Please or Register to create posts and topics.

My Pentax body collection (July 2021)

PreviousPage 2 of 2
Quote from SpruceBruce on July 22, 2021, 1:23 am

My current lineup,

The Q, MZ-S, wallet destroyer aka 6x7, my KP, and the original camera that started my Pentax journey!

I love that every one of these bodies have metal construction, something that the other major manufacturers lack.

I'd like to maybe upgrade to the K1 eventually, and swap my LX100 out for a GR or MX-1.

Nice! I see you skipped full frame there and went 6x7! Not bad! 😉

How's the LX100 treating you by the way? Heard good things aside from the sensor dust problem.

Quote from tristancarlos on July 22, 2021, 7:24 am
Quote from SpruceBruce on July 22, 2021, 1:23 am

My current lineup,

The Q, MZ-S, wallet destroyer aka 6x7, my KP, and the original camera that started my Pentax journey!

I love that every one of these bodies have metal construction, something that the other major manufacturers lack.

I'd like to maybe upgrade to the K1 eventually, and swap my LX100 out for a GR or MX-1.

Nice! I see you skipped full frame there and went 6x7! Not bad! 😉

How's the LX100 treating you by the way? Heard good things aside from the sensor dust problem.

The 6*7 was undervalued by 600-800 bucks on ebay, I couldn't say no. So I sold my Nikon Df and some Nikkor lenses to make up for it.

I don't particularly have a urgent need for a FX camera, when my APS-C KP works just as great.

My LX100 treats me great! It takes very vivid sharp pics, never had dust on the sensor yet.  But I only ever really use it if I'm traveling very light.

Quote from Eye.n.Eye on July 21, 2021, 8:52 am

I was proud of myself for a few days, only to break my self control over the weekend, and impulse buy a K1 haha. The price was right, and my plan is to convert it to full spectrum, as I already have a K1ii.

In typing this story out, its clear, I have a serious problem haha.

Well, yes, me too 🙂

That sounds really neat. The detail should be incredible on that sensor for full spectrum work.

My great secret is I eye a 645D every time it's listed around $1,500. If I didn't buy a new mountain bike this year, I think I would have gone for it. No real reason. That's the problem though. $1,500 would be the most I'd ever spent on "just because". Haha.

Tristan Carlos, SpruceBruce and Eye.n.Eye have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosSpruceBruceEye.n.Eye
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from tristancarlos on July 22, 2021, 7:21 am

Thanks!

That's a huuuuge impulse buy haha. Yeah, it's really tough. I thought I had everything and then a reasonably priced Sigma 35mm 1.4 popped up and I "accidentally" bought it.

I'm beginning to think that the only cure is to find a new hobby.  :]

Okay maybe true but that Sigma is supposed to be really, really good. Not that you needed my help justifying your splurge, haha.

Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Snappy on July 23, 2021, 2:22 am

I was proud of myself for a few days, only to break my self control over the weekend, and impulse buy a K1 haha. The price was right, and my plan is to convert it to full spectrum, as I already have a K1ii.

Well, yes, me too 🙂

That sounds really neat. The detail should be incredible on that sensor for full spectrum work.

My great secret is I eye a 645D every time it's listed around $1,500. If I didn't buy a new mountain bike this year, I think I would have gone for it. No real reason. That's the problem though. $1,500 would be the most I'd ever spent on "just because". Haha.

The K1 deal was a little too good in the end. I think the seller found out its market value, and cancelled my order and refunded the money. So that one slipped through the net, but its all good, it was 100% an impulse want, and not a need! As you noted, the prices on K1s should continue to fall, they seem to have sold enough new to keep the second market covered for the foreseeable future.... not mention already owning one 🤣

I recently was watching an eBay auction that started at $1AUD for a 645D. Luckily the price ended up well outside my "impulse buying range" 😂 so I still don't have to consider medium format as a viable option just yet.

Getting back to the OPs original post, I did just find a fairly mint (3k shutter) *istD with battery grip come up for sale in my country. I'll try and resist, but I think there is a zero percent chance I don't buy it haha

Quote from tristancarlos on July 22, 2021, 7:21 am

I had to sign up, just to say that's a great collection Tristan!

I can definitely relate to the Pentax DSLR addiction. I saw a *istD on eBay the other day in horrible condition, and it took all of my effort NOT to purchase it. I didn't need it, I just wanted to purchase "the original" Pentax DSLR and add it to my collection. I already have the exact sensor in a newer body (The K100D, purchased just because its the first SR Pentax haha).

Thanks!

That's a huuuuge impulse buy haha. Yeah, it's really tough. I thought I had everything and then a reasonably priced Sigma 35mm 1.4 popped up and I "accidentally" bought it.

I'm beginning to think that the only cure is to find a new hobby.  :]

If it makes you feel any better, the Sigma 35 F1.4 is my all time favourite full frame DSLR lens (and the "similar" 18-35 F1.8 is my all time favourite APS-C lens). So I think you made the right move!

James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner
PreviousPage 2 of 2