Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Mobile Editing

Does anyone here primarily edit digital files on an ipad? It seems like the good apps are all pretty cost-prohibative. Lightroom and Photoshop require creative cloud subscriptions, and Capture One and Affinity also require subscription or have a costly perpetual license. Darkroom seems to work well but half the features are locked unless you pay and it crashes a lot on me (I have a 9th gen normal ipad, so it's definitely not that powerful).

If anyone else has tried to look into this, I'd love to hear your findings and experiences!

Ever striving for minimum competency
Quote from Justin Tung on June 12, 2023, 1:57 am

Does anyone here primarily edit digital files on an ipad? It seems like the good apps are all pretty cost-prohibative. Lightroom and Photoshop require creative cloud subscriptions, and Capture One and Affinity also require subscription or have a costly perpetual license. Darkroom seems to work well but half the features are locked unless you pay and it crashes a lot on me (I have a 9th gen normal ipad, so it's definitely not that powerful).

If anyone else has tried to look into this, I'd love to hear your findings and experiences!

I usually edit on my phone because the screen on my pc is awful to say the least and though I tend to use jpegs for most of my shooting if you can export your images as DNGs you can use snapseed for most everyday-type of shots especially since it offers curve adjustments

EckyH has reacted to this post.
EckyH