Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Pentax Optio 750z - Fuji's inspiration?

Page 1 of 2Next

Usually, I would pay less for P&S but my curiousity got the best of me so I pulled the trigger and then there it was, securely packed by the previous owner and probably have been in storage for almost 2 decades.

Metal build, nostalgic looks, sounds like a Fuji! 😀

So first observations:

1. The optical viewfinder is offset to the left, like a rangefinder, but the front is centre offset to reduce paralax.
2. Fully-articulating screen
3. startup is slow
4. it has cat sounds as a shutter sound LOL
5. it has a light meter mode
6. it has a 3D mode!
7. it can also be a portable sound recorder

I'm looking forward to taking this bad boy out!

May be an image of camera

James Warner and Iron have reacted to this post.
James WarnerIron

Can't wait to see what's it capable of.  It's crazy to see a camera that old with the concept of an articulating screen.  Once again it seems Pentax gets a concept ahead of it's time.

Iron has reacted to this post.
Iron
Quote from Guest on April 15, 2021, 11:30 pm

Can't wait to see what's it capable of.  It's crazy to see a camera that old with the concept of an articulating screen.  Once again it seems Pentax gets a concept ahead of it's time.

Time for today's PSA.  Verify you're logged in.

Justin Tung has reacted to this post.
Justin Tung
Quote from Tristan C on April 15, 2021, 9:46 pm

Usually, I would pay less for P&S but my curiousity got the best of me so I pulled the trigger and then there it was, securely packed by the previous owner and probably have been in storage for almost 2 decades.

Metal build, nostalgic looks, sounds like a Fuji! 😀

So first observations:

1. The optical viewfinder is offset to the left, like a rangefinder, but the front is centre offset to reduce paralax.
2. Fully-articulating screen
3. startup is slow
4. it has cat sounds as a shutter sound LOL
5. it has a light meter mode
6. it has a 3D mode!
7. it can also be a portable sound recorder

I'm looking forward to taking this bad boy out!

May be an image of camera

I think the Pentax MX-1 also had cat sounds? I think it's a nice little easter egg. How do you it feels like the image quality compares to other cameras of the era?

Also, I've definitely commented before and not been logged in at least twice haha. The struggle is real.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Ever striving for minimum competency

The MX-1 does make cat sounds indeed.  It was in Mattias Burlings video review.

That's really funny about the cat sounds. I had no idea which models that had shown up in and assumed the MX-1 was the only one.

I am also excited to see some test shots when you get the chance. When you let me know about the camera a bit ago I got interested as well. Very unique design.

Happy snappin' 🙂

Yep, will do some shots! I would've posted already but it doesn't take "standard" capacity SD cards haha. The smallest I have is a 16GB.

That said, I'm also quite busy in the next week (moving out of the city, new job, etc) but looking forward to the country life (perhaps a good chance to get back into taking photos again!)

Watch this space!

SpruceBruce
Quote from Tristan C on April 18, 2021, 1:51 pm

Yep, will do some shots! I would've posted already but it doesn't take "standard" capacity SD cards haha. The smallest I have is a 16GB.

That said, I'm also quite busy in the next week (moving out of the city, new job, etc) but looking forward to the country life (perhaps a good chance to get back into taking photos again!)

Watch this space!

Cool, good luck on your move. I now have a stash of 1-2gb SD cards and CF cards laying around from all the old digital cameras I have. Easy when they come with the camera in a lot, hard to source because you can't buy them new anywhere!

SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

Here are a few quick snaps yesterday.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmVqLuG3

I still need to get the hang of using a very old point and shoot. The LCD is, as you can imagine, not very good. However, the CCD colours seem to be good.

IMGP0008 by Tristan Carlos, on Flickr

IMGP0011 by Tristan Carlos, on Flickr

IMGP0017 by Tristan Carlos, on Flickr

IMGP0019 by Tristan Carlos, on Flickr

IMGP0025 by Tristan Carlos, on Flickr

p.s. noob question, how do you link single flickr images to a message? 😀

edit: updated Flickr links

SpruceBruce
Quote from Tristan C on April 21, 2021, 7:09 am

Here are a few quick snaps yesterday.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmVqLuG3

I still need to get the hang of using a very old point and shoot. The LCD is, as you can imagine, not very good. However, the CCD colours seem to be good.

p.s. noob question, how do you link single flickr images to a message? 😀

Are those straight from the camera? They do have a nice look about them. The lens seems quite nice too.

when in flickr you can select the arrow on your photo that is the share button. Select the BBCode tab. Then copy and past that BBCode directly into your post 🙂

Happy snappin' 🙂
Page 1 of 2Next