Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Panasonic Lumix LC1 thoughts?

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next
Quote from red5isalive on February 9, 2023, 6:58 pm

I have bought it.

The man (a 69yo man) is a great character, very gentle guy.

The camera on the flesh looked great, now I see the rubbers aren't sticking to the camera anymore, i'm trying to solve this but I guess it is normal.

Overall the look is wonderful and I haven't had the moment to test it out as it drained the battery it had on, and the 2nd one was dead, so I will need to use it tomorrow or any other day.

The dials on the optics work smooth and great,

The guy told me that if I don't want it anymore, to let him know.

And we had a coffe just to chat about photography as he is passionate about it. But he says he had some Canon + a 24-105mm lens and he has discovered that the camera on his phone is great for the work he likes and he doesn't use the Canon anymore but his phone :-O

Pics of your new camera when you get the chance!

I am curious how the speed holds up for you. Both autofocus and file writing to the card. Curious about the lens on it as well and how good it is. The images should be nice for anything well lit. Share some snaps when you have them!

SpruceBruce, Daniel Gonzalez and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceDaniel GonzalezJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from James Warner on February 9, 2023, 8:39 pm
Quote from red5isalive on February 9, 2023, 6:58 pm

I have bought it.

The man (a 69yo man) is a great character, very gentle guy.

The camera on the flesh looked great, now I see the rubbers aren't sticking to the camera anymore, i'm trying to solve this but I guess it is normal.

Overall the look is wonderful and I haven't had the moment to test it out as it drained the battery it had on, and the 2nd one was dead, so I will need to use it tomorrow or any other day.

The dials on the optics work smooth and great,

The guy told me that if I don't want it anymore, to let him know.

And we had a coffe just to chat about photography as he is passionate about it. But he says he had some Canon + a 24-105mm lens and he has discovered that the camera on his phone is great for the work he likes and he doesn't use the Canon anymore but his phone :-O

Pics of your new camera when you get the chance!

I am curious how the speed holds up for you. Both autofocus and file writing to the card. Curious about the lens on it as well and how good it is. The images should be nice for anything well lit. Share some snaps when you have them!

Haha i will.
I am trying to fix the cosmetic issues now and charge both batteries he gave me as they were drawn.

Yesterday I have checked it and writting speed is slow, but my idea is to have it as a "film camera that doesn't uses film".

Will try to take some snaps today with it.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo

It might be me, but I am not able to create an image precise with focus.
Nor using camera's autofocus, neither using AF Marco, neither using manual focus.

It is a pleasing camera, but check the images attached, it lacks sharpness even using the camera flash in it's two modes. I don't really get it, but seems like this.

Uploaded files:
  • P1270560.jpg
  • P1270558.jpg
  • P1270562.jpg
  • P1270552.jpg

After practicing a bit more, I have decided to convert it (by choosing B&W) to a B&W camera only,

At some point, but just some, performs decently well

See the first 3 images.

But then see image 4, if you pick some distance.... I'm not that pleased.

Uploaded files:
  • P1270741.JPG
  • P1270742.JPG
  • P1270747.JPG
  • P1270744.JPG
Quote from red5isalive on February 10, 2023, 1:05 pm

After practicing a bit more, I have decided to convert it (by choosing B&W) to a B&W camera only,

See the first 3 images.

That last picture looks sort of like shutter shake - Something that I forget to look out for with so many newer bodies with sensor stabilization.

Looking at the EXIF it says 1/400 at an equivalent focal length of 80mm. Is that right?? That should be more than sufficient to take care of shake. What do you contribute it to?

Daniel Gonzalez has reacted to this post.
Daniel Gonzalez
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from James Warner on February 10, 2023, 4:16 pm
Quote from red5isalive on February 10, 2023, 1:05 pm

See the first 3 images.

That last picture looks sort of like shutter shake - Something that I forget to look out for with so many newer bodies with sensor stabilization.

Looking at the EXIF it says 1/400 at an equivalent focal length of 80mm. Is that right?? That should be more than sufficient to take care of shake. What do you contribute it to?

Yes it is right, I was excited but not like a 5 years old 😛

I don't know why it does that at longer focals.

But is not that usable.

The looks of the camera are great, but then again it is a bit of a pain to use. Will go out tomorrow and try it out again on the street on black and white only, maybe this time will get better results. I don't know.

I almost wonder if a lens element has been decentered and if the camera was dropped before

James Warner, Daniel Gonzalez and JBP have reacted to this post.
James WarnerDaniel GonzalezJBP
Quote from SpruceBruce on February 10, 2023, 6:39 pm

I almost wonder if a lens element has been decentered and if the camera was dropped before

I think so,

Actually, how do I explain this?
Actually the blades on the lens seem to not close, something strange happens there. Let me try to take a pictire with my phone.

As you said might be something wrong with the lens. What I saw before are those two black lines at the bottom and top of the lens (picture is not the greatests but you might see a black line on the lens that covers the whole lenght of it in the superior part and also in the inferior one)

I never dropped the camera, otherwise I would be honest and explain it,

Here it is:

Uploaded files:
  • WhatsApp-Image-2023-02-10-at-19.58.36.jpeg

Now I got to check it a bit more in detail.

I have noticed after buying it that the bottom had some scratches and well it's an almost 20 years camera, so I found it kind of normal.

BUT there was a small mark on the screen protector. And, naive me, I just removed the UV filter the man said the camera came with on. And I just forgot about it. This one also has some mark.

So yes I think it's very plausible that the camera fall off and the optics are not well placed. As this is a body and lens combo I guess this won't be an easy task to fix and probably the previous users denied this option and moved on, and forgot about it until now.

Again photos are taken in a dark environment with my poor phone's camera, but see details of what looks like an impact:

Uploaded files:
  • WhatsApp-Image-2023-02-10-at-20.12.53.jpeg
  • WhatsApp-Image-2023-02-10-at-20.12.15.jpeg
  • WhatsApp-Image-2023-02-10-at-20.11.50.jpeg

And about the optics thing I find "weird" let me "mark it" with my super mega hyper style xDD

What do you guys think (I know I suck at painting xD),

Uploaded files:
  • WhatsApp-Image-2023-02-10-at-20.14.54.jpeg
PreviousPage 2 of 3Next