Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Panasonic Lumix LC1 thoughts?

Page 1 of 3Next

I just came across this model on a second hand platform in Spain, it goes for sale around 160-170€ and looks like a cool camera.

It's a 5Mpx so I think James will like it (if he doesn't know it already) with a fixed lens 28-90mm f2.0-2.4, it's a big chunky as a camera but it looks like fun. And the sensor is a CCD sensor (the ones we love but also hate (due to ISO issues)),

The look it has is cool, or I find it cool,

Panasonic LC1 Review - Luminous Landscape

Oh yes, seems that the lens is a Leica one (who knows, right?) and it seems that those were for sale at 1500$ when new around 18 years ago.

And well I don't know, if you have any feedback it's going to be appreciated.

Thanks!

SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBP
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo
Quote from red5isalive on January 25, 2023, 10:51 pm

I just came across this model on a second hand platform in Spain, it goes for sale around 160-170€ and looks like a cool camera.

It's a 5Mpx so I think James will like it (if he doesn't know it already) with a fixed lens 28-90mm f2.0-2.4, it's a big chunky as a camera but it looks like fun. And the sensor is a CCD sensor (the ones we love but also hate (due to ISO issues)),

Oh yes, seems that the lens is a Leica one (who knows, right?) and it seems that those were for sale at 1500$ when new around 18 years ago.

Thanks!

I've play with one in a camera shop in Portland, Oregon it was super neat! If I had the budget back then I would have grabbed it.

Daniel Gonzalez has reacted to this post.
Daniel Gonzalez

I've never handled one in person, but I am definitely aware of it! It's a cool camera, and made during a time where Leica and Panasonic were creating a lot of dual partnership cameras. There were some ones before this, and after this. I don't know of a direct Leica equivalent to this camera, but later on we had the L1. The Panasonic L1 was a four thirds camera, along with the Olympus E300/330 at the time and a Leica Digilux 3 which was also based on the same design.

After getting my Olympus E300 I thought it would be cool to pick up the L1, but it is quite hard to come by and expensive when it does show up. Especially when you can get the Olympus E300 for $100 or less most days, and it's pretty much the same thing.

Really pretty camera though.

Daniel Gonzalez
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from SpruceBruce on January 26, 2023, 4:26 am
Quote from red5isalive on January 25, 2023, 10:51 pm

Thanks!

I've play with one in a camera shop in Portland, Oregon it was super neat! If I had the budget back then I would have grabbed it.

Thank you for your feedback, I am so tempted 😀

Quote from James Warner on January 26, 2023, 4:41 pm

I've never handled one in person, but I am definitely aware of it! It's a cool camera, and made during a time where Leica and Panasonic were creating a lot of dual partnership cameras. There were some ones before this, and after this. I don't know of a direct Leica equivalent to this camera, but later on we had the L1. The Panasonic L1 was a four thirds camera, along with the Olympus E300/330 at the time and a Leica Digilux 3 which was also based on the same design.

After getting my Olympus E300 I thought it would be cool to pick up the L1, but it is quite hard to come by and expensive when it does show up. Especially when you can get the Olympus E300 for $100 or less most days, and it's pretty much the same thing.

Really pretty camera though.

If I am not mistaken this is the equivalent to the Leica digilux 2 due to it's looks and specifications, but that's me being naive 😛

So in two days I'll meet the guy if everything goes as planned.

The idea, my idea, is to have a kinda compact street photo machine capable for holidays with a beautiful look.

I have also seen that the M4/3s world has the Lumix GX7 that aestheticaly looks also very good to me, and you can attach there plenty of lenses, even some Leica or something? (yeah just saw that video for a "cheap" street combo of a guy that spends 700GBP (around 800€/$) and well that's not my idea of cheap, and uses some 15mm lens and a GX80. Sure looks great and has to be fantastic but, come on.

I have also seen that there are adaptors from Pentax K to micro 4/3 that might be good to use some old manual glass (i have a Cosina 24mm somewhere).

All those are random thoughts. Problem is I have bought that Yashica MG-1 rangefinder film camera and that fired me the will for a rangefinder or similar digital camera (film is precious and expensive).

What I like from the LC1 a part from the lens and the looks is that (this can also be a con) it makes you take your time to create an image. It's a Digital process quite similar to the Film one.

Well, in a couple days i'll let you know what happened with this.

JBP and mattlinardo have reacted to this post.
JBPmattlinardo

I look forward to hearing what happens! I recently found a Sony a6000 for my Mom. It has the viewfinder off to the side like the Lumix Gx7. It's quite nice not having to tilt your head to look through the viewfinder. It feels seamless and fast, which would be perfect for street and holidays. Now I want a similar camera. It never ends, does it? 😆

Yeah there are a lot of fantastic lens choices for micro 4/3. I like that Olympus and Panasonic can use each other's lenses. And with the ability to adapt DSLR lenses to the lens options are through the roof!

Daniel Gonzalez
Quote from JBP on February 5, 2023, 4:27 pm

I look forward to hearing what happens! I recently found a Sony a6000 for my Mom. It has the viewfinder off to the side like the Lumix Gx7. It's quite nice not having to tilt your head to look through the viewfinder. It feels seamless and fast, which would be perfect for street and holidays. Now I want a similar camera. It never ends, does it? 😆

Yeah there are a lot of fantastic lens choices for micro 4/3. I like that Olympus and Panasonic can use each other's lenses. And with the ability to adapt DSLR lenses to the lens options are through the roof!

It does not end, never ever xDDDD
I had a friend owning a Sony A6400 I think it was with the kit lens, and there at the track there is a very talented guy that was shooting with an A6600 and it was funny because he is like 2 meters tall and the camera as small as it is, it look tiny in his hands. Now he is shooting bigger Sony cameras. Yet those are very capable machines.

Yes, that thing about the universal mount is quite cool. Even thought I might buy the LC1 that is a non interchangeable lenses option and is slow. But maybe as said before, would be like shoot in film but with the benefits of Digital.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP

Okay I had to call the guy to set up a meeting today but it's been raining heavily today in Barcelona so I have not done so. Hopefully I will call him tomorrow and he'll not be mad.

Otherwise I could consider other options.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

I have bought it.

The man (a 69yo man) is a great character, very gentle guy.

The camera on the flesh looked great, now I see the rubbers aren't sticking to the camera anymore, i'm trying to solve this but I guess it is normal.

Overall the look is wonderful and I haven't had the moment to test it out as it drained the battery it had on, and the 2nd one was dead, so I will need to use it tomorrow or any other day.

The dials on the optics work smooth and great,

The guy told me that if I don't want it anymore, to let him know.

And we had a coffe just to chat about photography as he is passionate about it. But he says he had some Canon + a 24-105mm lens and he has discovered that the camera on his phone is great for the work he likes and he doesn't use the Canon anymore but his phone :-O

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Page 1 of 3Next