Please or Register to create posts and topics.

New here

Hi everyone, I’m an Irish street and urban photographer currently living in the capital of  the Philippines, Manila. I’ve used cameras from most companies but prefer Pentax and Ricoh gear, though not a fanboy. I use a GR III and Pentax Mx-1 for street, GH5 for video. I also love using vintage lens ever since I adapted my late grandfather’s Meyer Optik 58mm lens to an Olympus OMD EM10 that I had repaired. Love using Takumar and the much underrated Pentax M series lens.

I just this last week picked up a Ricoh GXR with 4 modules for around 300USD new. Initials thoughts are it’s a system ahead of its time, will share some photos here soon. Looking forward to getting to know this community

James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawadHeggenDazs
Kieran

Welcome! Glad you're here 👍 Looking forward to seeing some of your photos.

I don't know the prices well, but that sounds like a great find for the GXR, congrats!

SpruceBruce and kcphotogeek have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucekcphotogeek

Welcome, it'sgreat to have you here and see the the forum expanding, and I think I speak for all of us when i say we're looking forward to your participation.

SpruceBrucekcphotogeek
Quote from kcphotogeek on December 12, 2021, 10:39 am

Hi everyone, I’m an Irish street and urban photographer currently living in the capital of  the Philippines, Manila. I’ve used cameras from most companies but prefer Pentax and Ricoh gear, though not a fanboy. I use a GR III and Pentax Mx-1 for street, GH5 for video. I also love using vintage lens ever since I adapted my late grandfather’s Meyer Optik 58mm lens to an Olympus OMD EM10 that I had repaired. Love using Takumar and the much underrated Pentax M series lens.

I just this last week picked up a Ricoh GXR with 4 modules for around 300USD new. Initials thoughts are it’s a system ahead of its time, will share some photos here soon. Looking forward to getting to know this community

Welcome! Glad to have you. That’s a great setup you have. I’m using a G85 for video (little baby GH5, haha) and love it! Ricoh GR quickly became one of my favorite cameras ever and use it a lot. Love those vintage lenses.

I also picked up a GXR kit about a month ago. Which modules did you get? I have the S10, the A16 and A12 Leica M module. Very cool system. I think I like the Leica M module the best and adapting lenses to it, but the others are great too. For the price you paid looks like you got a steal! Looking forward to seeing some more stuff about it here.

SpruceBrucekcphotogeek
Happy snappin' 🙂

Welcome! Glad to see you to join us! Can't wait for some street content, always feel like Asia is so much more lively with the street scene than the US.  Jealous you live in the Philippines, I love chowing on some Chicken Adobo and Pancit.

kcphotogeek has reacted to this post.
kcphotogeek

Thanks all for the warm welcome. I’ve been in the Philippines for 2yrs due to circumstances in that time I’ve done very little traveling. But luckily I’ve a great view from where I’m staying in the heart of the CBD Makati. Yes the pancit is great and the local beer is good too, though I do miss the Guinness from back home.

For the GXR I got the P10, A16, A12 28mm and the A12 M Mount module. Some of the features are way ahead of its time. I picked up a Voightlander 40mm F1.4 for 300USD it’s arriving along with a Pentax-LM adapter soon, so will be able to try the M Mount module by the weekend hopefully

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and denniscrommett have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBrucedenniscrommett
Kieran

Welcome @kcphotogeek! Just chiming in to say that and also how much I love (and miss) Ireland too! I live in Massachusetts in the U.S., but have been to Ireland three times and felt very much at home there. I haven't been since digging deeper into photography, but can't wait to do so. Looking forward to seeing your photos!

kcphotogeek has reacted to this post.
kcphotogeek