Please or Register to create posts and topics.

"Moin!"

Hello - or "Moin!" where I come from (guess!). I have now been living in the American Pacific Northwest for close to a decade and call this home.

My name is Tobias. I have been an amateur photographer in both analog and digital since the 1990s. I shoot a broad range of subjects that interest me. That includes the public space and environments. If you're curious: either on Flickr or https://tobiasweisserth.photography

My first own camera was a 35mm analog Nikon point and shoot camera with a zoom lens in the 1990s. I bought one of the first consumer digital cameras around 1997 (an HP) and upgraded to an Olympus Camedia C-900 Zoom in 1998 - which I still have and it still works. Four double A batteries and 1.3 million pixels of digital photography glory.

Over time, I have added many cameras. By now I have hundreds. And many more lenses. Name a system, I probably have a good footprint in it - with the exception of Sony and Fuji (digital).

I love Foveon. My favorite output has been from the Merrill sensor on the DP2 Merrill and the SD1. I also love the DP0 Quattro and the dp Quattro and Quattro H. On film, I mostly gravitate towards 35mm on a Leica M body.

Hope to learn from y'all here and hopefully I can help someone too.

Cheers,

Tobias

Quote from Tobias Weisserth on September 27, 2024, 2:19 am

Hello - or "Moin!" where I come from (guess!). I have now been living in the American Pacific Northwest for close to a decade and call this home.

My name is Tobias. I have been an amateur photographer in both analog and digital since the 1990s. I shoot a broad range of subjects that interest me. That includes the public space and environments. If you're curious: either on Flickr or https://tobiasweisserth.photography

My first own camera was a 35mm analog Nikon point and shoot camera with a zoom lens in the 1990s. I bought one of the first consumer digital cameras around 1997 (an HP) and upgraded to an Olympus Camedia C-900 Zoom in 1998 - which I still have and it still works. Four double A batteries and 1.3 million pixels of digital photography glory.

Over time, I have added many cameras. By now I have hundreds. And many more lenses. Name a system, I probably have a good footprint in it - with the exception of Sony and Fuji (digital).

I love Foveon. My favorite output has been from the Merrill sensor on the DP2 Merrill and the SD1. I also love the DP0 Quattro and the dp Quattro and Quattro H. On film, I mostly gravitate towards 35mm on a Leica M body.

Hope to learn from y'all here and hopefully I can help someone too.

Cheers,

Tobias

Nice to meet you, Tobias! That's a beautiful portfolio you have - thanks for sharing.

We have people into all sorts of stuff on here, so you're with a good group. And I'm sure we can learn from you too. Feel free to post a discussion on something you're interested in, or share some thoughts. We also enjoy checking out each other's current photos in the Share your Photos thread.

See you around,

-james

Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Tobias Weisserth on September 27, 2024, 2:19 am

Hello - or "Moin!" where I come from (guess!).

Hello =)
I would guess Germany or Austria.

Nice website, I should probably create one too. I had one like 20 years ago, hand typed HTML.