Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Oahu and my Pentax KP

Jumped on some standby seats with my girlfriend and we spent a week in Oahu, using my ultimate work perk. It was our first time traveling together since Covid 19 became widespread in the United States. I took the KP with a 15mm Limited, 50-200, and 18-135 as a travel kit along with a DJI Mini 2 drone.  It was a perfect kit that covered all my tourist shot needs.  Of the 400 pictures I took, these are my favorite of the trip.

The first set were taken at Waimea Bay.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP0064-3.jpg
  • IMGP0060-1.jpg
  • IMGP0063-1.jpg
  • IMGP0045-3.jpg
  • IMGP0050-3.jpg
James Warner and Beau Carpenter have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau Carpenter

Some landscapes from the Ho’omaluhia Botanical Gardens, a creek in Haleiwa, and the Lanikai Pillboxes from the beach.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP0072-1.jpg
  • IMGP0071-1.jpg
  • IMGP0068-1.jpg
  • IMGP0073-1.jpg
  • IMGP0005-1.jpg
James Warner and Eye.n.Eye have reacted to this post.
James WarnerEye.n.Eye

Kuaola Ranch/Beach, for all the Jurassic Park nerds out there like myself.  It was awesome to stand in the same field the Rex attacked the Gallimimus, and a P40 flying tiger and the USS Missouri at Pearl Harbor.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP0062-1.jpg
  • IMGP0064-2.jpg
  • IMGP0087-1.jpg
  • IMGP0033-1.jpg
  • IMGP0045-2.jpg
James Warner, Tristan Carlos and Eye.n.Eye have reacted to this post.
James WarnerTristan CarlosEye.n.Eye

Mokulēʻia Rock Beach at sunset, the KPs sensor really shined in post here. The HDR bracketing mode makes some awesome lateral capabilities in Lightroom.  And some random misc shots.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP0193-1.jpg
  • IMGP0179-1.jpg
  • IMGP0192-1.jpg
  • IMGP0024-1.jpg
  • IMGP0050-2.jpg
James Warner and Tristan Carlos have reacted to this post.
James WarnerTristan Carlos

Looks like an incredible trip! Thanks for sharing all of these. The mountains look amazing

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

Incredible images. Shows off some beautiful areas very nicely. Love the compositions especially. What a trip 🙂

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂