Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Pentax K70 vs Q

Due to some unfortunate circumstances (I won't get into) I was unable to get out with my camera at the weekend. Luckily I have a nice view (for another 6 weeks anyway) so for fun decided to pit the Pentax K-70(55-300mm PLM) vs the Pentax Q(06 Telephoto). Samples below, the IQ is clearly better from the K-70 but the Q gives a unique SOOC look even in RAW that may be a little magenta for some but for urban low light works well in my opinion. First image is the Q second is the K70.

Is the Pentax Q the ideal travel camera? Out of the 7 keepers I kept from this little test 5 were taken with the Q and only 2 from the K-70. Wondering if it’s worth my while getting the 02 Standard Zoom

Uploaded files:

• IMGP4303-Edit.jpg
  • IMGP6938-Edit.jpg
SpruceBruce and denniscrommett have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommett
Kieran

Great shots! I personally really like both cameras, the Q is the perfect portable device that you can slip into a coat pocket or a drink holder on a backpack and so on. While the K-70 has the powerhouse APS-C sensor that competes well against flagship crop-sensor cameras. I also think both of these photos are great for different reasons, the Q took an amazing photo with TONS of color character while the K-70 with that very sharp 55-300 PLM captured pretty much every detail.

kcphotogeek has reacted to this post.
kcphotogeek