Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Olympus E30, multiple exposures.

I've worked with the Olympus E30, which has the option of multiple exposures on a single photo. I did two exposures on one photo. The sky is a nice background, I've noticed. Then made a macro shot with a low aperture (3.5) on the 35 mm macro. Then cropped to polaroid format and edited the photos quite a bit for a lomography look. Nice experiment, I will do more with this.

Uploaded files:
  • P7029860.jpg
  • P7029867.jpg
  • P7029868.jpg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and grover have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBrucegrover
Within the limits of my equipment consciously looking for painting with light.

Simply gorgeous!

What a good idea to use the sky as the other exposure. I tried a few double exposures and they came out looking like obvious mistakes. Yours look beautiful, intentional, artistic.

SpruceBruce and Bart Kerste have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceBart Kerste
Quote from Bart Kerste on July 3, 2022, 4:47 pm

I've worked with the Olympus E30, which has the option of multiple exposures on a single photo. I did two exposures on one photo. The sky is a nice background, I've noticed. Then made a macro shot with a low aperture (3.5) on the 35 mm macro. Then cropped to polaroid format and edited the photos quite a bit for a lomography look. Nice experiment, I will do more with this.

These are almost water color esque! Very beautiful.  I kinda wanna double stack some exposures from my Q or  Finepix Pro S2

Bart Kerste has reacted to this post.
Bart Kerste

Yep, I'm with everyone else! Great photos and you've inspired me to try this out some more. I've only played with multiple exposures for the silhouette of a face with something inside type of picture. Which is really cool but I stopped after that. I actually couldn't tell these were multiple exposures at first, but maybe shot through a plate of glass reflecting the sky or something. Very cool.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

Cool shots Bart.

One of my favourite uses for multi-exposure is to put the moon in your night shot. Take your first exposure of just the moon. Zoom in a little if you want it to be bigger in the combined image. Take the second shot of your foreground. It might take a try or two to get the moon in the right spot.

example (two exposures in camera):

Uploaded files:
  • moon.jpg
James Warner, ahoyhere and Bart Kerste have reacted to this post.
James WarnerahoyhereBart Kerste
Quote from ahoyhere on July 6, 2022, 10:22 pm

Simply gorgeous!

What a good idea to use the sky as the other exposure. I tried a few double exposures and they came out looking like obvious mistakes. Yours look beautiful, intentional, artistic.

In advance, sorry for my english. I use Google Translate to answer. I understand English well and I have no problem reading it, but writing is another story. Thank you for your response. It was my first time trying this. I am a member of a photography club and one of the members is experimenting with this. She indicated that by practicing a lot, you will see and experience when it fits well within a photo and when it does not. In addition, I am currently fascinated by lomography and instant photography. There, this technique is widely used, also employing other creative forms including deliberately under- or over-exposure, intentionally exposing film to light, and using dated film, causing color fringing. Precisely because of the use of older digital equipment, I looked on YouTube for photographers who are looking for the creativity that the use of material entails, such as the deliberate application of image noise. Where in the past it was just about purchasing the most recent equipment with the largest dynamic range, I am now looking for the limitations of your equipment and what you can now do with it creatively. I've had so many cameras, but never dealt with double exposure. It probably wouldn't have happened if I hadn't started looking at Snapiness @james-warner-b and One month Two cameras. I photographed this with a camera over 10 years old. In other words, I have always been very busy with equipment, but less with looking for the creativity that the (im)possibilities of your equipment entail. And then it's so nice that this project, at least for me, has been successful. I still have a lot to learn about double exposure, like shooting the moon first and then a skyline @grover. Never thought of doing it that way. I'm sure this is also possible in your area. The colors I've seen in your photos are beautiful. There really is a lot to discover in this area.

Within the limits of my equipment consciously looking for painting with light.