Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Pentax P30n shutter not firing

Hi.

Going through a collection of old slr's deciding which to keep I came across my Pentax P30n all is working on it except I can't fire the shutter.

Its got new batteries and a clean of contact mount but i am at a loss to the cause of it.

Everything else seams to work fine, the winder works, rewind button works etc.

I don't have any film so can't try it with fil in.

Any ideas?

Quote from Lock5 on April 20, 2022, 1:28 pm

Hi.

Going through a collection of old slr's deciding which to keep I came across my Pentax P30n all is working on it except I can't fire the shutter.

Its got new batteries and a clean of contact mount but i am at a loss to the cause of it.

Everything else seams to work fine, the winder works, rewind button works etc.

I don't have any film so can't try it with fil in.

Any ideas?

When you press the shutter button, do you see the metering information appear in the viewfinder? I have a p30, so was just trying to go through some debugging myself. Mine fires as long as the switch is on, metering information appears on half press, cock the shutter and then full press releases shutter.

Happy snappin' 🙂

The meetering is on when settings are changed but depressing the shutter dose not make it come on.

Seams like its there the whole time.

Somebody  did mention to me that it needs film in it to work but that dosen't seam right to me, is there any truth in that?

Quote from Lock5 on April 21, 2022, 1:23 pm

The meetering is on when settings are changed but depressing the shutter dose not make it come on.

Seams like its there the whole time.

Yeah mine only shows the selected shutter speed (when in program/auto) when I depress the shutter, otherwise it doesn't show. Mine is the p30 though, so perhaps that's a difference.

Mine fires without film. That could be possible with a different model though. My Z-1p won't fire without film loaded.

Happy snappin' 🙂