Please or Register to create posts and topics.

New Lenses for my Olympus E-20

Today I got a big package full of goodies for my Olympus E-20. Remember, the Olympus E-20 has a fixed lens. You can't remove it. So the only way to get a different focal length from the 35-140mm equivalent they give you is to add things to the front. Heres just about all you could buy back on 2001 for the camera.

By the way, had you bought it in 2001, just the lens attachments would've cost you just under $1,000.

420mm is the biggest thing I've ever seen.

200mm weighs over a pound. Big chunk of glass. 87mm front element.

28mm weighs over a pound. Huge front element.

Macro attachment. Small but heavy.

I'll add more to the thread as I experiment and start filming my video.

Uploaded files:
  • PXL_20210701_231227399.jpg
SpruceBruce, Gawad and Herd have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawadHerd
Happy snappin' 🙂

I overlooked this, how does affect your wide open stops of light?  I’m assuming their might be some losses with them.

Quote from SpruceBruce on July 3, 2021, 9:43 pm

I overlooked this, how does affect your wide open stops of light?  I’m assuming their might be some losses with them.

I was surprised by this. Apparently the TCON-300 3x converter only makes you lose 1/2ev, going from the 2.4 on the long end to 2.8. Something about that is because it is going in front instead of behind the lens, and then some of it is by their design. I don't understand enough about optics to understand that. But indeed when testing it meters bright. I haven't done side by side with it on and off though.

The camera does have a limited shutter speed of 1/640th and I am noticing camera shake with that lens attached at anything below that. So I really need to bring a tripod of monopod for this lens or only use it on a bright sunny day I guess.

Happy snappin' 🙂