Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Olympus 25mm f2.8 Lens won't communicate with camera, is there anyway to fix it?

PreviousPage 2 of 2
Quote from EckyH on September 14, 2022, 5:06 pm

The next suggestion came in:

I would tighten the visible screws at the lens mount and first and foremost at the contact block.
It seems that the lens has been put on and off many times. Perhaps that led to some play which prevents that the contact areas (of the lens and the contact pins in the camera, TN EckyH) come together with enough pressure. Maybe polishing the lens contacts to get rid of the black line (improves the electrical contact, TN EckyH).

E.

PS: I'm doing technical documentation professionally. This translation "job" here is very educational for me...

Thank you so much for doing that, and thank those on the other forum for in my behalf.

Still no luck. I tightened the screws, no luck. I ended up taking apart the back half of the lens and inspecting the circuit board. Didn't look like anything was loose there.

I tried now with a micro four thirds -> four thirds AF adapter on my Olympus E-M5, and it did not work there either. In fact, when the lens is attached the live view goes black. If I twist a bit to release the lens, the screen shows correctly through the lens just still no contact with the lens. Kind of weird.

I have not tried polishing the contacts, an I agree they look pretty worn down. I may look more into that.

Very odd. Seems dead now. Like I said it worked briefly when I tested it. Just long enough for me to give feedback to the seller, now totally dead 🙁

Happy snappin' 🙂
PreviousPage 2 of 2