Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Need help choosing a digital camera

So Im thinking of buying a digital camera finally but am stuck between two choices, So I thought you guys would help me choose one. I own a pentax film camera and would be nice to have a single set of lenses for both film and digital. Rn my choices are-

i) A full frame sony a7ii or rii with some pentax vintage lenses which Id adapt onto.
or
ii)A old pentax dslr with some more vintage lenses. And also a original fuji x100 which wouldn't be that much of a drag to keep with me on just normal walks (I saw one for sale for 250-300$ on a local shop and havent seen a nice ccd camera here ones).

I have the A7ii, and I love it. Stabilization, weather sealing, FF, small size, great battery life, GREAT low light.

I don't know what matters to you though. I'm sure the Pentax DSLR is a great camera that can take fine images. Keep in mind that a DSLR is just generally more difficult to adapt lenses to.

Ever striving for minimum competency

Thats why Im planning to use pentax lenses on it

pentax also is able to mount m42 glass.

Is that even street bro?

What adapter should I get for that?

Quote from mangocider on December 15, 2022, 4:07 am

What adapter should I get for that?

You can get one of these off brand ones: https://amzn.to/3huJo5o

It is what I use. You can buy an adapter made by Pentax decades ago, but it's harder to find and expensive. Some say it works better, and by that I mean that sometimes the cheap ones get stuck in your mount and takes a little effort to get it back out. I haven't had it get stuck before, but it is difficult to remove at times and takes a minute or two.

Happy snappin' 🙂