Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Lumix DMC-FZ10

I was looking for some negatives to scan and found an old camera of mine, the 2003 Lumix DMC-FZ10, a 4 megapixel, 12x zoom wonder. I got it a 1GB SD card to replace the 16MB one it had in it (yup, megabytes), a new battery and went around the back yard snapping away. As expected, it is not doing highlights too well so after some fuffing around decided to shoot it with exposure compensation of -1, Shooting in A/S/M mode is too much of a hassle with the controls it offers - so I am shooting P mode with ISO 100, limiting it to the lower range of the zoom because without IS quality at the high-end is suspect and the IS on this old camera does more harm than good at the entire zoom range.

I remember not liking this camera much when we originally got it, had young kids at the time and left the image-stabilization on by default, not realizing at the time (well, I was probably sleep deprived) it was the main reason for the shakiness of many images. I believe we replaced it 3 years later with a Kodak Easyshare V705 - which I liked at the time, a lot more.

Anyway, nobody should be too excited about this camera nor get out of their way to get it, but despite it's many limitations I actually had fun shooting with it and the IQ is pretty decent for a 21+ years old camera.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce