Please or Register to create posts and topics.

My Moody B&W Preset I use to develop my image in Lightroom

Hi guys!

If anyone ever wanted a great B&W recipe for editing photos, this is my baseline preset I've saved in Lightoom Mobile.  Since I haven't found a way to export my Preset and make it shareable, I figured I'd share the slider values if anyone else wanted to try them out.  I adjust from there until I get my desired look.  I tried my best to emulate the look of Delta 100, my favorite BW filmstock. I enable Remove CA & Lens Correction under optics and then convert to BW under the color tab.  A sample photo converted using these values of an abandoned truck.  Pentax K1 & SMC A 35-105mm F3.5 with matrix metering for the exposure info.

Exposure EV 

-1.92 EV 

Contrast 

Highlights 

SHADOWS 

WHITES 

BLACKS -37

If anyone else have their own recipes feel free to share! I'd love to try out them on my own RAW files.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP2678-2.jpg
  • IMGP2678-1.jpg
ahoyhere has reacted to this post.
ahoyhere

This is a great idea! I gave it a go with a photo I took a while ago but never processed. The only thing I changed from your preset was to add some film grain (the "light" setting in Lightroom). I really like the way it came out!! 😁

Edit: I realized I was blowing out the highlights, so I brought the whites down and reuploaded. 🙂

IMGP0751 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

I liked it so much I had to do it again right away. 😅 This time on a shot from today. I added some film grain again and boosted the exposure a bit from the -1.92 starting point. I'm really digging this moody B&W preset. 🙂

IMGP5908 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr