Please or Register to create posts and topics.

My dream team

This is what I consider to be my dream team.

Uploaded files:
  • B7AFE906-133C-4C04-BB84-F5244B5C61FF.jpeg
James Warner, Tristan Carlos and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerTristan CarlosSpruceBruceJBP

Nice lineup!

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from Lock5 on February 14, 2022, 10:28 pm

This is what I consider to be my dream team.

it covers pretty much all focal lengths one would need 99% of the time. Nice lineup!

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

Nice setup! I'm looking to add a 10-24 from Fujifilm to my kit one of these days!

I'm also looking to add some wider angles to my kit. I have nothing below 17mm currently. Also a superzoom from 18-250 or 300 would be grand. @lock5's three lenses cover it all!

Nice kit! I have the 50-135 and can attest it is a great lens. The 10-24 seems like a nice wide angle zoom. @jbp There's also the Sigma 10-20 that can be had for cheap and I've heard from a few people they liked it. I have the Pentax 12-24 but that is a bit more, and I don't think much better optically. I'd have to check that for sure though.

I've also used the 10-17mm fisheye, and that's an interesting one. The fisheye effect is string at 10mm, but as you close in towards 17mm it gets less and less so making it almost a normal wide angle. Still more distorted than a normal ultra wide, but not fisheye.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Happy snappin' 🙂

I had the Sigma 10-20mm back in the day (circa 2008) for my Nikon D300 and it was good then. I imagine any updates would be better.

Quote from James Warner on July 17, 2022, 12:39 am

Nice kit! I have the 50-135 and can attest it is a great lens. The 10-24 seems like a nice wide angle zoom. @jbp There's also the Sigma 10-20 that can be had for cheap and I've heard from a few people they liked it. I have the Pentax 12-24 but that is a bit more, and I don't think much better optically. I'd have to check that for sure though.

I've also used the 10-17mm fisheye, and that's an interesting one. The fisheye effect is string at 10mm, but as you close in towards 17mm it gets less and less so making it almost a normal wide angle. Still more distorted than a normal ultra wide, but not fisheye.

Quote from ahoyhere on July 17, 2022, 1:01 am

I had the Sigma 10-20mm back in the day (circa 2008) for my Nikon D300 and it was good then. I imagine any updates would be better.

Good advice! I added the 10-20 f/4-5.6 to my kit yesterday and it's really good! Shooting at 10mm is quite an experience too. Really fun fitting so much into a frame. 😎