Please or Register to create posts and topics.

My Ricoh GR Travel Kit

I love the Ricoh GR. With that large sensor and extra sharp lens, it's like having a landscape DSLR setup in your pocket. Here's the kit I have put together so far. Look how compact it is!

1. The Ricoh GR. Two extra batteries are store underneath in a padded sheath.
  2. Filter attachment and hood. Including a circular polarizing filter (my favorite) and a macro adapter that works pretty good. The hood and adapter are about $50 from Ricoh. Way overpriced for the little bits of plastic they are. I got them for $15 on eBay. You can also 3D print them like I did (a few weeks before I found them super cheap on eBay).
  3. FlashQ flash with transmitter and gels. Super sweet setup. Look it up. $60 with my student discount. Adjustable power levels, wireless or on-camera. Super compact. Love it.
  4. Up here I have a battery pack for charging the flash, SD cards, charger, cables etc. Also I have my smart phones SD card adapter. This lets me move pictures over to edit and share on my phone without having wifi like the GRII and III.

Well, there's my setup! All in a bag the size of my hand stretched out.

Uploaded files:
  • InkedPXL_20210408_003136037_LI.jpg
  • PXL_20210408_003210071.jpg
agentlossing and Beau Carpenter have reacted to this post.
agentlossingBeau Carpenter
Happy snappin' 🙂

For whatever reason I'm not seeing the photos in the thread.

Quote from SpruceBruce on April 8, 2021, 10:15 pm

For whatever reason I'm not seeing the photos in the thread.

Thanks. I didn't realize the link I used was protected so it was only loading for me. I just uploading them directly as a quick fix. Awkward... 😀

Happy snappin' 🙂

Great kit!

Yes, as you mentioned the FlashQ is fantastic and I like seeing the phone SD card reader included too. That has been a game changer for my photography. Since almost all of my photos go to Instagram or other places online, it's so convenient to import, edit on the phone or ipad, and post.

Also, for me the SD card is also far better than some sort of wireless connection between phone and camera.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

Alright that's a perfect setup now I can see!  Love it.

Quote from Beau Carpenter on April 10, 2021, 5:46 pm

Great kit!

Yes, as you mentioned the FlashQ is fantastic and I like seeing the phone SD card reader included too. That has been a game changer for my photography. Since almost all of my photos go to Instagram or other places online, it's so convenient to import, edit on the phone or ipad, and post.

Also, for me the SD card is also far better than some sort of wireless connection between phone and camera.

I gave up my on K-1's wifi transferring because it was already slow and then the raw files are 50-60mb 🤣

Its very nice to share something real quick. When I print I usually edit on my computer again, but sometimes what I get out of Snapseed is good enough to print. Love that app.

Happy snappin' 🙂