Please or Register to create posts and topics.

My New Camera (System?) Ricoh GXR Introduction

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Trying some of the other Auto 110 lenses out. The 18mm and 24mm work beautifully. I still need to try one more time on the adapter and try to get myself a little more room, since I can’t focus very far still. I’m convinced I can get this a little  more room though and not just for close-ups.

Also, I found out he Ricoh GXR has focus peaking. Not the best implementation, but still much better than trying to guess through the LCD on a sunny day. I can manual focus through a nice viewfinder, but not an LCD without focus assist.

Ricoh GXR Leica M A12 Module + Pentax Auto 110 18mm

R1019346 by SnapppyPic, on Flickr

Ricoh GXR Leica M A12 Module + Pentax Auto 110 24mm

R1019380 by SnapppyPic, on Flickr

Uploaded files:
  • B42D5BF0-605E-4A05-9AA2-5C7BEC0B0690.jpeg
Beau Carpenter has reacted to this post.
Beau Carpenter
Happy snappin' 🙂

Your photos look great.  What are you using for a viewfinder with the GXR?  Did one come with the camera?

You are right that the difference between the M mount and the 110 mount is just 0.8mm but the 110 flange distance is 0.8mm less than the M mount flange distance so your adapter needs to mount the 110 lens inside the M mounting plate just like a c mount to MFT adapter does.  Maybe that's what you are doing and it is just hard to see that in the picture.

I would love to see how you are managing to print the connecting part of the 110 adapter.  My store bought version has a locking pin.  Did you mange to make yours lock?

I am not sure you could get a diaphragm in your -0.8mm adapter.  That would be tricky.  I have seen others do it for a 110-MFT adapter where there is more room (7.75mm) between the back of the 110 lens and the MFT mount.

Karen

Quote from kmcsmart on November 13, 2021, 8:05 pm

Your photos look great.  What are you using for a viewfinder with the GXR?  Did one come with the camera?

You are right that the difference between the M mount and the 110 mount is just 0.8mm but the 110 flange distance is 0.8mm less than the M mount flange distance so your adapter needs to mount the 110 lens inside the M mounting plate just like a c mount to MFT adapter does.  Maybe that's what you are doing and it is just hard to see that in the picture.

I would love to see how you are managing to print the connecting part of the 110 adapter.  My store bought version has a locking pin.  Did you mange to make yours lock?

I am not sure you could get a diaphragm in your -0.8mm adapter.  That would be tricky.  I have seen others do it for a 110-MFT adapter where there is more room (7.75mm) between the back of the 110 lens and the MFT mount.

Karen

I don't have a viewfinder, but I wish I did for this manual focus stuff. The focus peaking helps, but it's still quite tricky. The Ricoh VF-2 Electronic view finder is quite expensive still (~$250) but I'm going to keep my eye on it and see if one ever pops up for cheaper. That would be really nice.

Yes, I am trying to put it in a little. 0.8mm is small enough amount to make up, especially since this is mirrorless and I don't have to worry about hitting a mirror. There looks to be plenty of space before the shutter. The problem I'm running into now is designing something that is strong but also allows an indentation large enough for the different sizes of the 110 lenses. The actual mount is the same size, but the base of the lenses vary wildly and I'm trying to account for that in the smartest way.

You're right some kind of sliding out aperture discs wouldn't work here unless I came up with something super fancy (not 3d printed). I could maybe manage a system that I pre-mount the selected aperture, then mount the lens. Not sure. Thinking out loud.

The 110 lens does not click in like it does on my nice metal m4/3 adapter. It's a friction fit, so it tightens as you twist it on. It feels very secure, but I still wouldn't go running with it in my hand, especially not with my larger 70mm lens.

kmcsmart has reacted to this post.
kmcsmart
Happy snappin' 🙂
PreviousPage 2 of 2