Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Pentax M 135 3.5

Do you have one?
Yes
No
Considering buying

Bought it for 50€ on eBay.

Its pretty sharp. Nice reach. Focusing on the K5 is a bit hard tho.

Will post samples when available.

Anyone else got this lens?

Is that even street bro?

Yes!

I have it.

I love how small it is, the in body lens-hood and overall is a very nice performer.

I did use it for street photo once or twice and I liked what i've got out of it.

My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo

The only Pentax 135mm I own is the Pentax-F 135mm f2.8, and it's a good performer. A little soft at f2.8, but in the pleasant level that was probably considered sharp before the digital days.

Amazingly, I have never used any of the affordable manual M or A options. Or even Takumars. It's not a focal length I get into as much so that's probably why. But they are probably the cheapest/easiest way in Pentax to get nice blurred out backgrounds with the relatively fast aperture and compression from the longer focal length.

Excited to see what you get with yours!

Daniel Gonzalez has reacted to this post.
Daniel Gonzalez
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from James Warner on January 15, 2023, 1:57 am

The only Pentax 135mm I own is the Pentax-F 135mm f2.8, and it's a good performer. A little soft at f2.8, but in the pleasant level that was probably considered sharp before the digital days.

Amazingly, I have never used any of the affordable manual M or A options. Or even Takumars. It's not a focal length I get into as much so that's probably why. But they are probably the cheapest/easiest way in Pentax to get nice blurred out backgrounds with the relatively fast aperture and compression from the longer focal length.

Excited to see what you get with yours!

Yes, that's true.

You'd try to find a cheap copy, I think that first of all would be fun to play with it. And maybe will give for a good video.

It's a nice compact cheap lens,

My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo

I love the Pentax M 135mm f3.5 bought mine about 4yrs ago for 15EUR, my best value purchase probably definitely in terms of lenses

Uploaded files:
  • C935C495-37D0-4441-B513-46C0DC04ADB4.jpeg
SpruceBruce, Daniel Gonzalez and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceDaniel GonzalezJBPAnthony Grizanti
Kieran

I also have this lens. It's fine for general photography but not good for astrophotography (my main photographic passion). To get acceptable star shapes in the corners, it has to be stopped down too much IMO (to f/5.6 at least). I have found, on the other hand, that another manual vintage Pentax lens - the Pentax-M 100mm f/2.8 - is a very good lens for astrophotography, needing to be stopped down only to f/4.

James Warner, Daniel Gonzalez and JBP have reacted to this post.
James WarnerDaniel GonzalezJBP

Dutch greetings!

I'm a Pentax novice. Today we went out and I hooked my 30 euro 135 on my 45 euro K100D and tried my best. Say hi to my kids.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP2785.JPG
  • IMG_20230212_225615.jpg
  • IMGP2817.JPG
  • IMGP2829.JPG
SpruceBruce, EckyH and Anthony Grizanti have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceEckyHAnthony Grizanti
Quote from Florian de Wit on February 12, 2023, 10:00 pm

Dutch greetings!

I'm a Pentax novice. Today we went out and I hooked my 30 euro 135 on my 45 euro K100D and tried my best. Say hi to my kids.

Great job focusing that lens on that little viewfinder! A very nice combination in capable hands. And beautiful kids too! And they let you take pictures of them instead of running away when they saw the camera!🤣

Happy snappin' 🙂

This may be an old post but i just got this lens in the mail today! cant wait to start using it

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce