have reacted to this post.
agentlossingJustin Tung

Throwing some pics here. Can never decide if my Petri shots should go here or in the monthly threads. I love this cam as a daily carry cam. This is Arista Edu 400 expired in 2008, so it was pretty rough to scan because of the base fog. You can read about my #strugglebus on the monthly thread post on the Canon AE-1, since these rolls were developed together.

One thing I got a chance to do with this camera as an EDC is to take pictures the last time I was in an airport, and that's something I will always love

SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBP
Ever striving for minimum competency

Justin, those are really excellent shots. I love the look of extra toothy grain with that camera. I really need to bring it out and shoot with it, I've just been so busy the past half-year or so that I haven't shot any film. Film has the pleasant ritual of developing and scanning (for the most part pleasant, anyway) but I just haven't been able to do it.

I noticed my battery was dead the last time I picked up the Petri, the meter didn't work. I have film loaded so I didn't replace the battery then, but I've also forgotten what film I put inside so it might be a good idea to carefully reroll that film and check the battery.

Justin Tung has reacted to this post.
Justin Tung
I ramble on sometimes about snap photography, photographic philosophy and equipment! Ye be warned.

@agentlossing I totally get that. I really like this camera because I can use it as an every-day camera, with an objective to take one photo every day. Doesn't always happen though, but a 36 shot roll can last more than a month this way! The meter in my copy has actually always been broken, so I've been working on learning how to meter by eye.

Ever striving for minimum competency

I rerolled what was in my camera (8 shots in), and just managed to have 1/2 inch of the leader still sticking out when I opened the back, so yay me. The battery is fine now, I must have just not had the shutter cocked when I tried the meter last. Duh. I will say, the meter overexposes by almost exactly one stop, using LR44 batteries. I noted with my first roll through this camera that the shots were overexposed, and yesterday when I was playing around with it I confirmed it, all of my other cameras metered one stop more light than the Petri with the same settings. This comes down to the meter being designed for mercury batteries, I'm thinking. As you say, works fine even without a meter.

I ramble on sometimes about snap photography, photographic philosophy and equipment! Ye be warned.

I got out over the weekend and shot a very quick roll of Holga 400, and managed to get it developed and scanned, which felt nice.

Uploaded files:
  • Untitled-4.jpg
  • Untitled-6.jpg
  • Untitled-8.jpg
  • Untitled-12.jpg
  • Untitled-15.jpg
James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner

A few more...

Uploaded files:
  • Untitled-17.jpg
  • Untitled-24.jpg
  • Untitled-26.jpg
James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner
PreviousPage 2 of 2