Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Olympus e-410

So I recently bought the Olympus e-410 dslr, I am so disappointed. I was expecting so much more from it but it is just so slow.

not had chance to view pictures properly as I’m waiting for an cf card reader to load the pictures on to pc but judging by the screen on the camera I’m not getting my hopes up.

I admit my expectation might be off because I had owned the omd e1 but so far it’s not one I’m going to keep.

Can you expand I have the E-420 whilst I recognize there are many better cameras out there you are talking about a 15 year old entry level camera. The LCD's from this long ago are quite lousy so pictures are a lot better in reality. The E-1 was still the flagship four thirds camera in 2007 so I wouldn't really consider it on the same level. In what regard is the E410 so slow?

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

Just to clarify I wasn't expecting to keep up with modern cameras.

In regards to being slow what I mean is there is a massive delay between pressing the shutter and it actually doing anything, Even worse in live view, I do understand at the time it was new tech. I thought it might be better if I switched to burst mode and it was the same made no difference to the speed of shooting and was not even 1fps yet alone 3.

Starting to wonder if I just have a duff one. To be fair to the camera I know it has spent a little time in Egypt as when I bought it it still had holiday snaps on the cf card so must give it credit for keeping dust and sand out of the sensor.

Quote from Lock5 on June 16, 2022, 8:24 am

In regards to being slow what I mean is there is a massive delay between pressing the shutter and it actually doing anything, Even worse in live view, I do understand at the time it was new tech. I thought it might be better if I switched to burst mode and it was the same made no difference to the speed of shooting and was not even 1fps yet alone 3.

Starting to wonder if I just have a duff one. To be fair to the camera I know it has spent a little time in Egypt as when I bought it it still had holiday snaps on the cf card so must give it credit for keeping dust and sand out of the sensor.

Hi,

Maybe you have a bad example of an E-410 as my very similar E-420 is no slower then my E-1 or E330.

Quote from Lock5 on June 16, 2022, 8:24 am

Yeah, I don't remember my E420 being slow at all. But I know what you mean. Shutter lag/delay is one of the most annoying things ever. My Sony FD5 floppy disk camera has it bad - you press the shutter and anywhere from 1-3 seconds later it will take a picture. It's so hard to get used to except for still photos haha.

I don't know if that's the model itself or something wrong with it, since I've never actually used the 410. But does seem a bit odd...

Happy snappin' 🙂

Don’t know if I can on here but I’ll try to take quick video of it to demonstrate.