Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Need your help testing Classic Camera Database

PreviousPage 3 of 3

Oh I forgot to add, one of the features I finally got around do coding was pagination. In case you were wondering where those cameras you were adding went đŸ˜… It was only returning 20 at a time, but now you can flip through the pages!

grover has reacted to this post.
grover
Happy snappin' đŸ™‚

Wow!! This has come so far since the last time I looked at it. Looks fantastic. And just with a couple clicks, I discovered a camera I had never heard of & knew nothing about… that's a success.

Love the Flickr-search link.

The Minolta Dimage 7 one returned a lot of results from a Minolta Dimage scanner… I added quotes to the search term and that fixed it, might want to see if you can't urlencode those as well.

Hey @james-warner-b, I just submitted my first camera to the database and am not sure if it worked. The screen flashed immediately (like instantly) to a list of cameras after I hit submit. No message or anything. It also wasn't the filtered list of cameras I was previously on.

BTW, I would be into guest writing a blog post now and again if you'd like!

Quote from ahoyhere on July 17, 2022, 1:58 am

Wow!! This has come so far since the last time I looked at it. Looks fantastic. And just with a couple clicks, I discovered a camera I had never heard of & knew nothing about… that's a success.

Love the Flickr-search link.

The Minolta Dimage 7 one returned a lot of results from a Minolta Dimage scanner… I added quotes to the search term and that fixed it, might want to see if you can't urlencode those as well.

Great catch, I'll take care of that for my next set of batch fixes. đŸ˜€

Quote from ahoyhere on July 22, 2022, 5:12 am

Hey @james-warner-b, I just submitted my first camera to the database and am not sure if it worked. The screen flashed immediately (like instantly) to a list of cameras after I hit submit. No message or anything. It also wasn't the filtered list of cameras I was previously on.

BTW, I would be into guest writing a blog post now and again if you'd like!

Yeah it's been mentioned that that experience is unclear. I still haven't totally decided how I wanted to fix it, but I do have it written down to make it better. Thanks for that feedback.

Great! I am still fixing up the blogging feature but maybe you can be my test dummy for that too đŸ˜€ I love reading your thoughts on your blog.

Thanks for all the help everyone! I just released an upgrade with some minor styling fixes, minor behind the scenes optimizations, a home page now that isn't finished but has a camera of the day feature which is kinda cool. Also an enormous bug fix that I'm glad none of you had to experience đŸ˜›

ahoyhere has reacted to this post.
ahoyhere
Happy snappin' đŸ™‚
PreviousPage 3 of 3