Please or Register to create posts and topics.

My Blog

Hey folks, if you have any desire to read the ramblings of a confused mind trying to make photography more than a pastime (by which I don't mean a business - heaven forbid - but rather a philosophy), check out my little corner of the blogosphere here: http://www.thesprocketdocket.wordpress.com

I ramble on sometimes about snap photography, photographic philosophy and equipment! Ye be warned.

Great stuff, thanks for sharing. I read the GR IIIx post first, because selfishly I want one. But I will check out some of the other articles because they also look interesting. Lots of great photos too.

Happy snappin' 🙂

Thanks a bunch! I haven't written a review article for the GRIIIx yet, but I need to soon! I'm less of a gear reviewer per se, but when I have a camera that's got something interesting to say, so to speak, I write about it, and the GRIIIx has stuff to say.

I ramble on sometimes about snap photography, photographic philosophy and equipment! Ye be warned.

Thanks for sharing that, @agentlossing. Much like this site and forum, I really appreciate that you've taken your photography and thoughts about it into your own hands, on a site of your own; I miss blogs, and look forward to reading yours more!

I just read the two parts of your Two Working Elements of a Photograph piece, and found it really insightful. I especially appreciated the mention of surprise in photography, which is akin to a topic I've thought about bringing up on this forum: What's the place or roll of humor in photography? Is it possible? Is it only confined to a photo that is inherently funny, like me getting hit in the crotch with a Nerf bat? (Not funny, btw.) Most of my creative work has been with music, and there's definitely room for humor and surprise there. In getting into photography, I've wondered if humor lives there too.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion of printing and framing photos (my one professional photographer friend around here where I live says the same thing), and for sharing your thoughts on your blog.

Quote from agentlossing on November 3, 2021, 4:21 pm

Hey folks, if you have any desire to read the ramblings of a confused mind trying to make photography more than a pastime (by which I don't mean a business - heaven forbid - but rather a philosophy), check out my little corner of the blogosphere here: http://www.thesprocketdocket.wordpress.com

I enjoyed it, and  looked up Stephen Shore and I am going to try to get some of his books from the library.  Photos look very interesting to me. I especially like the shots of the guys with the boat and the restaurant shot.

Do you ever watch Ted Forbes channel, Art of Photography?  I like his show.